Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Inference Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 31

Inference Questions [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 13:06
Hi guys,

I just finished the reading comprehension passages in the official guide 12th edition. Before I approached these passages I read the entire strategies book MGMAT Reading Comprehension guide. I noticed that I consistently get wrong answers on inference question. Out of the 139 questions available I had 32 mistakes, 17 of which were inference, 7 supporting ideas, 3 logicle structure , 3 application, 2 evaluation and 1 general. Please, give me some advice how to imrove my success rate on inference questions. Does any of you have a successful strategy that I could possibly try.

If you have any other advice on how to improve my reading comprehension, I would be very grateful if you share it here.

Thanks a lot :)

Ellie
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 289

Kudos [?]: 663 [0], given: 6

Re: Inference Questions [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 20:33
Expert's post
Inference questions are tough -as are the RC questions that ask "all of the following EXCEPT"...

This really requires you to understand what the author's intentions with the passage are - really be able to connect the dots from paragraph to paragraph.

Answers to inference questions will never be explicitly stated in the passage. It will draw on a few concepts and it's up to you to draw the connection between the two. So it's important here to identify what those concepts are and where they are in the passage.

Take a look at gmatpill RC frameworks: http://www.gmatpill.com/ebook/GMATPill' ... eworks.pdf (PDF is public)
and you try some of the RC Pill demo videos as well: http://www.gmatpill.com/practice-questi ... -guide-rc/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Inference Questions   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2012, 20:33