Thanks a lot for your Free MBA Profile evaluation. Need your help to evaluate my profile below.
A Brief about my Qualifications and Work Experience
1. Qualified accountant from India ( CMA India - Cost And Management Accountants Institute/ICWAI)
2. Total work ex 8 years in the finance and accounting domain.
3. Started as an articled clerk in an accounting firm - to accounts officer- finance manager - Country CFO in a reputed MNC now. I am currently based out East Africa. Its been an year in Africa.
4. GMAT score 620(Q 42,V 33).
5. Secured an All India rank in my Final exam of my accounting qualification.
Need your help regarding the below.
1. Target schools in US,UK. Looking for Finance specialisation to make the shift to IB/Hedge Funds/PE.
2. I plan to apply in Round 2 - 2013/2014. The deadlines are in the first week of Jan.
3.Do you suggest that I retake the GMAT.( This is my second attempt) Or focus on my essays and applications and apply on the basis of 620.
Thanks a lot in advance.
If you want to work in IB/Hedge Funds/PE in the U.S., you need to increase your GMAT score and ideally get it over 700, but at least into the high 600s.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog