Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indian - Help with US co-signer

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Indian - Help with US co-signer [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 19:16
Hi,

I am an Indian student planning to apply to Columbia in the coming round. I am worried about the fact that CBS does not offer non-US co-signer loans to international students. I did look up GSLC, but they also do not cover India.

I have a couple of questions for the forum:

1. What are the options that I have? Are there any organizations that will help?
2. CBS specifically asks for financing in its application. Does not having firm financing affect my chances of getting in?

Help will be really appreciated.

Thanks a ton,
R
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Indian - Help with US co-signer [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 02:01
Hi R,

I work in the Marketing Team at Prodigy Finance, and I'm happy to announce that Columbia Business School now works with our company to provide competitively priced loans for international students, with no co-signer, collateral, or guarantees required. The programme is a pilot one with limited funds, but if successful, will be expanding in future years. I know this reply comes rather late, but hopefully it will help other students/applicants in your shoes!

Here are some more basic details about our programme:

Prodigy Finance offers international students like you a new way to finance your MBA. We work closely with the university to design loan programmes tailored to what international students need. The loans are funded by a community of alumni investors, who were once in your shoes themselves, and by other investors who wish to support higher education.

Why choose Prodigy?
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral, guarantees, or co-signers required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
- Excellent customer service

What business schools are covered?
Currently, we have programmes at Cambridge Judge Business School, Cass Business School, Columbia Business School, Cranfield School of Management, ESMT, INSEAD, London Business School, Manchester Business School, Oxford Saïd Business School, and Vlerick Business School. However, we are adding new programmes all the time, so interested student borrowers should consult our website for the most recent list.

Cheers,
Charlie & The Prodigy Finance team
Re: Indian - Help with US co-signer   [#permalink] 12 May 2014, 02:01