A Brief about my Qualifications and Work Experience
1. Qualified accountant from India ( CMA India - Cost And Management Accountants Institute/ICWAI)
2. Total work ex 8 years in the finance and accounting domain.
3. Started as an articled clerk in an accounting firm - to accounts officer- finance manager - Country CFO in a reputed MNC now. I am currently based out East Africa. Its been an year in Africa.
4. GMAT score 620(Q 42,V 33).
5. Secured an All India rank in my Final exam of my accounting qualification.
Need your help regarding the below.
1. Target schools in US,UK. Looking for Finance specialisation to make the shift to IB/Hedge Funds/PE.
2. I plan to apply in Round 2 - 2013/2014. The deadlines are in the first week of Jan.
3.Do you suggest that I retake the GMAT.( This is my second attempt) Or focus on my essays and applications and apply on the basis of 620.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Thanks for writing dude. First of all, I definitely DO suggest you retake a GMAT, not ONLY to get into the right MBA program which would allow you to rejoin a PE/IB job, but also because these firms look at your GMAT (and they are looking for a 700+) when they hire. With a 620, things are gonna be tough.
For the rest of your profile, it's hard to say because you didn't write in so much detail. Two excellent things I see though: 1. You moved up really fast 2. You worked out of India. Both of these will help you a LOT. Feel free to write more and I can give you some deeper feedback,
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!