Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indian Non - IT Male (700 GMAT)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 10

Indian Non - IT Male (700 GMAT) [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2012, 09:05
Hi Stacey,

Below is my brief profile:

Nationality: Indian

Undergrad: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (2008 batch), CGPA: 6.5 / 10 (relative grading, still not particularly good)
FRM (both levels)
Passed CFA Level - 1

GMAT: 700 (Q50, V34) and AWA: 4.5
Work ex 1: Marketing analytics KPO (2 years)
Work ex 2: Financial Management, Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory (Process Consulting) with KPMG Management Consulting
International work ex: None, however have extensively worked with US and European clients / colleagues

Total work ex by Aug'13: 5 years and 1 months (expected)
Extra curricular: Nothing major after graduation. Did a lot of stuff during the college, for example, was the General Secretary of the elected students body. Involved in managing technical festivals etc.

Major reason for MBA: Get into the finance domain (corp. finance, I - banking etc.) with direct client exposure (I have worked in an offshore model for a few years now)

I have 2 major questions:

1. I plan to target the major schools in the ASPAC region (HKUST, NUS, ISB, NTU, HKU, probably INSEAD and Melbourne Business School as well) along - with a few good US schools (top 25 global rank and total cost less than $ 75,000). Kindly suggest some good US schools where the total expense would be lower than $ 75,000 or I can get a decent scholarship so that it reduces below $ 75,000. Probably a few 'generous' (in terms of scholarship) US schools would be a good target for me

2. Please point out a few pros and cons (I believe lack of international experience and extra - curricular might be a couple of cons) and areas that should focus on in my essay, in light of the schools that I wish to apply for (both the ASPAC ones as well as the US ones)

Many thanks in advance!!!!
IndianExpress
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes