Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 05:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Improving Kaplan CAT Quant and PR Quant?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Eternal Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Improving Kaplan CAT Quant and PR Quant? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 07:08
Hey how does one improve their scores here?
:lol:

Ride em cowboy

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 10:30
What kind of a question is that? It's no wonder you're a "director."

Lots of questions with rediculously obvious answers.

How does one improve?

a) Practice

b) Practice

c) Practice

d) writing annoying message-board-filling questions

hmmmm . . . .d?

htown
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8160 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Improving Kaplan CAT Quant and PR Quant? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 11:37
Expert's post
Curly05 wrote:
Hey how does one improve their scores here?
:lol:

Just a few comments :wink:

The titles are assigned based on teh number of messages posted. I came up with them real fast. Anyway, Curly posted enough of his annoying messages to make it to the top :shock:

Welcome to corporate America......
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Improving Kaplan CAT Quant and PR Quant? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 12:18
Seriously - just practice. Then practice some more. And practice more. No offense intended, but the time you spend on this forum could largely be better spent practicing questions. Don't overfocus on difficult questions like those in the math and verbal forums. Work your way up - when you can nail down 20 out of 20 easy questions, move on to medium. When you can get 20 out of 20 medium questions right, move on to hard. But you won't learn hard questions like Kaplan if you're still struggling with medium ones. Almost all of the "hard" GMAT questions I've seen so far can be broken down into easy parts. Time is your worst enemy - practice with time constraints a lot.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 12:37
BB,

I agree with you completely. Obviously, titles can really only be given based on # of posts, and not QUALITY of posts. If this were the case, some directors in this forum might still be interns.
Manager
Manager

ONE BASIC QUESTION ABOUT THIS FORUM? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 12:40
I keep on seeing that people mention about a database of DS questions or PS question. Are these questions in certain defined format or are these the same question appearing in MATH Questions and Intellectual discussions.
If so how does one segregate them into easy, medium and hard questions?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8160 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2003, 13:05
Expert's post
htown wrote:
BB,

I agree with you completely. Obviously, titles can really only be given based on # of posts, and not QUALITY of posts. If this were the case, some directors in this forum might still be interns.

Yep, unfortunately...

the system is automated, but there is nothing I can't do manually though. We can promote Curly to Eternal Intern :lol: for being so smart.

I will see about that.

MOD: now it is more adequate 8-)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2003, 14:45
Hey Curly, I hate to be the only person stupid enough to actually put thought into answering that gem of a question you just asked. However, I just downloaded something from the ETS website that has been fairly helpful to me. They sell old versions of written tests at their official web site. I just paid about 15 dollars for a ten year old test. I figured it would be a good way for me to accurately gauge my score since I remember too many of the OG questions to take my PP score seriously. They have scoring information attached. It will not be completely accurate since percentile rankings are compared with a different pool of test-takers (ones ten years older than yourself), but it might be helpful in preparing you to answer real test questions. Now get some sleep.

Paul

[#permalink] 02 Aug 2003, 14:45