Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
in 1984, almost 2% of humans who were admitted to hospital [#permalink]
07 Jan 2004, 06:59
0% (00:00) correct
0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
in 1984, almost 2% of humans who were admitted to hospital emergency rooms after suffering a scorpion bite in the southwestern united states died from the attack. 10 years later, this figure had jumped to 4%. clearly, the venom of the scorpion has become much more toxic to humans.
which of the following statements, if true, most seriously weakens the above conclusion?
1. the scorpion population in the southwestern united states has remained steady since 1984.
2. there have been few innovations in the treatment of scorpion bites since 1984.
3. mmost people who suffer scorpion bites are unexperienced hikers who are unaware of the best methods to avoid coming in contact with a scorpion.
4. since 1984, people have learned that scorpion bites can be treated in the home as long as they are detected early.
5. people who survive one scorpion bite have a better than average chance of surviving a second bite.