Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 21:34
On a practice test, that's good right? However I missed 10 problems how is that possible?
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 497 [1] , given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 21:57
This post received
KUDOS
The secret is, " You can get even a Quant 50, with 10 wrong ones". :)

Its quite simple if the test asks you every question of 700 bar & you get 10 wrong, you can still be able to get Q 50. Makes sense?? I was in your shoes a month ago, but when I started the CATs, I realised that the # of wrong questions doesn't matter in Q section of gmat. Forexample, I saw a 48 in Q section in one of my MGMAT CATs, & I got 14 wrong. While going through the analysis, I saw the majority of the questions of above 700 range.

Hope it clarifies.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9428 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 22:27
Expert's post
You can actually get Q50 with 10 wrong :)

See this thread for more experiments with GMATPrep un-scientific-analysis-of-gmatprep-64970.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49 [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2010, 19:22
This shocked me too, during the test I thought I ran out of time, and guessed the last 7 questions on the official GMAT test program. I still got a 49! As long as you don't skip the last questions, I guess they don't penalize you too much. Maybe I just got lucky, but I"m glad to see it happen to someone else and it wasn't a fluke.

If you liked my post, please consider thanking me with Kudos! I really appreciate it! :)

Re: In the quantitative section I got a scaled score of a 49   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2010, 19:22