Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Human Resources (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
hey folks,

Does INSEAD grant admissions to waitlisted candidates on a rolling-basis, or do they do it in segmented waves (e.g., after a round)?

The class is sitting at 450... doesn't look good for waitlisted applicants or R3 applicants :(

good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.24
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Geography wrote:
hey folks,

Does INSEAD grant admissions to waitlisted candidates on a rolling-basis, or do they do it in segmented waves (e.g., after a round)?

The class is sitting at 450... doesn't look good for waitlisted applicants or R3 applicants :(

good luck everyone!

Hey @Geography... If that is the case, then do you have any idea how many people are going to get an interview invite approximately? I just want to know that does it reduce the chances of making it through the interview for R3 applicants? Or will they invite fewer candidates and thus maintain the acceptance ratio....?
I have got the interview contacts and e-mailed both of them today. I haven't heard back from either yet... but perhaps I am just being impatient.

I don't see much activity on this forum from R3 applicants.... this was much more active during R1 and R2 (I just went through the entire post now in order to gain an insight into the interview process ).
Wots up people?! 8-)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.24
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey @Majdeegans - Thanks. I waited for R3 coz I thought I wasn't as well prepared for R1 and R2. I just hope it doesn't reduce my chances in any way.
I am 28/F/Indian/Gmat - 720/ IT -Business Analyst background in the technology team of investment banks.
I am all nerves and trying hard to stay positive and prepare for the interviews...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I'm not saying R3 isn't more selective but if you made it to the interviews I think you have as good of a chance as any.

I was in the same boat and couldn't apply earlier because I was not prepared for rounds 1 and 2 and I did not take my GMAT until August 5th. The only thing to do now is to ace the interviews and figure out financing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
To all the R3s invited to interview: don't be stressed on the 450+ current admitted figure (468 this evening on MBAConnect). Remember that we are still quite far from the first installment deadline for R2s - which should be at the end of the first week of October.
Quoting majdeegans, INSEAD doesn't like to waste people's time :).

Keep calm and... be yourself in the interviews!!! ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
majdeegans wrote:
I am a round 3 applicant with an interview invite as well.

Let's just assume that the INSEAD adcom is not in the business of wasting people's time. If that's the case then this year's round 3 will be the same as all of the other years. They invite a certain number of people for interviews and from those they choose a certain percentage, waitlist a certain percentage, etc. They wouldn't schedule interviews with alumni all over the world just to go through the motions and in the end accept only a few. And I don't buy the fact that they are waitlisting a greater percentage or accepting a lower percentage of R3 applicants this year. I think the waitlist and R3 chances of acceptance are exactly the same as they were every year before.

Only the adcom knows the numbers but there's no chance anything's randomly changed this year or that they got trigger happy in the first rounds. Maybe they have been experiencing subpar R3 applicant pools over the past years and now they are accepting fewer in R3 but no chance the percentage changes.

Good luck with your interviews!

Hi Majdeegans, can you please clarify what you mean by "this year's round 3 will be the same as all of the other years" - what have the chances for R3 applicants been historically who have been selected for an interview? Thanks!

I have been selected for an interview but just nervous about my chances - 26/F/Indian (international work experience in the East and West, not in India). My GMAT score is on the lower end but I have quality work experience all over the world and a fantastic undergraduate GPA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
@Tdotgirl27

Unfortunately I don't have INSEAD's numbers or historical data so I cannot answer your question. My statement was only addressing a few posts speculating that the R3's and waitlisted candidates for this intake had a lesser chance due to the high number of current admits that had been posted. IMHO, INSEAD has a clearly defined admissions strategy (whatever it may be) and they adhere to it. I doubt they just wing it year to year. I don't want to speculate here but I believe that INSEAD has an exact target number for each round with a defined percentage acceptance rate after the interviews (plus or minus of course) and this year will be the same.

That being said, congratulations on your interview invite! I am sure you have a great chance of acceptance now that you have made it through the first round. They obviously like what you have to offer so just be honest and confident when you represent yourself at the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
majdeegans wrote:
@Tdotgirl27

Unfortunately I don't have INSEAD's numbers or historical data so I cannot answer your question. My statement was only addressing a few posts speculating that the R3's and waitlisted candidates for this intake had a lesser chance due to the high number of current admits that had been posted. IMHO, INSEAD has a clearly defined admissions strategy (whatever it may be) and they adhere to it. I doubt they just wing it year to year. I don't want to speculate here but I believe that INSEAD has an exact target number for each round with a defined percentage acceptance rate after the interviews (plus or minus of course) and this year will be the same.

That being said, congratulations on your interview invite! I am sure you have a great chance of acceptance now that you have made it through the first round. They obviously like what you have to offer so just be honest and confident when you represent yourself at the interview.

Thanks Majdeegans for your quick response and good luck to you as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
could someone please post the total admit number so far? of which how many are from UK?

any R2 waitlists got the admit call yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
originalak wrote:
could someone please post the total admit number so far? of which how many are from UK?

Hello

As of today there are 477 admits of which 18 British. Please note that most of them have more than one citizenship.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear, its never over

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
originalak wrote:

477 total admits and 18 from the UK (of which at least half are dual or triple citizens)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hamadah1 wrote:
originalak wrote:

Hello

As of today there are 477 admits of which 18 British. Please note that most of them have more than one citizenship.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear, its never over

Cheers

Beat me to it by seconds!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks hamadah1 & snbury! appreciate the quick responses.

am waitlisted from R2 and don't think things are looking too good at this stage.. haven't heard any R2 waitlisters been accepted yet, and not too many positions left to fill!

waiting is the real killer........ it's that last morsel of hope that still remains...........
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Can someone post the number of Brazilians and Latin America?

R2 Waitlist too ... things do not look good.

If I am not called in R3 deadline, I don't think it will happen.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
snbury wrote:
originalak wrote:

477 total admits and 18 from the UK (of which at least half are dual or triple citizens)

Hi folks, I'm sitting on the waitlist too. I think Oct 11 or that week should be the key week to watch out for - Some of the waitlisters from Round 1 were accepted 2 weeks before Round 2 acceptances went out.

Does anyone know how many seats are available in INSEAD's January cycle? I've see "500" floating around.

Also, does anyone know when the Deposit date is for Round 2's accepted candidates?

Thanks!
Good to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Geography wrote:
snbury wrote:
originalak wrote:

Hi folks, I'm sitting on the waitlist too. I think Oct 11 or that week should be the key week to watch out for - Some of the waitlisters from Round 1 were accepted 2 weeks before Round 2 acceptances went out.

Does anyone know how many seats are available in INSEAD's January cycle? I've see "500" floating around.

Also, does anyone know when the Deposit date is for Round 2's accepted candidates?

Thanks!
Good to all!

The deadline for the round 2 accepted candidate (deposit payment) is October 5th.

Good luck ..You re still in it

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
snbury wrote:
originalak wrote:

Could you also post the number of Malaysians, Singaporeans, Vietnamese as well?
Have several friends also stuck on the waitlist... =(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts