Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Improvement

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Improvement [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2014, 02:37
Today I gave my gmatprep exam2 and feel completely devastated. I was working hard and thought that I would improve my score from the first test which was 570 but instead I landed up on 470. Feeling completely reckless. Can someone provide me with any suggestion on ho to improve //
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: Improvement [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2014, 08:29
Expert's post
It very much depends on what you have been working on/where you are making your mistakes. Veritas Prep quotes John Wooden throughout its books when he says "Don't mistake activity for achievement." This means that you should constantly be gaining lessons from the practice problems that you are doing. There is a big difference between working hard only and working hard and smart.

When you get a question wrong, ask yourself 1) Why was it wrong? 2) Why did I pick it? and 3) Why is the right answer right? Always try to learn lessons from your problems, and after a while you will start to see patterns in your errors. It then becomes much easier to eliminate those errors.

Don't get discouraged!!!

I hope this helps!!!

Brandon
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

If you found this post helpful, please give me kudos!!! :)

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 7

Re: Improvement [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 02:54
nfr007 wrote:
Today I gave my gmatprep exam2 and feel completely devastated. I was working hard and thought that I would improve my score from the first test which was 570 but instead I landed up on 470. Feeling completely reckless. Can someone provide me with any suggestion on ho to improve //

I think you might need someone who has done well on the GMAT to give you personal one to one consultation. I would need to know more about you and your prep before I can help you with any tips for tangible improvements.

Regards,

Paras.

If you found my post helpful give KUDOS!!! Everytime you thank me but don't give Kudos, an Angel dies!

My GMAT Debrief:

I am now providing personalized one to one GMAT coaching over Skype at a nominal fee. Hurry up to get an early bird discount! Send me an IM to know more.

Re: Improvement   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2014, 02:54