Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Nov 2014, 13:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Increase Verbal Help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Increase Verbal Help [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 07:45
First off, I am a Native English speaker. I wrote the GMAT and scored a V25! yup 25. Scored a 6.0 on writing. My timing was fine and I didn't find the verbal section overly difficult compared to my study material, which were the OG's 11-12-13, OG Review, MGMT, Princton and Third Party source....etc...

My verbal scores before the exam were 35+ on GPREP's, MGMT's

I may have exhausted all the verbal material before the exam giving me a higher scores cause I knew the answer.

I been studying for the past year and I understand the SC concepts and CR concepts much better now then ever before.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can improve? 25 is very low and it sucks cause I've been studying for a while for this and it's not paying off....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1180

Kudos [?]: 5603 [0], given: 166

Re: Increase Verbal Help [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 08:10
Expert's post
dchow23 wrote:
First off, I am a Native English speaker. I wrote the GMAT and scored a V25! yup 25. Scored a 6.0 on writing. My timing was fine and I didn't find the verbal section overly difficult compared to my study material, which were the OG's 11-12-13, OG Review, MGMT, Princton and Third Party source....etc...

My verbal scores before the exam were 35+ on GPREP's, MGMT's

I may have exhausted all the verbal material before the exam giving me a higher scores cause I knew the answer.

I been studying for the past year and I understand the SC concepts and CR concepts much better now then ever before.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can improve? 25 is very low and it sucks cause I've been studying for a while for this and it's not paying off....

It is surprising. I don't think off-hand, generic advice will help you much since your situation is not very common. You might want to consider signing up for a few private tutoring hours. An expert needs to sit down with you and figure out the problem. Only then can he suggest a solution.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 252 [0], given: 12

Re: Increase Verbal Help [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 01:24
Expert's post
Well, my first guess is a timing problem. How was your timing on the real test as compared to the practice CATs?

My next guess is sheer exhaustion. When you took your practice CATs, did you do the essay & IR? Many students underperform on verbal because they're not used to being in that seat for 4 hours, and they have a hard time focusing by the end.

Beyond that, there may be some holes in your verbal approach that need to be patched up. If you PM me your name/email, I can look at your MGMAT tests through our teachers' site. (Of course, don't post your personal info here.)

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Increase Verbal Help   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2012, 01:24