Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 00:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.15
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 12:17
I was recently accepted to both Kelley and Mendoza. I have visited both and honestly I am torn. I live in Chicago and have a girlfriend here so Notre Dame is appealing in that it is a good school and allows me to be in Chicago during my limited free time. However, Kelley is ranked higher (especially in finance which is what I am going to school for) and is a CFA chartered school. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this topic or can point me in the right direction. One last note, after graduation I am looking to move out west to get away from the overcast winters here, looking in either Colorado or California. Does either school have a stronger network out west?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Kelley '15 (A)
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 1

Re: Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 18:43
This post received
KUDOS
I haven't looked at mendoza much, but I've spent a lot of time researching kelley and am planning on enrolling there. One of my concerns was not having a big network outside of the midwest. I've spoken with about 5 or so alumni that live in Denver, Seattle and SF that have graduated recently and all said they had no problems going west. Most we're working in corporate finance or investment management. Speaking with them helped ease my fears on being stuck in the midwest.
Intern
Intern

Re: Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 19:55
Well that's reassuring. Thanks a lot for the reply.
Intern
Intern

Re: Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 10:57
Does anybody else have any insight? I know Kelley is probably slightly stronger but by how much and in what regard?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [2] , given: 23

Re: Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 12:23
This post received
KUDOS
In terms of overall rep/rankings, Kelley is only slightly better but the sheer size of the Kelley alumni network is bigger than the Mendoza alumni network, which could be a factor for you if you want to go out west. I'd give the edge to Kelley but I wouldn't write off Mendoza if they're more generous with $$$...and both schools seem to be very good in that regard.
Re: Indiana Kelley vs. Notre Dame Mendoza   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2013, 12:23