Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3118 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Indian School of Business OR Free MBA from Notre Dam [#permalink]
ISB is a very big name in India. It will provide you instant recognition and credibility in India. It is considered to be an elite school. Whereas Notre Dame is considered a near elite in US. So why not chose the best one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
KuntalNeogi wrote:
Hi, recently I got admitted to Mendoza School of Business, Notre Dam, with a 100% Scholarship and also got an admission from Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. Being an Indian with an IT industry experience of 3 yrs, I want to know which would be a better opportunity for me. Also, after graduating from ISB, will the PGP degree stand good in an International scenario, say US. Would it be difficult to secure a job in US after completing PGP from ISB or is it recommended to study in US (Notre Dam) to seek a career in US.

What is that you want out of your MBA ? Have you asked yourself that question ? If you know the answer things might be easy. But here are my thoughts on ISB vs Notre Dam :

1)ISB is good value for money for Indians and if you want good placements in SE asia then you will have to compete for the top 100-150 rank once inside the program.(Not going to be easy , this year batch strength comprised of some 150 odd IITians , 50 NITians , another 25 BITs guys)

2)ISB is really strong for consulting placements and keep that in mind while choosing your school. What is that you want to do post MBA?

3)ISB would not be able to get you a US placement, but what it will help you to get is a job with an MNC that might put you on US assignment after 3-4 months of graduation.

4)You should speak to people of both the schools and get a feel of what it is like to be a part of the school culture.

5)ISB is a 1 year program - implies no time for internship , means don't expect to get into I-banking or Corp Fin or any other fancy finance role. Its almost impossible to change career tracks at ISB. So be sure about what you want out of an MBA - Career advancement in the same industry v.s Career switch

Hope this helps you a bit.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts