Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Insead 3rd Round (Jan '13) - What are my chances?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Insead 3rd Round (Jan '13) - What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 00:36
At the time of matriculation ...

American
GMAT - 720
University of Rhode Island - gpa 3.3
BSc. Mechanical Engineering
BA German Language
Fluent in English and German
4.5 years as a project engineer at a small company in Germany specializing in project management of petrochemical plants. Last 2 years f..ocusing on business development in Ghana and USA.
International Exposure - semester abroad in Germany, Internship abroad in Germany, 4.5 years abroad in Germany
Work related travel - 10 - 15% out of the office - Trinidad&Tobago, Houston USA, Ghana, Oman (1 month), London, Milan, Hungary, etc.
Extracurricular - Relatively weak - Tennis club, member of the board for an annual European exhibition related to my field of work
Aspirations - international business development in Oil and gas, petrochemicals, energy, etc.

What are my chances of getting accepted into Insead (Jan '13) with a third round application?

How could I improve my chances or should I look elsewhere?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 37

Re: Insead 3rd Round (Jan '13) - What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 01:05
I'm not sure, but I'm really rooting for you! Why do you want an MBA and why INSEAD? I'm sure it's always helpful to further solidify your story.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Insead 3rd Round (Jan '13) - What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 01:36
Thanks!

Insead because of the international presence they promote as well as the condensed 1 year curriculum. MBA to push me away from the technical side towards the management and development side.
Re: Insead 3rd Round (Jan '13) - What are my chances?   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2012, 01:36