Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 16:13
I got a reply from isabelle a week ago. I was so nervous that I had to call my gf to open the email for me... my heart was beating up against my throat... pre-selected! :shock:

Good luck guys, you still have until Friday if you haven't heard back yet, know that INSEAD is supposedly notorious for sending out notifications at the last minute.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 19:02
Dinged :cry:
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 21:59
xinga wrote:

Sorry to hear that. You had a solid GMAT and work ex so what do you think went wrong?

Best of luck with other schools!

Posted from my mobile device Image

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 22:04
I am still trying to get to terms with the decision.

What went wrong? Unfortunately INSEAD does not reveal that...and I am yet to figure out myself.

I haven't applied to any other schools as INSEAD was my only choice. Will have to pick up the pieces and start moving on.

AVbyT wrote:
xinga wrote:

Sorry to hear that. You had a solid GMAT and work ex so what do you think went wrong?

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 22:12
xinga wrote:
I am still trying to get to terms with the decision.

What went wrong? Unfortunately INSEAD does not reveal that...and I am yet to figure out myself.

I haven't applied to any other schools as INSEAD was my only choice. Will have to pick up the pieces and start moving on.

AVbyT wrote:
xinga wrote:

Sorry to hear that. INSEAD has 4 capacities (Academic, Leadership, International and Contribution to the MBA) that they look for in a candidate, make sure you show those in your essays.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 22:18
roguex wrote:
Received an e-mail this morning saying they liked my application, but that my GMAT score wasn't high enough to meet INSEAD's academic standards. Hence I've been offered the opportunity to re-write my GMAT and submit the new score to INSEAD for further consideration. Anyone else in the same situation?

My score was very heavily skewed towards verbal, and quite low on the quant side. I'm concerned about the new GMAT format and also about when to re-submit. I still want to be considered for Jan 2013 intake, which means I need to re-submit my new score by either June 20 or Aug 16. Sigh. Doesn't leave much time to prepare, esp. given the new format - and I want to be able to boost my score enough to receive an invitation to interview. Regardless, this is definitely better than a rejection (INSEAD said it should be seen as encouraging news).

Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

INSEAD doesn't encourage reapplications. But in your case, they are asking you to reapply, that's good news. They've seen potential in the other 3 areas (Leadership, International, and Contribution), you're just lacking on Academics. Give yourself time to focus on the GMAT. For Quants, use Manhattan strategies book (It's the best, I think). It seems like you're doing well on verbal and I really don't know about the new format. Read about it, focus about your strength in Verbal. You should be fine.
Don't rush for reapplication in this intake, just finish the GMAT and then think of reapplying.
All the best buddy
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 22:32
Patcheko80 wrote:

INSEAD doesn't encourage reapplications. But in your case, they are asking you to reapply, that's good news. They've seen potential in the other 3 areas (Leadership, International, and Contribution), you're just lacking on Academics. Give yourself time to focus on the GMAT. For Quants, use Manhattan strategies book (It's the best, I think). It seems like you're doing well on verbal and I really don't know about the new format. Read about it, focus about your strength in Verbal. You should be fine.
Don't rush for reapplication in this intake, just finish the GMAT and then think of reapplying.
All the best buddy

Hey Patcheko80 - Didn't you apply for R3 Sept 2012 and you were told to re-write the GMAT as well...Did you take back your Sept 12 app and go for Jan 2013? If you don't mind my asking how did your re-write go?

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 05:10
AVbyT wrote:
Patcheko80 wrote:

All the best buddy

Hey Patcheko80 - Didn't you apply for R3 Sept 2012 and you were told to re-write the GMAT as well...Did you take back your Sept 12 app and go for Jan 2013? If you don't mind my asking how did your re-write go?

Hey AVbyT.
Yes, I applied for the January 2012 intake (Not Sept) and was asked to retake the GMAT. The only mistake I made was trying to rush for a specific intake. Not good, not good. But I did well after all(More details to come in my GMAT debrief, working on it), I got my interview invite.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 09:13
Patcheko80 wrote:
AVbyT wrote:
Patcheko80 wrote:

All the best buddy

Hey AVbyT.
Yes, I applied for the January 2012 intake (Not Sept) and was asked to retake the GMAT. The only mistake I made was trying to rush for a specific intake. Not good, not good. But I did well after all(More details to come in my GMAT debrief, working on it), I got my interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 09:22
No invites today? 1 more day to go ... still waiting
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Other)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 10:39
same here. is it mostly dings on the last day, or does a good chunk of interview invites get sent out?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 17:20
If you look at the link I posted to a blog on page 3 of this thread, it says there that a few years back some people got invites at the 11th hour of the last day. Don't lose hope!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 02:39
Just got an interview invite. I'm a little different from the rest of you guys. I'm a teacher who took the GRE's, but looking forward to doing interview prep here. You guys give me permission to participate in the conversations even though I never took the GMAT ? :-) I got the invite from SIM J
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, IESE

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 11:22
So... has anyone heard back with interviewer details yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.25

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 14:13
vrindasingh wrote:

nope... got my interview invite on may 10th, but no details as to who'll be interviewing nor where... :?: still feeling anxious though. This whole thing about 50% of applicants get interview invites and 50% of interviewed candidates are accepted has me nervous... how true can those numbers be btw? how the heck do people come up with these figures if INSEAD doesn't release any kind of acceptance rate data? It also makes me wonder what kind of weight do interviewers' feedbacks have on an applicant's admission, because I'd imagine for the most part that a person who made it to the interviews must be qualified enough to handle an interview and get a good review, which in turn has me asking myself what other factors are taken into account to justify this supposed 50% admission rate of interviewees.. errr, I need to quit stressing out :roll:

best of luck people
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 20:16
froufrou wrote:
vrindasingh wrote:

nope... got my interview invite on may 10th, but no details as to who'll be interviewing nor where... :?: still feeling anxious though. This whole thing about 50% of applicants get interview invites and 50% of interviewed candidates are accepted has me nervous... how true can those numbers be btw? how the heck do people come up with these figures if INSEAD doesn't release any kind of acceptance rate data? It also makes me wonder what kind of weight do interviewers' feedbacks have on an applicant's admission, because I'd imagine for the most part that a person who made it to the interviews must be qualified enough to handle an interview and get a good review, which in turn has me asking myself what other factors are taken into account to justify this supposed 50% admission rate of interviewees.. errr, I need to quit stressing out :roll:

best of luck people

I received invite email on 10th May also and no details also! Will u write to ur coordinator to kindly remind him or her? Is it okay to do this? Or we should just chill out and wait...

P.s. from what I heard the acceptance rate after interview is about 70%. I read it somewhere from an interview experience share. The interviewer told the candidate such thing, but this is no way an official statistic feedback.

I have also asked INSEAD alumni and their observation are, yes they liked the person behind the essays and that's why u received an interview invite. They just need to know if the real person behind the application package is also that awesome.

P.s.s. awfully few ppl report their invite status on Friday...
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 20:49
froufrou - First of all if ur handle refers to the singer then kudos cause she's awesome!

As for the queries regarding the procedure, INSEAD looks at 4 things - Academic, Leadership, International Outlook and contribution Capability - and one things for sure that if they have invited you for an Interview then you are qualified in all those categories. As per the procedure, both interviewers will write their feedback based on the insights that INSEAD wants to know about you to make an informed and complete decision. Once the feedback is received INSEAD will again go over your entire application and fit you in the incoming class of 500 odd admits.

As for chances based on stats, Id say you have more than a 50-50 chance but I think you control your fate more than that - With your interviews if you can prove that you really fit in INSEAD then you dramtically influence the odds in your favour, so, in short, I wouldn't worry about the stats but more on thinking about whether INSEAD is really your destination and then looking back at your story and passing that on to the INSEAD ADcom through the Interviewers.

INSEAD values the interview process and they are very good at assigning you Alumni who can read through the prepared and memorized responses so you must believe and think through your reasons and that will help you most.

Read about previous Interview experiences in the Sept 12 and earlier forums for more insights.

Hope it helps.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 722 [0], given: 48

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 22:54
i was also thinking of applying to jan '13 intake but my low gmat score [660] changed my decision. insead's website mentions that one should have 70-75% score in each section. mine is q [73%], v [74%] and overall [81%].

i'm thinking of retaking the test after about 2 months. although, i can still meet the r3 deadline, which is somewhere in august, but i think applying in the last round would mean that i'll have lesser chance of getting in. am i making a mistake? insead doesn't encourage reapplicants, so i need to make sure that i really have a shot when i apply.

i plan to apply in oct for sept '13 intake but i have another issue with that: i'll be 31 in sep '13 and 32 by the time i graduate. is this an issue, considering mba admissions and post-mba job search?

press +1 Kudos to appreciate posts
Download Valuable Collection of Percentage Questions (PS/DS)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 07:23
I was invited on the 18th and I got my interviewers a couple of hours later. It's probably based on when the alumni they ask to interview agree to interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 12:10
This was a surreal day. I am based in NY and got the names of my two interviewers this morning. I contacted both and one requested that we meet today if possible as his week was filling up rather quick. Met him on the upper east side for an hour long interview. It was very relaxed. The interviewer walked me through my resume and understood my motivations behind wanting to pursue an MBA.

Hope for some good feedback from him.

The second interview is going to be close to the end of next week.

Good luck everyone

-S
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 May 2012, 12:10