Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [17]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32870 [0]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Re: Exciting Announcement from GMAC: NEW Score Reporting Policy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AbhiJ wrote:
Exciting indeed. Now the candidates would not have to suffer the embarrassment of reporting a sub-par score. This removes the pressure out of equation.

If we cancel the score would the schools able to know that we cancelled a score ?

Hello, Abhij! Your score report will indicate all exams taken within the past five years. If you choose to cancel your score, it will be indicated in the score report. This has always been the policy and does not change. Thanks!

Rebecca
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 627 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GMAT 3: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Wow - totally shocked about this. This GMAT update is AWESOME. Many GMAT test takers around the world are going to be relieved by being able to preview their GMAT scores. This is a change for the better. Kudos!

A.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [3]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Important announcement regarding GMAT score reporting [#permalink]
Kudos

From GMAC:

There’s an exciting new feature to the GMAT® exam that will enhance your test experience. This new feature expands your score reporting options and will be in effect on the date you are scheduled to take your exam. As of June 27, you will now be able to view your unofficial GMAT scores prior to making the decision to accept or cancel them. Viewing your unofficial scores gives you the certainty and control of how your application and GMAT scores are received by schools.

Here’s how it works:

• At the end of your exam, you will be shown your unofficial GMAT section scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning) and your Total score. You will then have two (2) minutes to decide whether to accept or cancel your scores.
  • If you accept, the official score will automatically be sent to the schools that you selected.
  • If you cancel, your test attempt will appear on future score reports with a code of “C” (self-canceled), unless you reinstate your scores within 60 days.
  • If you take no action during the two (2) minute period, your scores will be canceled, just as they are under the current policy.
  • In addition, if you decided to cancel your scores at the test center, you will have the option to reinstate your scores within 60 days from the date of your exam for a fee of USD$100.
  • Detailed instructions and rules for reinstating your scores are available on page 13 of the GMAT Handbook. More information about preparing for the GMAT exam can be found at mba.com.
    Your test experience is important to us. If you have any questions, please contact the customer service center in your region. Refer to page 1 of the GMAT Handbook.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.95
WE:Research (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Important announcement regarding GMAT score reporting [#permalink]
This is great news. Esp for people with re-takes. You can cancel the exam after knowing scores.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I got this via email as well. This is HUGE and is a big game changer. Keep in mind that schools will see "canceled" on the score report and will still know that you have taken the test.

More details are here:
https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/gma ... score.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I just knew about this *after* I took my second GMAT just this past Saturday. I honestly didn't remember how it was before when I was in the test center.

Anyways, I decided to cancel my score because it unfortunately was lower than my first test. What is everyone's opinion about this? I realize the schools will still see the cancellation on the report, but will it do any harm to my application?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
greenious wrote:
I just knew about this *after* I took my second GMAT just this past Saturday. I honestly didn't remember how it was before when I was in the test center.

Anyways, I decided to cancel my score because it unfortunately was lower than my first test. What is everyone's opinion about this? I realize the schools will still see the cancellation on the report, but will it do any harm to my application?

I don't think so. Previously you would had a score there and schools have ignored that. Now they will be ignoring cancellations.
I feel this will result into a greater number of the GMAT tests taken... since people will keep trying to up their score over and over again.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Guys - I was just wondering that even if we cancel it or not, the schools at the end of the day will get to know ALL the previous scores. Right ? So, how it comes as a *big benefit* except that you don't have to report a low score immediately after taking the test or until you get a relatively better score...
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
bagdbmba wrote:
Guys - I was just wondering that even if we cancel it or not, the schools at the end of the day will get to know ALL the previous scores. Right ? So, how it comes as a *big benefit* except that you don't have to report a low score immediately after taking the test or until you get a relatively better score...

Hello, Bagdmba. With the new score policy your score report will NOT contain the cancelled scores. So the schools will not see it. I hope that clarifies it for you!

Rebecca
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Exciting Announcement from GMAC: NEW Score Reporting Policy [#permalink]
Kudos
I wonder if this will really be a game changer for applicants. People will simply cancel scores if they get a sub-par score for their school of choice. Other than that, when they do report an "acceptable" score, the school will see a cancelled score and know that the applicant did not do well on the cancelled exam. Not sure if this will really impact the application (personally, I am inclined towards thinking that there will be no impact as previously they were simply ignoring the scores that the applicants did not want to use in the application).

Now, what would have been a game changer, would be people being able to select schools after seeing their scores! But, I am sure that this is a change that will not be implemented in a hurry! :lol:

Originally posted by gmatbugsme84 on 01 Jul 2014, 21:57.
Last edited by gmatbugsme84 on 04 Jul 2014, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
this is great news indeed.
but then i'd be lying if i say there isn't a part of me thats:
1) wishing i waited all but 2 months before taking my own GMAT for the first time...
2) give an advantage to people who take the test later but still apply in the same year as me.

oh well. life. =)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 596 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
Indeed..A good decision..

My question, from these both statements...

"Also, if you cancel your scores but later decide you want to report them, you have 60 days from your test date to reinstate the scores for a US$100 fee".

"ONCE SCORES CANCELLED IT CAN NOT BE RETRIEVED"

means if we cancel our scores on the test day..then we can retrieve it for 100 dollar with in 60 days from test? M i rite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Hello, Bagdmba. With the new score policy your score report will NOT contain the cancelled scores. So the schools will not see it. I hope that clarifies it for you!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

This is bit confusing for me . In your earlier post you stated that cancelled GMAT scores will be reflected in the official score report with a Cancelled status. And now you are saying that the score report will NOT contain the cancelled scores. Can you please clarify ? If I cancel the test after looking at the unofficial score, will it be reflected in my GMAT score report that is sent to B schools ?

Thanks
Nachiket
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 596 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
NachiketGupta wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

This is bit confusing for me . In your earlier post you stated that cancelled GMAT scores will be reflected in the official score report with a Cancelled status. And now you are saying that the score report will NOT contain the cancelled scores. Can you please clarify ? If I cancel the test after looking at the unofficial score, will it be reflected in my GMAT score report that is sent to B schools ?

Thanks
Nachiket

What actually she means is that ur score report will not show the score.. But, it will show that on any particular day this person went for the exam and "cancelled its score"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Quote:

Rebecca

Quote:
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks
Nachiket

Quote:
What actually she means is that ur score report will not show the score.. But, it will show that on any particular day this person went for the exam and "cancelled its score"

Oh okay !! but what are the merits & demerits of this new policy for the test taker ? I believe now we are going to have qualitative data and NOT quantitative data about our failure on the score report !! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Send PM
Does GMAT keep any record on the scores that were cancelled? Otherwise, the data will only contain "good" scores and the percentile ranking will be seriously affected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Rebecca,

I scored 720 in my first test and tried to challenge 750+ in my second test, but unfortunately, my second score is lower than my first one.Therefore, I choose to cancel the score.
My question is if I don't take the third exam, will the cancellation of my second time exam be shown on the record?
Thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2