Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Importance of practice tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Importance of practice tests [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 09:57
Hi there! Just wanted to share my experience on how taking practice tests online helped me get a decent score on the GMAT.

With about 3 weeks left for test day, I started attempting practice GMAT sample tests. During the first couple of weeks, I skipped the essays and directly moved on to the main portion of the exam. Even though some common questions popped up in successive exams, I made it a point to note the tricky questions especially in sentence correction and data sufficiency. In this fashion by retaking the practice test many times, not only was I able to time myself and measure my performance against previous attempts (after adjusting for repeated questions) but I also got the much needed practice to tackle questions which are framed (i.e. with similar wording and language style) similar to what appears on test day, This is one very strong advantage that one gets by taking the GMAT practice tests in preference to other sample tests.

Moreover, taking the GMAT exam can be a very tiring experience because a) The test is pretty long b) Your eyes will be strained at some point or the other. As I wasn't feeling well by the last half an hour of the exam, I couldn't carefully analyze all the options. I'm certain that my prior experience with the GMAT style practice tests helped me predict the answers in the English Section by simply associating the question with a similar type as on the practice test. It is especially in this sort of a situation that I feel that my experience with practice tests came in handy.

And yes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating :o
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Importance of practice tests [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 00:00
You’re so awesome! I don’t believe I’ve go through anything prefer that before. Very good to know somebody with original exactly what it this disorder. Really.. many thanks for starting this up.
Intern
Intern

Re: Importance of practice tests [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 00:00
test pactice will give you best gmat score and it helps your overall performance a great deal..there are many best essay writing service reviews offering gmat test assistance for the students with online communities...this gmatclub can help a great deal...
Re: Importance of practice tests   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2014, 00:00