Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMPORTANT ISSUE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

IMPORTANT ISSUE [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2005, 03:53
Hey guys,how u all doin
Actually i was thinking over all this like the procedure for slecting candidates for B-schools.Every test has become nowady quite similar to each test but dont you think that they all are forgetting one thing that THEY ARE SELECTING FUTURE MANAGERS,CEOs ETC, so at the end of the day wat matters is how they all will take decisions at work so that the firm can achieve their goals and maximize their profits.So they are not ll required to know how fast they read passage ,what they infer,what is authors assumptoion etc,how to correct a pronoun error etc, i am not saying that one shpuld not possess such qualities but upto some limit , but one must possess good communication skills .
My point is that one should have a basic knowledge of all this and not an indepth analysis.I want to start a college that will have a different test(which i think )WHICH WILL COMPRISE OF - BASIC ENGLISH, A LITTLE MATHS WITH MORE OF GRAPHS BUT MY FOCUS WOULD BE ON QUESTIONS RELATING TO SITUATION(KNOWN AS SITUATION REACTION TEST) IN WHICH THE ABILITY OF DECISION MAKING WILL BE CHECKED.

I JUST WANA TELL THAT WE NEED TO HAVE CHANGE, AS CHANGES ARE NECESARRY FOR GROWTH.WHAT U GUYS SAY?

I want opinion from u all over this. Critics are welcome.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2005, 06:50
Speed reading and understanding, basic English & Maths knowledge, ability to perform within time limit, etc. - all these are required in GMAT and business environment. Personally, although I don't think GMAT is a good indication of a person's managerial capability, I think it does give a sense of the some basic but useful traits that a potential candidate has.

At least until GMAT starts to have have sine and cosine questions....

Anyway, GMAT is only one of the evaluation criteria.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2005, 08:39
I think they use GMAT more to assess a candidate's potential to excel in the academics at the b-school than to assess their leadership potential. Other things on your app - work experience, extracurriculurs, community involvement, interviews, essays - are all there to showcase your management experience and potential.

The GMAT and your transcripts are there to answer a simple question: can you handle the coursework in business school. Since American b-schools have courses given in English, and international candidates apply all the time, (and since many native English speakers struggle with the language as well) the verbal section is there partially to assess your ability to read, write and comprehend in English. The math section is there to evaluate your ability to do well in the highly quantitative courses.

My opinion, anyway.
  [#permalink] 12 Nov 2005, 08:39