Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Send PM
Re: India Hyderabad Coaching class or E-gmat [#permalink]
Kudos
ashut2707 wrote:
Hello Friends,

I am a re taker. I've got 640 in GMAT last time (Oct 2010), QA 49, VA 28, AWA 5.5, I am very weak in VA and looking for some expert help for the same.

I am starting with my GMAT prep in India Hyderabad, I request you help me in identifying the importance of a coaching class?
I am confused regarding joining e-gmat 'verbal live session course' as it 300$+, and at the same time joining any institute such as Princeton Review or Manhattan Review(In India) would be equally expensive.

Will you be able to help me that which one should I go for E-gmat live session or Princeton Review?

Also Please tell me that would it be good if one goes only for e-gmat 'SC + CR + Grockit' @ 129US$, rather than going for Verbal Live Complete ($329). In this way I can also join a coaching and E-gmat129$ course.

Help Needed

Regards,
ASH

Below is my Profile:

Gmat - 640 (Q - 49, V - 27, AWA - 5)

I am an Indian Male, working as a Project Leader in IT Company and by Jan 2012 I will have a total experience of 64 Months in IT industry.

Work Experience - My experience includes 11 Months of international experience(Saudi Arabia) . Type of work is software development, technology consulting centered at business i.e. IT strategy, IT Product implementation.

Current Employer: Mahindra Stayam
Previous Employer: 3 i Infotech
Previous Employer: TATA Consultancy Services

Undergrad Grad - Bachelor of Engineering ( Electronic and Communication) with 72.9% (3.65 GPA).

Work Achievements:

1. Got GREAT TEAM CARD from Client for an extremely successful release of Targets First Grocery Distribution Center. This complete application was designed and developed and tested by me and my Project Lead.
2. Continuously Rated 4 in my organization (Rating 4 can be given only to maximum of 20% top performers in the team).
3. I Completed IBM DB2 UDB 700 certifications with 98 percent.
4. I Completed IBM NCFM certification with 94 percent.
5. Rated as High Performer by HR Team in Chennai.
6. Leading a team of 10 people.

At work Place:
1. I was one of the most active participants of PATHSHALA initiative – An initiative of TCS Chennai to educate poor children.
2. I was among the organizers of RTSC studio - A platform to share movies with associates.
3. I was the Lead of Canteen Committee.
4. I am active member of MAITREE – This is Part of TCS dedicated to CSR Activities.

Other than work Achievements:
Worked for a Network marketing with a thought of utilizing my weekends, created a team of Size 300 and earned a considerable amount of money.

Extra curricular activities - Active during school participated in various debate and extempore competitions and won prizes. Part of 2-3 clubs and organized multiple events in my organisation.

Aspiring to move towards business development (IT). Would like to pursue MBA in IT management/Service Marketing (IT).

Hi Ashu,

Nice to know that you are from Mahindra Satyam. I was also a part of its parent company Tech Mahindra (NOIDA).
Now regarding GMAT. First of all your quant score is good and you only need improvement in verbal. I have seen your verbal score of 28. If you aim for 38, then i think you can achieve it and your score will be 700+.

I have tried all the institutes in India. I tried Jamboree in Delhi, IMS in chandigarh etc. Trust me that won't teach you anything. They will all give you bunch of papers in your hand without telling you anything and you will waste both your time and money.

IMS is ridiculous in chandigarh. It might be good in CAT (india) but not in GMAT.

Second, the most important thing, these days GMAT verbal pattern is changed. For SC its focus is on meaning now.

E-GMAT approach is fantastic. It will make you think on meaning first and then grammar, and this is the right approach for SC. How can you correct the error if you don't know the meaning.

I enrolled in E-GMAT in December, and now i see a lot of improvement in SC and CR. CR is taking time, but i know i can crack the deal.

E-GMAT's concept files are very good and trust me it will help you a lot.

MGMAT is good, but it is expensive especially for me. I am not rich enough to enrol in MGMAT.

I would recommend E-GMAT. Go for it.

Thanks & Regards
Vinni
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Ashu,

I'm Mahesh from Hyderabad. I was in a similar situation few months ago. I scored 620 (Q48, V 27) in my 3rd attempt of GMAT in July 2011 and could improve my score to 700 (Q49, V 36) in my final attempt in Nov 2011. I was struggling with my verbal score and E-GMAT course was really helpful in improving my verbal score by 9 points with just few weeks of preparation.

I started with the SC course of E-GMAT and then puchased CR course as i saw improvement in my score in practise tests.

I took my GMAT classes from Manhattan Review (Himayatnagar) and the classes are decent enough to start the preparation. If you need a tutor's help to identify your weak areas and improvise on them , then i recommend joining a coaching institute, preferrably Manhattan Review (this suggestion is based on my personal experience).

You can buy SC module of E-GMAT to start with and then upgrade to other modules as you see them fit your need. As the SC module costs about $50, you can also enroll with a coaching center and take advantage of both. If you follow the instructions of e-gmat course and structure your preparation then you can definitely improve your score. I could improve my score from 560 to 700 and so can you.

Thanks & regards,
Mahesh
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your prompt replies :-D . Now I've little more clarity regarding my GMAT prep plan. Now I will be more active on this thread and will keep discussing my prep progress :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I would recommend banking on MGMAT strategy guides rather than classes. I really will not help you much... as it did not help me much. Best is to refer to their guides, which are fantastic and bank on your own study plan. materials are substantial in the strategy guides so you would be well settled.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it will be helpful for the learning students.
GMAT Club Bot