Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V31
GMAT 2: 590 Q32 V38
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
Re: Improving My 500-540 Score To a 600+? (Maintain Fresh Study) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Congrats on getting that first sim test over with! As the commenters have pointed out, all GMAT prep courses offer different ways of teaching. If you did like the adaptive nature of the Economist GMAT Tutor prep course and sign up for a full course, you would be guaranteed an either 50 or 70 point improvement. If you didn't achieve an either 590 or 610 depending on what plan you choose, you would receive a full refund. If you have any question about this, please let me know. I'm always happy to answer!

Regards,

Elizabeth
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update on Results

Hello GmatClub, I took the exam two days ago and scored a 560. I'm not completey sure how I feel about the score and Im going to explain why. But if i had to describe my feeling on it I would use minimally satisfied.

As I've said before I wasnt a business student before and I never took math classes past College Algebra in high school and undergrad because I was simply uninterested (plus a little naive). Considering that the FIRST score I received before I carack even the Foundations Of GMAT Math (remedial book) was a 480. I graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson and my goal then was to go to FDU's business school, in which their average score is like a 530 depending on your gpa and other factors.

So if you would've asked me at that point would I have been satisfied with this test score I would have been VERY happy about it, but something happened after all the events in my first post transpired.

After using The Economist and and taking those practice tests, I started with the Kaplan Premier 2013 book. Immediately after finishing reading and solving all the problems in that book I started the practice tests they give you in your online companion. Suddenly a huge shift came in moy scoring I scored a 620 on my first exam, a 640 on my second exam, a 620 on my third exam.

This sort of raised my expectations, im not sure if Kaplan was pulling some evil prank on me but it worked! My expectations jump and I felt that I WASNT a 500 level scorer. Then I took a practice test 4 days ago (two days before my exam) and I scored a 570 :-(. I figured ok maybe this is my minimum and Im just a little nervous before the test. But It wasnt I went in twso days ago and scored even less a 560, hence why im in the grey area as far as my score. It's enough for the school I want to go to, but those Kaplan practice tests told me 600+ was in my range too.

Maybe its the fact that I've been studying since June? I dont know what it was but I guess it'll do fpr now, I'll wait to hear back from FDU and other schools I applied to (Montclair, Rutgers, Syracuse)

My practice scores from Kaplan are attached.
Attachments

CG2C.jpg
CG2C.jpg [ 74.88 KiB | Viewed 7122 times ]

Intern
Intern
Send PM
practice test 2 & 3
Attachments

untitled2.jpg
untitled2.jpg [ 72.93 KiB | Viewed 7113 times ]

untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg [ 73.03 KiB | Viewed 7117 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
magnum973 wrote:
practice test 2 & 3

Test scores from test prep companies are not indicative of your performance on the real test. only mba.com GMAT prep test scores are indicative of the real test.

I kept delaying my prep becuase I was scoring in the late 600s on MGMAT CATS; I ended up with a 760 on the real thing. GMAT Prep 1 and 2 were 750 and 760 respectively! I think there is no hard limit on a GMAT score, you could keep going; you've got to ask yourself is the score you have or you are aiming for really what you want? And take it from there.

Wish you luck.
GMAT Club Bot