Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 10:06
I am targetting a 700+ score (710 should be OK). I am taking several practice tests (timed tests but not adaptive) of
- 37 Quant questions (23-25 PS, 13-14 DS) from the OG and OG Quantitative Review books
- 41 Verbal questions (14-15 SC, 14-15 CR, 12-14 RC) from the OG and OG Verbal Review books

I would like to get an indication of number of correct/incorrect answers (both Quant and Verbal) to achieve a 700+ score.

I appreciate that the test is
- adaptive
- there could be various pairs of possible score combinations between Quant and Verbal to achieve any target score

But I just want to get an indication/guideline. (My Quant and Verbal strength is sort of equal, may be a bit stronger in Quant due to my engineering background.)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wwwnitinkumar on 04 Oct 2009, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 10:10
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 10:48
This is a useful link and I have been through this.
But I am not sure how to relate/get an indication of section (Quant and Verbal) scores with the number of questions answered correct/incorrect in corresponding sections.

Any suggestions?
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 10:57
hi,

i don't think anyone has such an approximation, since none of us know the exact scoring algorithm of the GMAT. in general, you shouldn't try to extrapolate a score based off of paper practice questions, as they are not adaptive.

also, when you get your GMAT score report, they don't tell you how many you got right or wrong, so we can't approximate that way either.

finally, the gmat has several 'ungraded' experimental questions. so you could theoretically get 10 wrong, or 20 wrong, and still get the exact same score (assuming in the 2nd scenario that the extra 10 incorrect were all experimental).

you should focus your attention on taking full length practice tests and seeing how you score on an actual timed test.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 13:18
Even I have asked this question ? but never got a proper reply. Its difficult to predict, with number of correct question that u do both sections.

What I have google and found out was.

verbal get around 33+ correct ( out of 41 )and around 32 in quantitative(out of 37) that must put to close 700+. simple if you are getting 90 percent correct answers in both the section ur percentile score will be more.( my theory , let me patent it once I write my gmat and get the score. )

Always take it with a pinch of salt...( as I am not the person who wrote the algorithm for the gmat :)

pitt..
Re: Indication of number of correct/wrong answers for 700+ score   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2009, 13:18