Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 3

INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 05:55
Hi all,

I am planning to visit the INSEAD In-House event on 12th March (this Friday). Thought of asking around here if anyone else is visiting as well ? Would be good to catch up.

I would also like to put in a request to all INSEADers on the GMAT Club:
- Would it be possible to meet you at or after the In-House Event ?

Thanks in advance.

http://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-campus-visit-debrief-91669.html#p702796

If you like my post, consider giving me a kudos. THANKS!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD R1 D'11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 06:13
Just a suggestion - the official open day schedule with bus transfer leaves no time to view the campus or the town itself.

I'm not sure whether this is intentional (I've heard the campus itself isn't particularly special) or due to time constraints, but if you're considering living in Fontainebleau at some point I'd recommend taking some extra time to view the town and campus while you're there. I certainly wish I had.

On the other hand, I was glad to meet fellow prospective applicants as well as students, so that was a big plus.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Monkeypunch MBA Blog | GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 05:08
Hey Monkeypunch,

Thanks for the tips. I plan to stay back in the city post 8 pm and have a walk around the campus as well. The last train to paris is at 23:31 and I guess I have enought time to look around.

A quick question ??
Did you meet someone from the adcom ? Are they open to discussing your candidacy ?

Thanks in advance.

Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD R1 D'11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2010, 05:40
msunny wrote:
Did you meet someone from the adcom ? Are they open to discussing your candidacy ?

I actually wish I had, but I mostly talked to fellow aspirants and existing students.

Adcom are certainly around for introductions and a chat, but most of the format is standing in reception / cocktail rooms with a crowd of people, so I'm not sure if there is much opportunity to get into personal details. It certainly can't hurt to introduce yourself and try to get some feedback.

Monkeypunch MBA Blog | GMAT Debrief

Intern
Intern
Schools: Attending IE Nov 2010
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 06:40
Hi all,
I plan to be there, but perhaps a few minutes late. I'm renting a car upon arrival at CDG at 1:10 and trying to drive straight there. I plan to stay one extra day in Fontainebleau to check out the town. My name's Josh - feel free to look for me if you'll be there.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 03:57
The In-house event at INSEAD was great. Very well organized and very informational. Will write a small debrief if interest exists.

@Josh
I just saw your post. I met 2-3 MBA applicants at the event and you were one of them. I am the Indian-German Automotive guy. All the best for you IMD interview.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Attending IE Nov 2010
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 04:39
msunny wrote:
The In-house event at INSEAD was great. Very well organized and very informational. Will write a small debrief if interest exists.

@Josh
I just saw your post. I met 2-3 MBA applicants at the event and you were one of them. I am the Indian-German Automotive guy. All the best for you IMD interview.

Small world indeed. Yes, it was great meeting you.

The master class was quite interesting, and I found the information session quite helpful. I would certainly recommend the in-house event to anyone who is in the area and can attend one.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010 [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 10:06
@msunny, please do write the debrief. I haven't seen any report on these in-house events @ INSEAD. It would be valuable to everyone. thanks

msunny wrote:

@Josh
Re: INSEAD Campus visit on 12th March 2010   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2010, 10:06