Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 04:17
jay4den wrote:
Did any other R2 applicant get an email about applying for scholarships?

I did. Yesterday.
I don't know weather it is a normal practice to apply for the scholarships BEFORE being admitted. Quite strange.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 06:17
alexpiers wrote:
jay4den wrote:
Did any other R2 applicant get an email about applying for scholarships?

I did. Yesterday.
I don't know weather it is a normal practice to apply for the scholarships BEFORE being admitted. Quite strange.

Yes strange indeed. Round 2 applicants should apply for scholoarships when selected for interviews because the deadline is 22 aug, which is before your final decision.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone,

I just got my first interview today. It took place in the bar of a 5 star hotel in Paris and lasted 2.5h!

Interviewer was from an HR background and created his own company doing HR consulting, coaching and Talent management.

Was a very relax discussion, he didn't try to make it difficult or make me feel uncomfortable, and we covered all the classics:
- walk through resume
- describe company/position, explain market where you work
- justify career choices
- what I learnt in each of my experiences
- why an MBA?
- why now? why not earlier?
- why not an EMBA later?
- why INSEAD compared to other European programs?
- what other programs I applied to?
- what to do after INSEAD? what to do if not accepted?
- any extra-curricular activities
- what I would bring to INSEAD alumni

Being from an HR background we spent a lot of time discussing about career evolution inside my company (who initiated promotions, how proactive initiatives by employees were handled) and also HR policy regarding management of headcounts, international mobility, ways future talents are identified, trained, coached and promoted.

I've asked a few questions about INSEAD and the experience he gained from his MBA.

Despite what INSEAD or others said, none of my interviewers actually matches my professional background (other one is in Insurance). Spoke with AN who explained to me it was quite challenging for her to find alumni accepting to run interviews in August in France as many people are on holidays.

She also said the Admission committee would take place first week of September, so we shouldn't expect any answer before this date.

Good luck to all those going through the interview process right now.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD
WE 1: Manufacturing - Toys
WE 2: Education Services
WE 3: Media & Event Planning

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2012, 11:15
This post received
KUDOS
..... and the waiting game continues. Only a month to go.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 01:15
Just done with both of my interviews. Both interviewers had a very different professional background. It was definitely not a good/bad cop & junior/senior structure as both of my interviewers were rather senior but really relaxed and friendly. Also, both of them gave me immediate positive feedback. Interviews lasted a bit more than an hour. The questions on which I felt they put strong emphasis are:

- What will you contribute to INSEAD?
- Why did you choose INSEAD over U.S. schools?
- Why don't you try to achieve your goals without MBA?
- How good are you at other languages?

They did not evaluate me on my leadership experience at all.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS, INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 10:53
I had a very similar experience as Ipjan. Both of my interviewers were really casual and at no point did they try to make me feel uncomfortable. Both interviews lasted over an hour and I felt that questions were mostly focused on my fit and passion with INSEAD –

- why INSEAD? why January start?
- what does an INSEAD MBA mean to you?
- what can you bring to the INSEAD community? (in a non-professional way)
- how is INSEAD going to help you achieve your goals?

I was surprised at how little questions were asked on my professional background/leadership experience. And neither of the interviewers asked for my essays or resume. I blatantly asked for feedbacks after the interviews and they both gave very positive comments. – one of them even said he’d be surprised if I don’t get accepted.

Just be honest with your answers and you should be fine.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 02:40
Hey guys!

Just came across this thread today.

I finished my interviews by 2 August and am currently waiting to know whether I got admitted - still three more weeks to go!

Like a couple of you guys in the thread, I also got an email about the application of scholarships. It is pretty odd applying for them when you still don't know the status of your application, but c'est la vie.

All the best to everyone who have yet to go for their interviews - just be yourself and RELAX! (though I know it's easier said than done!)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 14:06
I have also finished both interviews!

Less than 1 month to the final decision!

Fingers crossed for all of us!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2012, 02:04
is anyone else having issues with the scholarship application....? 3 days in a row it logs me out automatically and does not save any of my info.... really frustrating...
good luck to all that are waiting for round 2 decisions.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" Darwin

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2012, 22:11
Yea... i was getting the same issues last week. Somehow the website keeps logging me off and nothing is saved.

kudos if you like me (or my post) :P

Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Singapore Management University - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.83

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 03:40
I just submitted my app for R3 Jan 2013. I only applied to INSEAD for this cycle and I hope to get in.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, IESE

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 04:47
This post received
KUDOS
adalfu and djslobo

you have to submit the application no matter what stage you're in. then you can keep going back and modifying it. your changes will get saved

hope this helps

V
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
WE: Account Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 10:09
I just submitted my application for R3. Going to be a long month.......
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 11:30
This post received
KUDOS
i had similar issue, not sure if this is the issue you guys are getting, the scholarship application says session timed out and nothing was saved. What I did, i fill up everything with some random input quickly and save the application, then I start editing each entry with the right input and save from time to time. I managed to finish the application this way. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2012, 05:50
R3 applications submitted last week and got the confirmation that it was complete. I put all my eggs in one basket this round so now its time to sit back and hope all goes well. Good luck everyone.

Profile:
27y/o American, 4 years work experience in Germany (Engineering/Petrochemicals), 710 gmat
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 05:36
Things are moving !

already two persons admitted from the R1 waitlist for January 2013
insead-waitlist-january-2013-intake-135317.html

finally the end of that horrible waiting that lasted during two months...
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 09:54
Guys, any news about final decision for R2 applicants?
Maybe Adcom has already started calling?

10 days before deadline...
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 13:56
alexpiers wrote:
Guys, any news about final decision for R2 applicants?
Maybe Adcom has already started calling?

10 days before deadline...

No news from my end. It's way too early... deadline day is on September 7th.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 14:01
Since the waitlist started moving, R2 decisions should start trickling out next week, probably Tuesday onwards, good luck to all!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 16:41
Can anyone advise on how many Australians have been accepted from R1 (based on the MBAConnect stats)?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2012, 16:41