Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Improve Quant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Improve Quant [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 05:39
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of stuff on here for the past couple of months. Today, I finally felt the need to shout out to all you legends out there and seek your valuable advice since Ive realised you guys happen to have mastered the art 'beating the GMAT'! Ive taken a few mock tests and happen to score consistently around 28-32 mark on Verbal and 31-42 Mark on Quant. Now 31 on Quant is bad bad. Verbal by no means is impressive either but Quants been eating me from the inside. I've already studied for 3 months and tried the following:

1. OG 12th Edition
2. MGMAT Guides (Didn't try the advanced chapters)
3. MGMAT CAT1:550
4. MGMAT CAT2: 580
5 GMATPrep1: 530
6. GMATPrep2: 610

I have realised I can't finish the questions in time and have to guess on the last few questions in quant. Verbal was the same before but its getting better.

As I said, my main concern is quant. Are there any private tutors out there that can guide me in the right direction. I am a hardworking individual but if left unguided I have a tendency to work ONLY hard and not smart which is bad! So need a mentor I think. Who would you guys recommend (if you would at all). And what else do you think I could do to improve my verbal score. Presently, the marks stand as follows on my last test Q41 V31. This is the first time I got a 41. I would like to be able to score Q47-49 and 35+ on Verbal consistently. e. Just need some guidance from you legends? Help needed please! :)
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
GPA: 3.21
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 326 [1] , given: 683

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Improve Quant [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 10:03
This post received
KUDOS
Abrax99 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of stuff on here for the past couple of months. Today, I finally felt the need to shout out to all you legends out there and seek your valuable advice since Ive realised you guys happen to have mastered the art 'beating the GMAT'! Ive taken a few mock tests and happen to score consistently around 28-32 mark on Verbal and 31-42 Mark on Quant. Now 31 on Quant is bad bad. Verbal by no means is impressive either but Quants been eating me from the inside. I've already studied for 3 months and tried the following:

1. OG 12th Edition
2. MGMAT Guides (Didn't try the advanced chapters)
3. MGMAT CAT1:550
4. MGMAT CAT2: 580
5 GMATPrep1: 530
6. GMATPrep2: 610

I have realised I can't finish the questions in time and have to guess on the last few questions in quant. Verbal was the same before but its getting better.

As I said, my main concern is quant. Are there any private tutors out there that can guide me in the right direction. I am a hardworking individual but if left unguided I have a tendency to work ONLY hard and not smart which is bad! So need a mentor I think. Who would you guys recommend (if you would at all). And what else do you think I could do to improve my verbal score. Presently, the marks stand as follows on my last test Q41 V31. This is the first time I got a 41. I would like to be able to score Q47-49 and 35+ on Verbal consistently. e. Just need some guidance from you legends? Help needed please! :)

Well a private tutor should definitely suite you...Here are some links on what some experts have to say
** how-to-improve-your-quant-from-q44-to-q50-141670.html
*** gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html#p1171779

patterns-among-those-who-scored-750-what-did-they-use-157979.html

Check out what if scenarios as it provides you with good insights to the exam. If your Math score is in 30-40,you defintely need to work on basics.
You may also want to check GMATCLUB math book

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 42

Re: Improve Quant [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 15:17
This post received
KUDOS
I suggest you check the following website , helps a lot in understanding how go do question quickly.

gmatquantum <DOT>com/og13th/

1. Also do GMAT CLUB MATHS book

1) GMATCLUB Quizzes. One can start with 500 level questions initially and move to middle level and subsequently highest level.
2) Jeff sackmann's challenge sets. Soembody who is already scoring around 40 in quant won't require the basic one. The eight challenge sets are divided topic wise and they have mostly 600-700 level questions.So after the end of each topic, for eg geometry, one can make sets of 20-30 questions and do them timed using a timer.
3) For GMAT, the best resource is gmatclub, check out these links again the questions are level and category wise, exactly what we need.

KUDOS >>>>> PLEASE

If you like my post Kudos Please

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 87

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Improve Quant [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2014, 22:49
This post received
KUDOS
Hey abrax,

Why don't you post a screenshot of your Quant review of your latest GMATPrep test. I want to see the error spread.

Regards,

Avik.
Re: Improve Quant   [#permalink] 15 Jun 2014, 22:49