Hi, I am a 25 year old IT professional working in a Forbes 500 MNC located at Calcutta, India.
I have completed my bachelors in Computer Engineering from Rajasthan Technical University (RTU, India) with 61% (I know it’s very low and I don’t know how to convert it into GPA).
My Work Experience:
After my engineering, I have worked as a freelancer in my city and successfully designed logos for 4 of the local firms. As that was not my destination I started searching for a job and landed into a top MNC as a software engineer.
I have 3 Years & 3 Months Full time experience in MNC (by the time of course commencement, my total experience will be around 4 years). I am working as a software developer for a client which is largest pharmacy chain in US, handling its retail chain software. My work is to perform all the tasks from requirement gathering from Client, analysis to development of software, testing and its successful delivery. I handle a team of 10 at offshore location and mentor the new joiners in the account (successfully trained 6 members in last 1 year). I have recently been promoted to the next level in the organisation. I would like to mention that I was the junior most member with the highest rating to be promoted in my account. I am not from a business family but still have a passion to start my own organisation. Yes, I have some ideas but i am not sure whether I have all the required knowledge to indulge in it and make it a successful venture.
At current organization:
• Served as a Batch Representative for a batch of 30 members in Academy.
• Came out as the most active and most innovative batch among other 22 batches during training.
• Created “interactive e-learning” tool to provide functional knowledge to new joiners reducing senior’s time to minimal for KT sessions.
• 40 functional diagrams of most highly complex service within few days helped client getting insight of the software.
• Lead offshore team of 6 members at offshore for various projects.
• Took initiative to help client to set-up the technology testing lab at Calcutta offshore location.
• Worked on various Request for Proposals with senior team.
• Provided 50 innovative ideas within account to increase the member’s productivity.
• Worked on innovation tool to generate reports, saved thousands of dollars of work for client.
• Took care of the cognizant process related activities within the account for tasks and project related activities of 100+ members keeping the project compliance high in Project Management Tool.
• Held KT sessions at account level for training new resources giving information regarding technology and functionality of the tool.
• Maintained all the project trackers for complete account located at Calcutta & Chennai.
• Active member of Outreach Community at Cognizant (a non-profit organization for the welfare and learning of government school children).
• Active member of green-brigade, a non-profit community for taking initiatives for the green environment.
• Helped client understanding the complex overall functionality by creating a tool which was highly appreciated by top management of client and my organization.
• Participated and won in various cultural events at inter college level.
• Volunteered as a teacher to teach underprivileged children at a city based school
• Winner of various events at school level.
• Hobbies: Learning Management Techniques, Youth Mentoring, Singing and listening music, Designing and Painting, Family & Friends.
• Served as a Chief-Coordinator for a National Level Tech Fest at our College period of 2008-2010.
• Volunteered as a teacher to teach computers to the children from class III-VI at the national level Teach India campaign by Times of India.
• Volunteered at temples to prepare food for the homeless. (2009-2010)
• Passionate about travel.
I have Successfully created and implemented a student-faculty portal (based on HTML, PHP) for the College where I was graduated from. Created logos for 4 of the firms on Photoshop and coral draw and planned for management education being in home town.
The major reason to do MBA is to change my current stream from technological work to the management and consulting. An at this point, I feel that it would take me a very long time to reach to a position which will let me do the management work and handling a larger crowd. And I think I am ready for a next challenging position but only MBA can serve the stream change and the position I want. My short term goal is to be at a reputed position in a top consulting firm. And my long term goal is to start my own organization. I believe an MBA would let me achieve and get me knowledge of what I wanted to.
I have not taken GMAT yet. I Will be applying this fall.
I would appreciate all the help and feedback in can get on my profile. Please tell me how realistic my goals are and are they achievable?
KUDOS please!! If it helped.
Visit My Blog