Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 05:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Info on McCombs MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Info on McCombs MBA [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2007, 16:54
I have heard random stories that International students in McCombs face difficulty in getting recruited. Does anyone know more about this.

It goes without saying that Intnls have special problems (visa/communication etc.) no matter where they go.

But I wanted to know (from someone's experience or research) if this is especially true in McCombs.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2007, 20:04
I've done my MS from UT Austin ... and been here for a while now... never heard this before. As a matter of fact, if you want to enter the tech industry in a non-tech function (of course !), UT austin would be an excellent choice (IBM/Intel/Dell/***com/ you name it) are here, and they more than welcome int'ls, they are so used to us on the tech. side.

That said, have not done a lot of research on the school otherwise ... I'll probably do a part time here if I do not get into any of my target schools.

And I have to say that the international office at UT would perhaps be one of the best in the nation. They really work FOR the students, and find ways to help you, have had first hand experience with this. Other than that, Austin is a lively scenic town with hills n lakes with a nice community feel to it, and people are great, (in stark contrast with the rest of texas) that I'd hate to leave.
Thats more than what you asked for, but i'm just emotional about Austin ..:) but not so excited about the school and tech. (anymore) ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2007, 20:17
Thanks gmat_march, was quite helpful.

I have also heard that Austin is a great place if you are focused to start a venture.
  [#permalink] 22 Dec 2007, 20:17