Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Info on R3 Deadlines and No. of Seats available

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 2.45
WE: Operations (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Info on R3 Deadlines and No. of Seats available [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 02:06
Hey guys,

For R3 Applications, will the Adcom start reviewing the applications as soon as they receive or will they wait till the deadline. Will i have any advantage if i apply on 10th march instead of 4th April for the school with R3 deadline on 4th April?

Also, I was wondering if anybody has an idea about the Number/Percentage of seats available for Round3 applicants out of Total intake for the following schools. Standford (360) Harvard (900) Columbua (550) Booth (580) UCLA (360)

Thanks
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Info on R3 Deadlines and No. of Seats available [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 03:02
desibm wrote:
Hey guys,

For R3 Applications, will the Adcom start reviewing the applications as soon as they receive or will they wait till the deadline. Will i have any advantage if i apply on 10th march instead of 4th April for the school with R3 deadline on 4th April?

Also, I was wondering if anybody has an idea about the Number/Percentage of seats available for Round3 applicants out of Total intake for the following schools. Standford (360) Harvard (900) Columbua (550) Booth (580) UCLA (360)

Thanks

All of your questions are different by school. People estimate that 90%+ of the seats in a class are taken by R3. By R3 schools are basically just rounding out the class to ensure they have the right mix. There is no way to know exactly what they're looking for in R3, that's why it's such a crapshoot. You can have a great profile and still get denied or waitlisted because 50 other great people with similar WE and goals were already admitted. It would be nearly impossible for any of us on GMAT Club to estimate your chances beyond saying they are slim.

Each school handles application reviews differently. Some begin reading the application as soon as they get it (CBS). Others wait until the round deadline to begin reading apps. The only school that you'd be better served applying ASAP is CBS. Heck, you should've submitted that app yesterday. The longer you wait the more your chances decrease.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Info on R3 Deadlines and No. of Seats available [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 08:03
If you do in fact have a GPA of 2.45 as your profile suggests, I'd also recommend considering that you wait a year and reapply next fall/winter. Adcoms at the schools you mentioned are likely looking to admit outstanding candidates with compelling academic or professional profiles, especially in R3. Perhaps you do have some really interesting work experience that might mitigate it, but I'm almost positive that a 2.45 GPA is multiple standard deviations below the mean admitted student GPA at all of the schools you have mentioned. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Info on R3 Deadlines and No. of Seats available   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2012, 08:03