Appreciate your time and response.
Im a 27yrs old Indian male working in San Diego.
1) I work as an Electrical Application Engineer (Technical Marketing) in a semiconductore industry (4 years of work experience)
As part of my job I travel to customer sites to promote products, I have been promoted twice in these four years. Due to the combination of my technical and people skills my company has made me responsible for a major customer.
2) My GMAT story is disappointing and I dont think it depicts my abilities , but I hope I can get into one of my desired programs
1st attempt I scored 540 AWA 6.0 IR 5
2nd attempt 640 (Q44 V35) awaiting AWA and IR
3) UG : Anna University - India BS in Electical Engineering - GPA 4.0 (Graduation year 2007)
MS : University of South Florida - MS in Electircal Engineering - GPA 3.7 (Graduation year 2009)
4) During my masters I did thesis option and have two publications to my credit in major conferences in my filed. I have reseach and teaching experience.
I have obtained numerous awards from my present employeer for leadership qualities that I showed in my current job.
5) Im trageting UCLA and UC Berkeley part time MBA
6) Im planning to apply in R1 2013 - 20014
7) After MBA I want to stay in the technology field and move into marketing/business development role - in which I can leverage my technical skills. Long term I want to start a company of my own one day.
Given that you are applying to the PT programs at UCLA and Haas, you have a shot, but they are both stretches. Please consider USC and UCI also.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog