Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 19

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 20:45
I would put my two cents on the guy being a fake! but lets not worry too much about one solitary admit claim somewhere else! What has to happen will happen!!! Just counting days now! less than ten days to the last week of June......its just so painfull.....everything and all plans are on stand still! Just cant wait for that elusive call
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2012, 10:45
williamo wrote:
Finally got a notification.

"Thank you very much for applying to the INSEAD MBA Programme. I am pleased to inform you that I have received your application and will be your primary contact during the Admissions Process. I have checked the details of your submitted application material and I am happy to confirm your file is now complete and ready to be reviewed for Round 2 on the January 2013 intake."

How're round 2 guys doing?

I'm in for Round 2 as well. Submitted the app. But I am having trouble uploading the PDF version of the transcripts. Did anyone face this similar issue?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2012, 13:13
nullvoid325 wrote:
williamo wrote:

"Thank you very much for applying to the INSEAD MBA Programme. I am pleased to inform you that I have received your application and will be your primary contact during the Admissions Process. I have checked the details of your submitted application material and I am happy to confirm your file is now complete and ready to be reviewed for Round 2 on the January 2013 intake."

I'm in for Round 2 as well. Submitted the app. But I am having trouble uploading the PDF version of the transcripts. Did anyone face this similar issue?

I made sure the file size is within limit, i uploaded one time without issue. I split the degree certificate and transcript, and adjusted the jpeg size before i convert them to PDF. I can't remember the size limit, was it 2 MB?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2012, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
my refresh button just broke... :lol:

one more week folks! from what i saw in the insead jan 2012 forum, R1 should be getting notified on the week of the 25th.

good luck guys!
Current Student
Affiliations: NABE
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2012, 16:01
nullvoid325 wrote:
williamo wrote:

Are you using a Mac? I couldn't upload the PDF on a Mac, but when I tried on a PC, it was submitted successfully.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 01:05
Hello Everyone,

I applied last week to Insead Jan intake Round 2. How soon will you hear from Insead?

Good luck everyone

:-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 05:29
Hi
I will be a R3 applicant and have a quick question for you pros out there. Where can I find the recommendation form to prep my references? I am having trouble locating the questions.

As always, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 05:53
majdeegans wrote:
Hi
I will be a R3 applicant and have a quick question for you pros out there. Where can I find the recommendation form to prep my references? I am having trouble locating the questions.

As always, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Majdeegans.
The reccomendation forms are online, and the links are generated from the application form.
Download the application form here http://mba.insead.edu/download_center.cfm and you'll see at the bottom. Click the button and send it to your refferees, they'll need to create a log in and password.
All the best
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 06:41
Thanks, I was unsure about logging into the recommendation form myself but I did anyway just to check out the questions. Now I will have to forward my first recommender the password but I doubt that will matter.

Thanks for the tip.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 08:51
R1 applicants no calls yet??? 11 days to go to D day!! but the calls should start to trickle soon I guess.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 21:40
This post received
KUDOS
Am I the only one who feels profound relief after finishing the interviews and knowing there is nothing else I can do? I can only hope to get accepted or rejected. Please no waitlisting, give me a clean death instead :-)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2012, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
You are not alone Bicklyboop! It sure is a relief to be done with all that... and now it's a question of waiting.

I hope I get in, simply because I don't feel like applying all over again! :P
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: NABE
GPA: 3.1
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 8

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 00:30
This post received
KUDOS
Bicklybloop wrote:
Am I the only one who feels profound relief after finishing the interviews and knowing there is nothing else I can do? I can only hope to get accepted or rejected. Please no waitlisting, give me a clean death instead :-)

+1 on that one!

I have been at this for 14 months already, if you count from the very first time I opened the GMAT study book back in April 2011, so I had a mini-celebration for completing the entire process, but I really want to have the answer now, and, like you, I would dread being waitlisted and having to wait a few more months for a final result.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 00:30
williamo wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:
williamo wrote:

I made sure the file size is within limit, i uploaded one time without issue. I split the degree certificate and transcript, and adjusted the jpeg size before i convert them to PDF. I can't remember the size limit, was it 2 MB?

Thanks, it worked!
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 02:08
snbury wrote:
Bicklybloop wrote:

+1 on that one!

I have been at this for 14 months already, if you count from the very first time I opened the GMAT study book back in April 2011, so I had a mini-celebration for completing the entire process, but I really want to have the answer now, and, like you, I would dread being waitlisted and having to wait a few more months for a final result.

The very thought of getting waitlisted sounds so painfull....waiting another couple of months.......brooding whether to apply to another school!!! not able to make a call on the present job and what not!!! I too want a yes or a no answer.......no "may be" answer plzzzz :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 06:04
snbury wrote:
Bicklybloop wrote:

+1 on that one!

snbury. You and I are in the same boat. I started at that same time, and it's been busy eversince. I hope to get accepted not only for my qualifications, but also for the hard work I put into this application (Wishful thinking lol). 15 months straight of hardwork. 9 more days to go. We'll find out.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, IESE

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 07:31
Okay guys! Received an admit today. So so glad. But not to panic - I had another b-school decision pending so I'd asked for an early review. And definitely taking INSEAD now. Good luck everyone :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 08:26
Nice one vrindasingh, congrats!!! Could I ask how you phrased your "quick decision" request? I'm sitting on an admit from another school too, but trying all sorts to delay my decision to them. I was under the impression that asking INSEAD to hurry up may look bad? On the other hand I guess it would subtly say "Can I have an accept or reject cause I can't hang around on the waitlist because of this pending decision"... Did you put in this "request" some time ago?
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 08:27
vrindasingh wrote:
Okay guys! Received an admit today. So so glad. But not to panic - I had another b-school decision pending so I'd asked for an early review. And definitely taking INSEAD now. Good luck everyone :)

wow!!!! first in the portal!! congratulations! fonty or singy?
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2012, 08:46
vrindasingh,

You received a call or a mail from the adcom?
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2012, 08:46