Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Schools:top schools
 Q43  V31 GMAT 2: 670  Q43  V38 GMAT 3: 680  Q48  V35
WE 1: Foreign Ministry - 6 years
WE 2: Law Firm - 3 years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Vrinda,

thanks for sharing your experience. In same situation admit from IESE and waiting to get interviewed by INSEAD and hear the final decision.

Do you remember any bouncer question for interview? Both my interviewers are general manager/VP in big companies and this scares the hell out of me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD, IESE
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Hey Deepak,

No bouncer question as such - the toughest one was 'tell me about a situation you hated'

Are you going to pay the IESE token amount anyway?

Good luck!

Vrinda
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Vrinda,

thanks for your response. I have got an extension by IESE to pay token money by 30th June. Based on my current talks with some of my fellow undergraduate class mates in IESE and a professor, I am currently thinking I will not join even if I don't make it to INSEAD. On Top scholarship is another criteria

I understand I may be stupid to think bout not joining IESE, but believe there is some solid evidence to make this unfortunate choice.

Regards,
Deepak
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Done with both of my interviews. Got told by the adcom that one Alum was travelling next week and I had to schedule my interview ASAP. The first one went picture perfect! . With the Alum repeatedly saying that he likes my story. The Alum was into PE. Only point he mentioned was that I still need some international travelling and suggested I do some travel to Europe in the next 6 months. The interview lasted 1hr 30 min.

The night after I was done with my first interview, I dropped a mail to my second interviewer. By lunch time next day, I get a reply if we could meet that evening. I was not ready and was having a hectic day at work. But decided to take it as a challenge and said yes. The Alum is a VP at one of the big 4 consulting firms. The interview was not as perfect as the first one, with a lot of cross examination. Answered most of them, but was not sure if I was doing well or not. It lasted 45 min and was walked to the lift by him.

Dropped a customary mail after I was back home to both Alums and they responded warmly. The wait begins now. If I get in, it will be because of the first interview, if I don’t, it will be because of my second one. Can’t wait for the 20th of June!!!

Praveen
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Do any of you know if the AdCom waits until they receive all of the interview feedback before doing a final review of all applications and sending out acceptance emails? I'm just worried that my first interview is only on June 4th and my second interviewer is traveling and told me to call him back the week of June 4th. I just don't want to have my application be the last one on the pile!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Submitted application last month for second batch, Jan 2013 intake. Nothing from AdCom so far...
Anyone on the same batch? let's keep updating each other for any response from AdCom.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi all....I need some help here...I am 30 yr/Indian IT Male with 7 yrs wrk ex and just gave my GMAT with 710 score(Q 49 V 38)....Do you guys think my profile will be good enuf for a R2 admission..Is it true that admission criteria ets tougher with runds...Also is an official score mandatory ...althugh I hope I will get my official score by 20th June....Will really appreciate some quick response :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
nirvana82 wrote:
Hi all....I need some help here...I am 30 yr/Indian IT Male with 7 yrs wrk ex and just gave my GMAT with 710 score(Q 49 V 38)....Do you guys think my profile will be good enuf for a R2 admission..Is it true that admission criteria ets tougher with runds...Also is an official score mandatory ...althugh I hope I will get my official score by 20th June....Will really appreciate some quick response :)

Hey nirvana82. It's true (And false) that admission get tougher with rounds, but it's better to submit a great application. Even in the last round. If your application is great, you'll receive good feedbacks from the admincom.
All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I have a question to you - I am waitlisted in Sep2012 R1, and considering reapplying in R2 Jan 2013. The thing is that my toefl expired during my wait (6 months!), and I wonder whether it is safe to assume that since now I am waitlisted they have it in my file and therefore shouldn't pose a problem.

I am not whether asking them would be a stupid question.
Needless to say I will not have time to retake it by the R2 deadline...

Thanks,
ebay
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
ebay wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question to you - I am waitlisted in Sep2012 R1, and considering reapplying in R2 Jan 2013. The thing is that my toefl expired during my wait (6 months!), and I wonder whether it is safe to assume that since now I am waitlisted they have it in my file and therefore shouldn't pose a problem.

I am not whether asking them would be a stupid question.
Needless to say I will not have time to retake it by the R2 deadline...

Thanks,
ebay

Hey ebay - Sent you a PM. Hope it helps!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I had my first interview yesterday morning. The interview started with "So... mining, huh? Wow, that's different" which prompted me to start talking about how I got into the industry, how I moved from role to role, and how my experience shaped my LT goal. We talked quite a bit about China (since I lived there) and the challenges of doing business there, and then he started questioning my LT goal, finding the challenges and how I would overcome them. I actually think this bit prepared me for my second interview, although I believe the answer I gave was convincing. Overall, the interview was very casual and very unstructured, I felt very much at ease, especially since the interviewer was not taking any notes. In the end, he seemed to remember that INSEAD does send a script, so he pulled it out, asked me where else I applied and what would I do if I didn't get into any MBA program, and after a few questions on my end, we wrapped it up after an hour and a half.

Now I'm still waiting to hear back from interviewer number two on the exact date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey everybody, I'm an Australian based in Paris on track for Jan 2013 intake...

Had my two INSEAD interviews on Monday and Tuesday this week. Feedback... everything you read about on the net concerning the format and experience is totally true. The interviews were really about just getting to know you, fully relaxed, a quick check of goals and to verify you have half a personality. One of mine were at the ladies actual apartment and the other at a cafe. Somewhat disappointed I wasn't put under more pressure to show how I handle myself (I've been accepted into HEC Paris and the interviews there were really stressful).

Advice... I reckon the main thing to do is tell your story and try not to be too serious. I think they want to see humans with realistic goals, not robots. Throw in a couple jokes here and there and you'll do fine.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone else here who applied R1 and still waiting to interview? I was supposed to hav my 2nd interview on Friday (June 8th) but the interviewer cancelled an hour before (same thing happened with the first interview!). Now it's been rescheduled for June 15th, although the AdCom sent me a stern email saying I had to get it done by then. Just worried being last to interview might hurt my chances? I also just want to get the process over with.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-30-2012
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey mods,

decided to apply for the Jan 2014 instead of the Jan 2013 batch... suffered a setback do you an unexpected hiccup in my verbal score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All, I had my 1st interview yesterday and it was quite unorthodox. He came with a clean slate and in the initial 5 minutes he just scanned through my CV and Profile. Then no question was direct but indirectly he asked for 3 "W" but in a quite disjointed manner. Lot of times he gave me impression that he is not interested by looking towards the other people sitting in the CAFE. As we were from the same field we discussed lot about it. Most unexpected thing was there was no opportunity given to me to ask him a question regarding him OR INSEAD. He completed his question and then we moved out of the Cafe. So for me quite unexpected sort of interview..Fingers crossed...Not even a hint of expression on his face throughout the interview
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ankursir wrote:
Hi All, I had my 1st interview yesterday and it was quite unorthodox. He came with a clean slate and in the initial 5 minutes he just scanned through my CV and Profile. Then no question was direct but indirectly he asked for 3 "W" but in a quite disjointed manner. Lot of times he gave me impression that he is not interested by looking towards the other people sitting in the CAFE. As we were from the same field we discussed lot about it. Most unexpected thing was there was no opportunity given to me to ask him a question regarding him OR INSEAD. He completed his question and then we moved out of the Cafe. So for me quite unexpected sort of interview..Fingers crossed...Not even a hint of expression on his face throughout the interview

Try dropping a customary email and you might be able to make out what the Alum feels from the response he gives. If he doesnt respond at all, its not good news I guess. If he responds back saying " it was a pleasure meeting you, etc. etc...stay in touch, keep me posted etc etc" , may be you are on the safe side?? Its my own two cents on ways to intrepret the interviewers mood after the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Praveen, Thanks a lot for the suggestion but the problem is that getting a response from him is very tough as he even not replied to my mail which i send to him asking for interview scheduling. Ultimately when more than a week passed i had to call him for the time. So although i have sent him a mail but not sure about whether he will reply back or not. Don't know really tense.......
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts