Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores [#permalink]
Kudos
ricky2419 wrote:
Hi,

I have heard that S.P Jain Global MBA(Dubai - Singapore ) is also a very good option.
Is it true? Can anyone share some additional information about this course?

Thanks

There is a loads of information on nethttps://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/19365-ask-sp-jain-dubai-singapore.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
Can anyone pls reply if SPJain 2yr PGDM, SPJain Dubai/Sing programs and XLRI 1 yr GMP programs have essay+reco requirements(when applying with GMAT)..? If not, do they have GD+PI or only PI..?

Thanks..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great post bigoyal....as usual

Can you please tell me good colleges which accepts Indian nationals with exp of 2-3 years....
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
neha04 wrote:
Great post bigoyal....as usual

Can you please tell me good colleges which accepts Indian nationals with exp of 2-3 years....

For 2-3 yrs exp, through GMAT, I guess its only ISB. Though isb has an avg class exp of 5 yrs. I've heard they usually prefer a person with 4-5 yrs or higher exp. If you have 2-3 yrs of exp you'll have to justify yourself with a good answer to "why mba now?"

Otherwise you can prepare for CAT and apply in IIMs, XLRI etc. All these 2 yrs MBA programs are targeted towards freshers. A good exp of 2-3 yrs will give you an edge over other candidates during admission process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OK.....
bt i wanna go fr GMAT only....dn wanna give CAT or smthng else.....

can you please suggest me hw cn i make my application stronger fr ISB
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
neha04 wrote:
OK.....
can you please suggest me hw cn i make my application stronger fr ISB

Had I knew this, I would have implemented it first on myself :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM) , Chennai is a good option as well. I think you should this to the main list, as this is a very good option for 1year MBAs. Its not known much, as it doesnt come in the rankings as yet. Nevertheless, its only a matter of time before it starts appearing in rankings. From what I know, placements have been good and they have a huge new campus in the outskirts of Chennai.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
rajivn wrote:
Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM) , Chennai is a good option as well. I think you should this to the main list, as this is a very good option for 1year MBAs. Its not known much, as it doesnt come in the rankings as yet. Nevertheless, its only a matter of time before it starts appearing in rankings. From what I know, placements have been good and they have a huge new campus in the outskirts of Chennai.

Thanks a lot rajivn. I have added the details for Great Lakes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1007 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
It would be great if you could include the GMAT test code for the respective schools in this list.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
vscid wrote:
It would be great if you could include the GMAT test code for the respective schools in this list.

Before my GMAT test I had noted down the GMAT Test Codes to whom I wanted to send my scores, but at the exam center I discovered that one cannot take the codes with himself. One can easily select the program name during the exams rather then relying on the codes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi Bigoyal

I have few queries if you can help please.
I have 5.5 years of exp in IT and for last 3.5 years i am working onsite, good career progression. I am targetting ISB, IIM and SP jain for executive full time programms .
Going to give my GMAT in June end 2010.

1. Does international experience of 3.5 years with good career progression and awards for good work will add any edge to my application ?
2. Will it be too late for me to apply for these colleges as i am giving exam in June considering i want to apply for 201-2011 batch.

Thanks,
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
chauhan2011 wrote:
Hi Bigoyal

I have few queries if you can help please.
I have 5.5 years of exp in IT and for last 3.5 years i am working onsite, good career progression. I am targetting ISB, IIM and SP jain for executive full time programms .
Going to give my GMAT in June end 2010.

1. Does international experience of 3.5 years with good career progression and awards for good work will add any edge to my application ?
2. Will it be too late for me to apply for these colleges as i am giving exam in June considering i want to apply for 201-2011 batch.

Thanks,

Hi chauhan,
I'll try to answer your questions.
1. International exp does add weightage to your application, provided you highlight it correctly, I mean you highlight your learnings and the unique value you can add to the class. Awards are always good.
2. You'll need around 1 month for completing your application. I think june should be fine.

I may not be the right person to answer these questions, you may like to seek feedback from an expert. I'm also an aspirant like you :)

All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
that's great.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General
Schools:ISB, Great Lakes, XLRI, IIMs
Send PM
Does anyone knows how much was average CTC for Great Lakes last year...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
sushantprakhar wrote:
Does anyone knows how much was average CTC for Great Lakes last year...

The Average CTC for the last 3 years has been hovering between 8-10L. Excluding the superstar domestic and overseas placements here and just talking about averages. 2006 was much lower, though.

But don't use this data to blindly extrapolate it for your profile. A lot of what you can get after graduation will depend on what you've been doing earlier and the skills you bring to the table (this applies for career changers as well).

See how much of your capabilities are transferrable. Recruiters would judge your potential based on this and a whole lot of other parameters.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I found this link for all admission queries related to Great lakes Institute of Management.

https://www.pagalguy.com/forum/internati ... class.html

The Highest CTC is 24 Lacks and average is 9 something.

My Blog
https://nemidor.blogspot.com/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
'Learn or Perish' is the mantra by which Indian B schools can survive the threat from the entry of foreign B schools. Today many Indian B schools are focusing their attention on beautiful campuses, tie ups with reputed foreign universities, International placements, World Class Faculties and by taking in experienced bunch of students.

MBA education is not only about learning from books and gargantuan salary packages but it's also about understanding the ground realities and coming up with workable solutions for everyday problems at a small cost. Sadly very few schools around the world are focusing on this aspect and instead every one is busy building their animate strengths like building campuses rather than inanimate strengths like intellectual know hows on the troubles our country is facing.

For e.g MBA students from Harvard are working in small villages in India to understand the problem the people in lower strata of society are facing and many of them have in fact started companies that have introduced innovative products in the market at a low price.

On the other hand in India 'Yes Bank' recently conducted a competition for B school students where they had to come up with a solution for a case study that focussed on financial inclusion for the weaker sections of the society. The prizes too were attractive, 50K and a Pre Placement Interview offer with an excellent salary package at stake.

My Blog
https://nemidor.blogspot.com/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4