Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Information required regarding MBA in Ireland

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Information required regarding MBA in Ireland [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2005, 02:34
hi all ,
Can somebody throw some light on MBA from Ireland. i have found out that two colleges but i dont know how good it is .
1) Smurfits school of management
2) trinity college dublin.
will it be good to do mba from any of these colleges in respect to european market .
please dont compare with USA . only Europe ..
regards
tanmay

tanmay

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

[#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2005, 08:35
Expert's post
Sorry, I don't know much about those schools... Can someone else jump in and help tanmay?

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2005, 04:24
Tanmay, there going to be an open day you might want to attend in Smurfit.

http://ucdbusiness.ucd.ie/openday.htm
Intern
Intern

thanks [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2005, 04:37
thanks but iam in india i cant come to ireland .
anyway let me know if u r attending . give me the feedback how good how bad is this college

tanmay

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2005, 22:53
Tanmay,

I hope I can shed a little empirical light on Smurfit for you; I was invited to spend 5 days in Dublin in early December, with 8 other candidates (3 Canadians, 6 Americans made the trip). Evidently, Smurfit has a generous benefactor in one of its alumni who pays for selected candidates to fly to Dublin in order to get an impression of what UCD might offer them, and they UCD.

It would take forever to go into detail, but to say that we were treated like kings (from the moment we were collected to the airport, to alumni dinners organized specifically for us, to the posh luncheon at the Fitzwilliam Hotel preceding our formal interviews). Furthermore, we were given carte blanche with regard to time spent with teaching faculty, alumni, administration.

Smurfit has had an MBA program since 1964, I believe, making it the first university in Europe to offer one. Though originators are often surpassed by innovators, in UCD's case this is not so. I encourage you to check out its website ucdbusiness.ucd.ie/ and research some of the ways in which the school is helping to lead the economic boom (the 'Celtic Tiger') Ireland is in the midst of (look no further than The Economist's outlook for 2005 issue of December in which Ireland ranked number one in the world).

A cautionary note on the "other" school: though it has a storied reputation (literary more than anything), Trinity College's program--in my opinion, having researched both--pales embarrassingly compared to Smurfit's. As a matter of fact, one of the people in our group had a arranged a meeting with Trinity's admissions officer, during which she gleaned from him the hotel in which we were staying, and immediately sent along a package (university t-shirts, hats, the like) in order to try to poach us away from Smurfit. Cheeky and unscrupulous to say the least, as Smurfit had paid several thousand euros a head to bring us over.

Anyway, had I not gone over, I would still be singing the praises of the school: it has a fabulous program called NovaUCD http://www.ucd.ie/nova/ which fosters student entrepreneurs, a dedicated career office (which played no small part in it getting ranked 5th in the world in career advancement by The Financial Times in its MBA global rankings), and a peerless teaching faculty ...........

I hope this helped..... good luck!

please email me if you have any questions I might help you with