Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indian MBA applicatnts in USA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Indian MBA applicatnts in USA [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2006, 10:19
My question is for the Indian Citizens who are in USA and are applying / have applied for the various MBA programs. I wanted to know whether you also had any similar experience realted to transcripts while applying.

NYU Stern requires the transcripts from your colleges in India to be attested at the local Indian embassy. When I contacted the embassy they said that the documents have to be attested by the Consular Section of the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.

Being in USA it will be tough to send the documents back to India and then get it over here in time.

Did anybody face a similar situation. If so, what did you do? Any advice is appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 21:53
Talk to the admissions office and ask if they will accept a locally notrized copy. Most schools do.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

is that right ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2006, 07:05
Hey Scorpioguy,

Is this unique to the FT program or are you talkin abt the PT program? I am in the process of applying to Langone. Will this affect me too ? Did you try talking to the AdCom and explain the difficulty to them ?

This truly doesnt make sense, firstly its hard to get in touch with the registrar of your UG school when you are so far away and have been out of touch for 5-6 years. To make things worse, they need the embassy to stamp it too? Does this apply to transcripts that are directly from the UG university and are sealed and signed across the flap? If yes, whats the point in sealing the envelope if the embassy will open it again?

Me Confused !!!!!
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2006, 14:45
Duttsit and Sunandan

I had talked to the adcomm at NYU and they said that they need the docs attested from the embassy.

I am not sure but I guess only the embassy guy in Chicago is telling me about this problem with the transcipts. I just moved to KY and this place comes under Washington. So I am going to send it to DC and try to see if I can get the transcripts.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2006, 08:11
Strangely enough, I didnt run into this situation with Stern. I guess scorpioguy's was a one off case.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 10:41
From what I see on Stern's website, if one can't get official transcript from UG school ( sealed envelop ), then they have an alternative to get it attested from embassy. If you are able to get transcripts from school, I don't think you have to get embassy attestation.

http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/lang ... ranscripts

http://gmatstuff.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Another question on transcripts [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 22:04
Hi,

Does the sealed envelope of transcripts have to include the individiual university's transcripts request form too? Does this mean we have to request for transcripts for each school separately?
Another question on transcripts   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2006, 22:04