Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indian male - Engineering Background - THANKS !!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Indian male - Engineering Background - THANKS !! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2013, 17:25
Hi,

Appreciate your time and response.

Im a 27yrs old Indian male working in San Diego.

1) I work as an Electrical Application Engineer (Technical Marketing) in a semiconductore industry (4 years of work experience)
As part of my job I travel to customer sites to promote products, I have been promoted twice in these four years. Due to the combination of my technical and people skills my company has made me responsible for a major customer.

2) My GMAT story is disappointing and I dont think it depicts my abilities , but I hope I can get into one of my desired programs
1st attempt I scored 540 AWA 6.0 IR 5
2nd attempt 640 (Q44 V35) awaiting AWA and IR

3) UG : Anna University - India BS in Electical Engineering - GPA 4.0 (Graduation year 2007)
MS : University of South Florida - MS in Electircal Engineering - GPA 3.7 (Graduation year 2009)

4) During my masters I did thesis option and have two publications to my credit in major conferences in my filed. I have reseach and teaching experience.
I have obtained numerous awards from my present employeer for leadership qualities that I showed in my current job.

5) Im trageting UCLA and UC Berkeley part time MBA

6) Im planning to apply in R1 2013 - 20014

7) After MBA I want to stay in the technology field and move into marketing/business development role - in which I can leverage my technical skills. Long term I want to start a company of my own one day.

-Thanks,
Siva
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [1] , given: 64

Re: Indian male - Engineering Background - THANKS !! [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 18:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
shivas86 wrote:
Hi,

Appreciate your time and response.

Im a 27yrs old Indian male working in San Diego.

1) I work as an Electrical Application Engineer (Technical Marketing) in a semiconductore industry (4 years of work experience)
As part of my job I travel to customer sites to promote products, I have been promoted twice in these four years. Due to the combination of my technical and people skills my company has made me responsible for a major customer.

2) My GMAT story is disappointing and I dont think it depicts my abilities , but I hope I can get into one of my desired programs
1st attempt I scored 540 AWA 6.0 IR 5
2nd attempt 640 (Q44 V35) awaiting AWA and IR

3) UG : Anna University - India BS in Electical Engineering - GPA 4.0 (Graduation year 2007)
MS : University of South Florida - MS in Electircal Engineering - GPA 3.7 (Graduation year 2009)

4) During my masters I did thesis option and have two publications to my credit in major conferences in my filed. I have reseach and teaching experience.
I have obtained numerous awards from my present employeer for leadership qualities that I showed in my current job.

5) Im trageting UCLA and UC Berkeley part time MBA

6) Im planning to apply in R1 2013 - 20014

7) After MBA I want to stay in the technology field and move into marketing/business development role - in which I can leverage my technical skills. Long term I want to start a company of my own one day.

-Thanks,
Siva

Siva,

Given that you are applying to the PT programs at UCLA and Haas, you have a shot, but they are both stretches. Please consider USC and UCI also.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Indian male - Engineering Background - THANKS !! [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 15:41
Thanks Linda, I'm confident that i will get great recommendation from my company. I'm planning to apply to UCLA, Haas, USC and W.P Carey.

-Thanks,
Siva
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 64

Re: Indian male - Engineering Background - THANKS !! [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 00:01
Expert's post
shivas86 wrote:
Thanks Linda, I'm confident that i will get great recommendation from my company. I'm planning to apply to UCLA, Haas, USC and W.P Carey.

-Thanks,
Siva

Siva,

You're welcome. Sounds good.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog