Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 14:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 09:57
Nice thread I should say.. but the actual value add depends actually on the discussions we have..
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 397 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2009, 22:03
mbaquestionmark wrote:
Nice thread I should say.. but the actual value add depends actually on the discussions we have..

fully agree with you. The more members join this thread, the more is would add value. Btw, are you also applying in ISB? which round?

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Intern
Intern

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2009, 23:07
bigoyal wrote:
mbaquestionmark wrote:

fully agree with you. The more members join this thread, the more is would add value. Btw, are you also applying in ISB? which round?

Hello bigoyal , yes, Im a typical MIT (Male Indian IT) with about 3 n a half years of work ex, a couple of years of onsite exp, now confused totally about what next.. after a lot of soul searching, contemplation, self actualization and what not, i came to a conclusion that an MBA and a MC career is what I want. Planning to apply for the second round llike most of the others ;o). still not attempted GMAT, like a few others ;o). Attempted a GMAT mock test last week and scored about 630. Now working on ways to get a 720+..

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 02:41
ok, atleast we have 2-3 friends applying for ISB on GMAT club. Let me do one thing, I'll keep adding the names on top of the thread, this way we can be in touch with each other, and certainly R2 guys can take some help from R1 guys :)

All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores

Intern
Intern

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 05:58
bigoyal wrote:
ok, atleast we have 2-3 friends applying for ISB on GMAT club. Let me do one thing, I'll keep adding the names on top of the thread, this way we can be in touch with each other, and certainly R2 guys can take some help from R1 guys :)

I see ur name on the top mate. I guess the end dates for round-1 are near.. so how far are you done with your apps ? and more importantl, im interested to know about the other schools you are applying..
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 21:04
mbaquestionmark wrote:
bigoyal wrote:

I see ur name on the top mate. I guess the end dates for round-1 are near.. so how far are you done with your apps ? and more importantl, im interested to know about the other schools you are applying..

I'm yet struggling with my essays, and am not even ready with the 1st draft :( .Though I don't wanna miss R1, but with the speed I'm progressing, it seems I'll end up applyin in R2 :P

Apart from isb, I've applied in IIMA. I missed applying in IIMC. Haven't yet given a thought for international b-schools.

What bout you? where all are you applying ?

Intern
Intern

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2009, 09:38
bigoyal wrote:
mbaquestionmark wrote:
bigoyal wrote:

I'm yet struggling with my essays, and am not even ready with the 1st draft :( .Though I don't wanna miss R1, but with the speed I'm progressing, it seems I'll end up applyin in R2 :P

Apart from isb, I've applied in IIMA. I missed applying in IIMC. Haven't yet given a thought for international b-schools.

What bout you? where all are you applying ?

I presume you are applying for an Executive MBA then.. I have eyed only ISB in India as it seems to fit my plans. But as far as schools abroad are concerned I have researched a little and INSEAD seems to be a good option. But I really do not want to build any hopes until I get my GMAT score, for about a month now. I see you are from delhi as well.. so whats your profile.. you can probably pm me... and for the forum, did you happen to attend the info session of ISB in delhi last month ? nything useful (which is not given in the ISB website.. ).. It would be great if you could share that as well..
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2009, 22:11
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 01:18
hey...well im in for R2....have a not so gr8 GMAT score of 670(q47,v35,awa6) whch is way less than the freakishly high average GMAT score fr ISB...:P...nonetheless i hope to make a nice apps package so tht they might cnsider me...

fr strtrs i wrk just across the road to ISB ,in Infosys...:)i have arnd 2yrs wrk ex here in a banking project..and prior to this i was wrking in my own magazine business, which i have done fr abt a yr before doing my graduation( some unavoidble circmstnsces) and also aftr my graduation fr abt 6-7 mnths...
and since last yr march i have also been actively involved and, worked for an NGO in AP(Hyderabad)...
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 04:13
arvs212 wrote:
hey...well im in for R2....have a not so gr8 GMAT score of 670(q47,v35,awa6) whch is way less than the freakishly high average GMAT score fr ISB...:P...nonetheless i hope to make a nice apps package so tht they might cnsider me...

fr strtrs i wrk just across the road to ISB ,in Infosys...:)i have arnd 2yrs wrk ex here in a banking project..and prior to this i was wrking in my own magazine business, which i have done fr abt a yr before doing my graduation( some unavoidble circmstnsces) and also aftr my graduation fr abt 6-7 mnths...
and since last yr march i have also been actively involved and, worked for an NGO in AP(Hyderabad)...

gr8! so we have someone staying so close to ISB.

You know last year the min GMAT score admitted to isb was 600. So don't worry much about your score, just try to make your application attractive, you still have some time.

Btw, had you any chance to visit the isb campus or information sessions ? Anything you want to share from your experience ?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 21:10
count me in for R1
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2287

Kudos [?]: 8910 [0], given: 3671

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 21:56
Expert's post
I am the last person who wants to stress anyone, so I apologize for posting this, but probably better now than later. For ISB the 80% GMAT score distribution is 680-760 with average being 716!

So you are a little below in scores, but that may not mean much if you have a strong application.

bigoyal wrote:
arvs212 wrote:

gr8! so we have someone staying so close to ISB.

You know last year the min GMAT score admitted to isb was 600. So don't worry much about your score, just try to make your application attractive, you still have some time.

Btw, had you any chance to visit the isb campus or information sessions ? Anything you want to share from your experience ?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2009, 03:32
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Reason for a break in Education - ISB & LBS [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2009, 10:39
getbacktoskool wrote:
I had a one year break in my education before starting my graduation. The break was because I wanted to be in the best engineering college in the country. I studies for 1 year in a regional college but got admission to that college next year.

How will such a reason for the break in education be looked upon by the ADCOM in ISB and LBS?

I also had a similar 1 yr break in my education. Anyway, I think if one has learned from his mistake and later made something good out of it, he/she should be able to convince adcom. In your case a good point would be you got admission after 1 yr in regional college, this shows how determined you were.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Reason for a break in Education - ISB & LBS [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2009, 21:21
One more thing, in case of ISB you can use 4th essay, which is optional, to convince adcom. Not sure about LBS part.

btw, which round of ISB you are applying for ?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2009, 00:04
Hi All,

Count me in to. But for R2.
I am suppose to appear for my gmat in next week.
In last couple of weeks I have read a lot of blogs of current and amulni of ISB.
And the case study teaching pattern is really amazing and it is one of the prime reason why I am planning to apply.
But my profile is like (should I use as or like ?) that of 0.1 Million other engineers. Indian. IT. Male.
So I am not sure how to prove my uniqueness !!
Also I have seen that most of the IT people who have made it to ISB have a onsite record, but I dont have any onsite record. So I don't think I can build up my chances very strongly.. :(

Regards,
Saaquib

If you find any grammatical mistake in my post please don't hesitate in pointing out.

Please +1 if you find this post useful.

My Blog

Intern
Intern

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2009, 02:20
Hello Saaquib,

Would be helpful if you can mention the blogs and information sources you have been referring.. if you happen to have a note of all those..

Thanks..

And all the very best for your GMAT exam.. Do let us know about your results..

Regards

Saaquib wrote:
Hi All,

In last couple of weeks I have read a lot of blogs of current and amulni of ISB.
And the case study teaching pattern is really amazing and it is one of the prime reason why I am planning to apply.
But my profile is like (should I use as or like ?) that of 0.1 Million other engineers. Indian. IT. Male.
Also I have seen that most of the IT people who have made it to ISB have a onsite record, but I dont have any onsite record. So I don't think I can build up my chances very strongly.. :(
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2009, 02:22
Saaquib wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Saaquib,
welcome! for gmat preparation you may find the below link useful:
everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

To make your application strong you can mention some extra-curricular activities / programs etc you have been involved in. It can be anything like writing white papers, certifications (not technical ones), any other initiatives or may be excelling in your hobbies that can reflect your leadership qualities. You still have some time, if haven't done yet, start now.

regarding the onsite criteria, I don't agree with you. I have couple of my friends in ISB who do not have any onsite exp.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2009, 22:59
i have one question on ISB and schools like it... Does the one year program help in specializing in any field at all? Is ISB a good bet if i want to switch career paths from technology to consumer marketing?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2009, 11:20
mnk wrote:
i have one question on ISB and schools like it... Does the one year program help in specializing in any field at all? Is ISB a good bet if i want to switch career paths from technology to consumer marketing?

Hi mnk, ISB do have few elective courses, which one has to opt for during the 2nd half of the whole course.
http://www.isb.edu/pgp/Elective_Courses.Shtml

Also there are lot of student clubs active in different fields. The one you may be interested in is:
http://www.isb.edu/MarketingClub/index.Shtml

I would suggest you to attend ISB info session in your nearest city. Here is the schedule:
http://www.isb.edu/pgp/IndiaLocations.Shtml

Hope it will help.

Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2009, 11:20