Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 18:35
Hi everyone!

I submitted my application for R1 on April 9th for the Jan 2013 intake. I did have some issues with the PDF form, as initially the countries would be completely wrong every time I opened the form (e.g. nationality, where I have lived, etc). Also, once I was ready to submit, the PDF form kept on crashing on my Mac. So, I tried sending it from my work computer (PC), but I had a bit of trouble as I already have an electronic signature there which didn’t seem to satisfy INSEAD’s requirements. It made me a bit nervous, even though I still had two days prior to the deadline, but in the end I managed to send it through, upload the photo, the transcript, and check on the recommenders. I received a confirmation email and a few days later I received an email from Janice Sim confirming review of my application. I had already submitted the GMAT scores via PearsonVue and was told this, plus noting the scores and Q/V in the application form, would suffice (e.g. no need to scan and submit the print out report).

My profile:

GMAT: 700
W/E: 6.5yrs by January 2013 (5 in Singapore, 1.5 in China)
Industry:Mining
Nationality: USA / Netherlands
Countries: Netherlands, Colombia, USA, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, China

Since I am done with the essays and seem to have A LOT of spare time on my hands in the evenings and weekends, I signed up for two pre-MBA courses at UCLA’s Extension school.

By the way, the chart / form on the first page shows 2-3 admits for Jan 2013 intake. How is this possible? Early admission?

Good luck to all!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 00:14
Hi Guys

I applied to R1 for Jan13 intake at INSEAD. Profile:

Nationality: Indian
Exp: 7 yrs (IT Sales & Marketing- India & Singapore)
Education: M.Sc. (Singapore) & Bachelor of Engineering (India)
GMAT: 740

Await to hear from the Adcom...the wait seems endless... :roll:
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 12:35
Hi Xinga

You mean you are waiting for an email from AdCom acknowledging your application or you're waiting for an interview invite? AFAIK, interview invites go out around May 18.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 20:13
Hey

Adcom has acknowledged the completion of my application for R1. Awaiting the evaluation response on the same. May 18 is the timeline....but the wait seems eternal :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, IESE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 23:59
Is May 18 the day all interviews go out (like HBS) or the last day? The Ad Com email suggests the latter, right?
I'm in for R1 as well... and fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 19

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 11:57
Last year the interview invites started trickling out as early as May 2nd, with the final deadline as 13th May. Was going through last years posts. So we could hear from some early birds in a weeks time!!

Below is the thread to the 2012 INSEAD Jan Entry-R1 interview calls conversation page. The excited souls can clam themselves by going through the below thread! I have already gone through half of it!!:)

insead-january-2012-intake-106497-140.html
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 10:46
The waiting is getting into my head!!!! Any early birds??? guess the moment someone declares that he/she has got an interview call, the wait becomes so very more painfull!!! may run out of my nails shortly :)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 03:03
I guess we will probably start hearing from next week or so.

Anyone any inputs on how to prepare for the 'hopeful' interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 07:05
itwasme wrote:
Hi all, urgent question. When I first took my GMAT 3 years ago, I sent the score to INSEAD.

Will this suffice, or do I need to report the score again?

No need to send the details again. I think they have them.. Go ahead and apply
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 01:18
For those of you (like me) already checking their email inboxes every 5secs, keep in mind as per this INSEAD blog that some people received them at the 11th hour. I submitted my application about a day and a half prior to the deadline, so assuming they go through the applications on a first-come, first-read (and first-invited) basis, perhaps it is just best to assume you will receive it on May 17th or 18th.

http://insead-the-journey.blogspot.com/ ... at-to.html
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 01:25
If that is the case, I might as well be the last person to receive the communication. My recommendations went in after the deadline, so the acknowledgement for being considered for R1 came in well after the deadline.

I am already getting very anxious... :roll:
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 01:28
In that case, just assume you will receive the email on May 18th. I am going on that assumption and trying not to worry about it too much. If I receive something prior to that date, it will probably only be good news anyway :)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 09:11
Hi All

I wanted to check on the 'hopeful' interview call...I have mentioned my mailing & permanent address in one city and my office address in another city.

Need I update the Adcom on my preferred city up front or await the interview invite confirmation?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 08:13
I applied R1 as well. Still waiting for replies. Has anyone heard from them yet??
Manager
Manager
Schools: top schools
WE 1: Foreign Ministry - 6 years
WE 2: Law Firm - 3 years

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 05:13
Hi All:

I have submitted my application in R1 for Jan13 intake. Please share your news, if any, on further developments.

Matt
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 08:08
No news yet???? No news is good news I guess :).

Strange that the adcoms havent knocked any of our doors yet!!
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 09:54
lol....sure is...

thou the wait is excruciating...

don't see too much of a buzz on the J13 forum relative to a few previous ones...

mattapraveen wrote:
No news yet???? No news is good news I guess :).

Strange that the adcoms havent knocked any of our doors yet!!
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 10:55
[quote="xinga"]lol....sure is...

thou the wait is excruciating...

don't see too much of a buzz on the J13 forum relative to a few previous ones...

quote]

Its all about the first interview invite! Once that is out there will be posts pouring out every minute. Even now there are many silent players, checking out this link religiously.....but waiting to drop a word after the first call!!

The wait is just so painfulllllll!!!! Oh god!!!!!......just send me the invite plzzzzzzzzzzz :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 12:21
I applied in R1 in the evening on the last day, no call yet. Waiting eagerly for the call from +33...please share any news / update
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 18:20
Is it typical for the adcom to call or rather to send an email for the interview invites? I would assume it is done by email?

Also, someone mentioned that in another thread the interviews started to go out 11 days prior to the deadline. Is this the rule or the exception to how INSEAD handles interview invites?
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 09 May 2012, 18:20