Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2011, 21:19
It is the R3-iers time on the thread!
Nice to see that guys, as the nerves will be wracking more & more as we approach the 4th week...
IMD Thread Master
Schools: IMD, INSEAD
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 04:46
Hang in everyone, it is well worth it.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 09:25
Folks, I heard the calls have began!!!
Anybody has heard from IMD!
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 09:35
birdy76 wrote:

birdy76, congrats for being accepted! will you go for it or insead if accepted there as well (I saw on your profile that you're an INSEAD candidate too)!
what is your profile like btw!
IMD Thread Master
Schools: IMD, INSEAD
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 06:15
IMDier wrote:
birdy76 wrote:

birdy76, congrats for being accepted! will you go for it or insead if accepted there as well (I saw on your profile that you're an INSEAD candidate too)!
what is your profile like btw!

I was lucky enough to be accepted at both IMD and INSEAD. I chose IMD because I think it is a better fit for me.

My profile: 34 years old/ GMAT 640/ Canadian/ Entrepreneur with science background / fluent in 3 languages/ 12 years of international work experience.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 08:26
R3 applicant here. Missed a call from IMD earlier today :( Got their voicemail on call back. Hope to hear from them again soon :-/
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 23:25
Got the invitation folks!

R1 and R2 interviewed folks!
what this interview is like! I had a general description by mail from IMD
- one to one interveiw: what it is like? what do they ask? what do they search for in the candidate here?
- impromptu pres.: what kind of subjects do they give to present?
- case discussion??

Any advices?
Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Business School, Manchester Business School, HEC Paris, Rotterdam School of Management, Babson College
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 23:28
Do you guys have the profiles for all those people who have gotten into IMD this year ?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 23:44
IMDier wrote:
Got the invitation folks!

R1 and R2 interviewed folks!
what this interview is like! I had a general description by mail from IMD
- one to one interveiw: what it is like? what do they ask? what do they search for in the candidate here?
- impromptu pres.: what kind of subjects do they give to present?
- case discussion??

Any advices?

Oh man! I don't mean to be harsh but I'd recommend you to explore this forum a little more. There's plenty info on everything you ask about. There's also blogspot, businessweek forum, etc. Do google it!

That's what I could find for you, and I'm sure that's not all of it
imd-mba-108693-40.html#p897332

imd-mba-108693-80.html#p908028

imd-mba-108693-120.html#p921676

any-imd-applicants-for-89991-60.html#p706257
any-imd-applicants-for-89991-60.html#p706797
any-imd-applicants-for-89991-100.html#p726764
any-imd-applicants-for-89991-120.html#p729273
any-imd-applicants-for-89991-200.html#p769987

http://imdhowie.blogspot.com/2010/03/interview-day.html
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2011, 05:54
Got a call for interview. The dates I was given as options are in late August ... which make the IMD application process 3 months+. Is this typical?
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2011, 06:21
tobian wrote:
Got a call for interview. The dates I was given as options are in late August ... which make the IMD application process 3 months+. Is this typical?

I guess most of adcom is on vacation in July and perhaps in August, that's why it takes so long to get through in this particular admission round.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2011, 08:04
ligett wrote:
I guess most of adcom is on vacation in July and perhaps in August, that's why it takes so long to get through in this particular admission round.

Good point. That timeline is kind of problematic for the purpose of weighing options with other schools. Oh well.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD MBA 2012

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 07:31
I just got their call and scheduled an interview for the 26th of August. Anyone else on the same date?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 00:34
Hi Guys,

got invterview call for R3 on 19th Aug. Anyone in Laussane for same day?

cheers
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2011, 08:54
mine on the 26th
Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Business School, Manchester Business School, HEC Paris, Rotterdam School of Management, Babson College

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 04:43
Can you be more detailed about the presentation and the topic and what is expected in general when doing the presentation. How many people is the presentation addressed to ?

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2011, 08:12
Hey Aman, thank you for the details on the presentation, but let me pose a few more questions to you
A) your assumptions relating to structuring, decomposition etc are all thought through the point of view of a consultant/ business major. So am I to assume that the emphasis is on the conclusion rather than presentation skills ?
B) I had read somewhere that PowerPoint is not the medium for presentations? So what is then ?

And can you tell me your profile please and why IMD ? Thanks

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 10:37
scbguy wrote:
Hey Aman, thank you for the details on the presentation, but let me pose a few more questions to you
A) your assumptions relating to structuring, decomposition etc are all thought through the point of view of a consultant/ business major. So am I to assume that the emphasis is on the conclusion rather than presentation skills ?
B) I had read somewhere that PowerPoint is not the medium for presentations? So what is then ?

And can you tell me your profile please and why IMD ? Thanks

A) I'm not sure I fully understand your question (not sure what you mean by "thought through from the point of view of a consultant/business major"), but will try to answer as best as I can. I think the thought process/logic/flow is probably the most important aspect. In our group of 7, my conclusion was completely different to everyone else. What I mean to say is that there is no "right" conclusion - its like A > B and B > C, therefore, A > C. Presentation skills are pretty important, I believe, from what I hear, as it is a core part of the course. But, I don't think presentation skills are the most important element - its content first, then the packaging.
B) You'll need to hand-prepare your presentations on transparencies using coloured pens. You present using an overhead projector.

In terms of profile, I'm 30/M/Indian, 760 GMAT, First Degree from India, Masters from the UK, around 8 years of Work Exp mostly in the UK but including international assignments, in Audit, Consulting and Corporate Finance, ACA, CFA, Speak English, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi and Urdu.

A number of common reasons for joining IMD (class size, diversity, 1 year course, intensity, more "mature" class, small but extremely helpful alumni network, career services, etc.) have been recounted on these forums on several occasions. Amongst other things, what stood out for me was the ability to do a top notch personalised MBA - given the class size of 90 and ability to get very close to the faculty and the diversity as well as quality of other participants, it really is possible to take away exactly what you want from the MBA (within certain constraints). To me, this is why every IMD MBA is unique, not a standardised factory product.

I strongly suggest that everyone attends the one-day on campus introduction to IMD (even if one isn't planning on doing an MBA, it is an experience to remember). It was this campus visit the really showed me what an IMD MBA was all about and made my decision for me.

Hope this helps, but as always, don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

Aman
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 10:49
Firstly, your profile is king :). I wish I get a 760 :). Secondly, very inspiring as well and I will definitely attend their campus event, it's already on my to do list. Needless to say I'm still in a grey area regarding the presentation but I guess the unknown is the aim of the school. Cheers and let me know the decision regarding your admission.

Intern
Intern

Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 11:56
Aman: you did an excellent summary of the assessment day! It was exactly what happened on our May 24th assessment except we were only 6 candidates: 3 russians, 1 japanese, 1 greek and myself - vietnamese and our assessment day was a sunny day :lol: .
As Aman said, I think there is no set quota as the our day's results were 2A/2WL/2D.
For the impromptu presentation, I really think the key is the presentation skill. Of course, the content needs to followed a logical flow; however, I don't think the adcom really look at the outcomes of our analysis. 6 of us came with 6 ways of presentation, analysis and conclusions which were all extremely interesting. It's really the power of diversity that IMD looks for, isn't it ;)
Re: IMD MBA Program Applicants 2012   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2011, 11:56