Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 13:57

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 04:48
hm... it makes sense,
I didnt think that it is possible (to retake it after application),
but still there is no guarantee that I will be invited to the interview.
Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Nov. 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 04:54
25340 wrote:
hm... it makes sense,

I have 710 and I was not invited to LBS or INSEAD while other with 680 or less were...

GMAT is just a parameter and improving it won't give the security that you'll get to the interview.

Do you have international outlook/experience? Work Experience? Good undergrad?...

Assume you have them because IMD told you so, and they tell the truth about it: submit your application, but not a guarantee to be invited to interview.

On the other hand, if you're applying to INSEAD you should know that they care much more about GMAT and so you should be above percentile 70 in verbal and maths.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 05:09
mertvye wrote:
25340 wrote:
hm... it makes sense,

I have 710 and I was not invited to LBS or INSEAD while other with 680 or less were...

GMAT is just a parameter and improving it won't give the security that you'll get to the interview.

Do you have international outlook/experience? Work Experience? Good undergrad?...

Assume you have them because IMD told you so, and they tell the truth about it: submit your application, but not a guarantee to be invited to interview.

On the other hand, if you're applying to INSEAD you should know that they care much more about GMAT and so you should be above percentile 70 in verbal and maths.

you are totally right,
GMAT is just a parameter, but it is increase you chances anyway,
My international experience: Bachelor of US University, Working with international teams in Russia.
Thats all ((
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 05:19
25340 wrote:
mertvye wrote:
25340 wrote:
hm... it makes sense,

you are totally right,
GMAT is just a parameter, but it is increase you chances anyway,
My international experience: Bachelor of US University, Working with international teams in Russia.
Thats all ((

For IMD 620 is not the lowest GMAT, at least it wasn't when this data was collected:

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... s/imd.html
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Duke, Cambridge, Said

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 06:34
(([/quote]

For IMD 620 is not the lowest GMAT, at least it wasn't when this data was collected:

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... s/imd.html[/quote]

I believe, expected GMAT score is based on each individual's background. Like in my case being an Indian, Male, engineer, I would be expected a fairly high GMAT score to be competetive in the applicant pool but this might not be true for someone from a different demographic or with some other educational background.

Having said that, I myself am confused as to what would be a comfirtable GMAT score. As to what other factors could help someone make his/her profile stronger in case of a lower GMAT score like my experience in Avionics industry. I am planning to apply to IMD as well but have a low GMAT (640) so want to retake it before applying but that means waiting for June deadline (if not later) .... Dont know whats better - apply early with lower GMAT or late with a higher score (hopefully) .....
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 07:49

mertvye is right - better apply in the 2nd round, because there were already at least 4 applicants from Russia in the first one...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 12:24
Hello Guys,

I'm happy to find out this forum! I'm planning to apply for R2, and very close to click on the "submit" button!!!

My profile: Woman/ 28/ engineering background / 5 yrs experience / GMAT 660
Have been living in France, US, Vietnam
Sales & Business Development for International projects in industrial sector.

Nice to meet you guys!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 15:03
To complete my profile, i got 750 at the GMAT test.
And I advice anyone to apply as early as possible. It also seems that for non European it could be hard to get a Shengen visa in only 2-3 months if they are accepted at R4.
Menehn what is your nationality ?
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 09:54
IMD2012T wrote:
To complete my profile, i got 750 at the GMAT test.
And I advice anyone to apply as early as possible. It also seems that for non European it could be hard to get a Shengen visa in only 2-3 months if they are accepted at R4.
Menehn what is your nationality ?

Wow, your GMAT score is excellent! I'm quite sad about my score, i think that I can do it much better... but want to submit in R2 so have no time to retake it. Btw, thanks for your experience sharing for the interview day !

My nationality is Vietnamese, but I'm applying from France where I'm living now.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 13:02
I don't think GMAT is very important for IMD. A fair score is enough. Professionnal and International Experience are more valuable.
For my GMAT, i followed a 20h Kaplan course online and it went from 610 to 750. For GMAT, studying is key. It s a very logical test. But you need a lot of practice.
I think it s easier to get in as a Vietnamese than as a French.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 13:40
Here is how the interview day went for me :
We were 8.
We started at 8 am by a visit of the campus. I had already visited twice so it was a slow start for me but a good way to get to know the 7 other applicants. At 8h45, we had 30-35 minutes to prepare a 5 mn presentation with slides.
Then, some had their 45 mn interviews. We all gave our presentation around 10h45, one by one. Then we had a follow-up case on the same topic where we had to work all together on a new 5 minutes presentation. Very interesting group dynamic indeed !
At lunch, one alumni from the same nationality and same profile accompanied each of us and we could discuss about their experience. I do not know if this is part of the recruitment but I would not be surprised ! Anyway, it was very interesting to discuss like that. And the food is excellent !! Some students gained 7 kg in 1 year !
Then at 1h45, a professor lead the case we had to prepare and tested us for 2h with group discussions and presentations. Once again it is really well thought to judge each of us.
At 3h45. I had my 45 mn interview. The interviewer asked the usual question Why MBA/IMD/Now. Strenghts and Weaknesses. How I am seen by my colleagues and boss. What I would do after IMD ? Why not INSEAD ? He did not try to push me too much. He seemed supportive.
After that, we all attended a 1h15 lecture of Benoit Leleux, the start-up/entrepreneurship professor. Very interesting for me with my entrepreneur background. Once again, it showed me how much i d like to be part of this group next year.
2 working days have passed. 8 days left before the call or the ding.
Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 14:39
I was on the same interview the lunch (appart from being great) is also a small part since the students that sat with us are then asked to fill in a one page form. What is great is that we wher a group of different individuals there no one was really competeing against each other.
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 23:47
aap2 wrote:
I was on the same interview the lunch (appart from being great) is also a small part since the students that sat with us are then asked to fill in a one page form. What is great is that we wher a group of different individuals there no one was really competeing against each other.

Oh, I didn't know about the evaluation by the host.

How many nationalities (and which) were yesterday? When will you receive your answer?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 23:50
mertvye wrote:
aap2 wrote:

Oh, I didn't know about the evaluation by the host.

How many nationalities (and which) were yesterday? When will you receive your answer?

Thanks!

I was on the Same interview with you mate! Greetings from Athens... (the lunch thing i was told about from an alumni i spoke to yesterday...)
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 00:13
aap2 wrote:

I was on the Same interview with you mate! Greetings from Athens... (the lunch thing i was told about from an alumni i spoke to yesterday...)

Ahhh, I thought you were yesterday ;)
Yeah... I mistook @IMD2012T with @blueman :)
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 10:35
IMD2012T thank you for sharing,
it is really great to read ypur story.
I will wait the news about admision from you !
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 08:49
I have received "the" email that equals a DING.

Congrats to those who passed.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 10:22
Did anyone attend this week's session (on Tuesday, March 22nd)?

Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe (HBS '13)
CEO and co-founder
MBA Admissions Advisors LLC
http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com

Get ready for your Wharton interview: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/wharton-group-interview/
Preparation tips for your Harvard Business School Interview: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/hbs-round-one-interview-invites-october-2014/
Get an immediate assessment of your odds at top MBA programs, try our algorithm for free: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mba-matching-algorithm/

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 01:16
Just had the call.
They offered me a place, and I have 2 weeks for response.
Will be great to learn who's also accepted.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: IMD Applicants 2012 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 04:24
Same here :)
Answer came after 3 days only.
I'm extremely happy and very likely to join.

Profile:
Male, FR, 32
GMAT: 750
GPA: not sure (13.42/20 from French Grande Ecole) - Master's Degree Ind. Engineering.
9yrs of experience in various industries

Admitted to:
- IMD
- kellogg
- LBS
- ESADE

+ Chicago Booth (executive MBA) ==> My employer wants me to do Exec MBA, which is why I applied, though my preference goes to short FT program.

From a financial standpoint, and even career-wise, the exec-MBA makes more sense (and Booth is a great institution), but my heart still leans towards FT...

Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe (HBS '13)
CEO and co-founder
MBA Admissions Advisors LLC
http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com

Get ready for your Wharton interview: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/wharton-group-interview/
Preparation tips for your Harvard Business School Interview: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/hbs-round-one-interview-invites-october-2014/
Get an immediate assessment of your odds at top MBA programs, try our algorithm for free: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mba-matching-algorithm/

Last edited by tohin on 29 Mar 2011, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Re: IMD Applicants 2012   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2011, 04:24