1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
4 years experience in the manufacturing industry in positions ranging from core operations to project management to strategy formulation. Currently I am in the MIS and operations analytics group managing operations and logistics in 8 manufacturing units across India
2) Your GMAT : 770 Q50 V44
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
College : Veer Surendra Sai Intstitute of Technology, Burla, India
Year and Degree : 2009, Bachelors in Technology, Electrical Engineering
GPA : 8.04/10 I am not sure how to convert it into the 4.0 scale but I was in the top 15% of the class
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Post college :
Was the founding member of a Rotary club at Rourkela, India. Served as the secretary of the club for 8 months before I was transferred out of Rourkela in April'12. Have not been able to get back in Rotary till now
Was the secretary of the Electrical Engineers Club as well as an active participant of the Robotics Club.
Initated a Social service group name Green UCE for educating children and providing vocational training to the enemployed youth in a nearby slum. UCE being the former name of my college
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6 Sigma auditing
6) Your target programs.
Full time MBA Programs at MIT Sloan, Booth, Haas, Tepper and Ross. Please suggest any other programs
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 and R2 2013-14 for the fall 14 session
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Strategy Consulting with a focus on operations research and entrepreneurship
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.