Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 20:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

In a certain wildlife park, park rangers are able to track

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 20

Re: CR: Rhinoceroses (GMATPrep) [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 09:28
sophin wrote:
Anyway, I support E.Because if the answer is NO, the conclusion is weakened.;if the answer is YES,of course the conclusion is supported.No other option leads to the low fertility.

Man, C is the only answer. Think this way:

If there are other reasons (whatever, we don;t care) why those animals are getting immobilized and in those circumstances animals fertility rate comes down, it is very clear that the tranquilizer is the culprit. Otherwise tranquilizer is not the culprit

-------------------------
-Aravind Chembeti

SVP
SVP
Followers: 261

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: In a certain wildlife park, park rangers are able to track [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2013, 23:57
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Operations, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '16, IIMA (M)
GPA: 4
WE: Human Resources (Human Resources)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 47

Re: In a certain wildlife park, park rangers are able to track [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2014, 06:21
GOOD QUESTION!!!!! WE NEED TO FIND ASSUMPTION FIRST......
conclusion- some substance in the tranquilizer inhibits fertility.
premise[/color] - Putting a collar on a rhinoceros involves immobilizing the animal by shooting it with a tranquilizer dart.
- Female rhinoceroses that have been frequently recollared have significantly lower fertility rates than uncollared females.

[color=#ed1c24]ASSUMPTION
- SINCE RECOLLARED FEMALE RHINOS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY LOW INFERTILITY RATES WHILE OTHER FEMALES DON'T AND SOME SUBSTANCE IN THE TRANQUILIZER INHIBITS INFERTILITY..........THE BALANCE FEMALE RHINOS WERE NOT SUBJECT TO THIS TRANQUILIZER FOR OTHER REASONS AND HENCE THEY ARE FREE FROM ITS CHEMICALS WHICH EFFECT FERTILITY......AND HENCE some substance in the tranquilizer ONLY inhibits fertility
[/color]
WE THEREFORE NEED TO FIND IF THE BALANCE ALSO DUE TO OTHER REASONS WERE TRANQUILIZED........
CORRECT ANS " C"......
C. How often park rangers need to use tranquilizer darts to immobilize rhinoceroses for reasons other than attaching radio collars ------

KUDOS IF YOU PLEASE........
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT Date: 08-14-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 29

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: In a certain wildlife park, park rangers are able to track [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 09:05
Hi in gmat prep i see the options have changed:

the correct answer option is :
Any stress that female rhino may suffer as a result of being immobilized and handled has little or no effect on its fertility

Can someone pls explain!
Re: In a certain wildlife park, park rangers are able to track   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2014, 09:05