Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 152
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
inconsistent results [#permalink]
quixx23 , I too gave the veritas prep sample, and scored a 700. I got 14 questions in Quant wrong of medium difficulty level. From My exp with gmat and other prep CATs. I thought i should have been rated at 45-47, but i received a 48 !!

But the most surprising was my verbal score, I completed the whole section really quickly, and did not face any challenging CR or SC (All sub 600) , RC on the other hand was tough initially. I was surprised to see a 38! I dont think the questions i answered were more that 620 level. I should have got somewhere around 26-28.

By the end of the test , I was expecting a 620 at best. I got a 700 to my surprise.

If possible look into my test score and questions and provide an opinion : "vpranavanshu" or vpranavanshu@gmail.com

VeritasPrepBrian VeritasPrepRon VeritasPrepKarishma can you please help ?

Thanks
Pranav

quixx23 wrote:
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi there,

I also did the same mistake as you of buying Veritas CAT's and wasted 49$, I think there scoring algorithm is really screwed and is easily the worst as compared to other CAT's I got a score of Q50 with 20 correct and 16 incorrect and 1 unanswered on CAT 4(really think that we can't get Q50 so easlily in actual test :lol: ).

Thanks
AK

Hi everyone,

I wanted to jump in here to clarify one thing: Please be careful about judging your performance on a computer-adaptive test by counting the number of questions you go right or wrong. A truly adaptive test (which ours is) should quickly be able to zero in on your true ability level, and give you questions that are appropriately challenging for you at that level. If you take a CAT and find that you got most questions right, then the test wasn't giving you hard enough questions, either because the test didn't have hard enough questions for you, or because the adaptive engine (which picks which questions to give you) wasn't working correctly.

Our question bank contains thousands of questions across a range of ability levels, meaning that even the most advanced student will see a lot of questions that are very challenging for him. The result is that someone can get many questions wrong, but the test still correctly pegs them at a high ability level.

Having said that, I would like to look into each of your tests to make extra sure that everything worked as it should. Can each of you please PM me the email address you used to take our tests?

Thank you!
Scott
GMAT Club Bot
inconsistent results [#permalink]