Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 09:05
mbanalyst, the total no. of Indians admitted is 52 as of now, and the total admits is 451.

Good luck to you!

mbanalyst wrote:
Thanks Kelkim for the update!

Can you please let me know the no. of indians as of now?.....I can guess my chances from this...;)
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 10:38
I was on the WL from R2, and I got admitted too!

I've been following this thread for a bit, and after I read the post from Mistersam, I got really antsy and decided to take matters into my own hands -- I gave my coordinator a call, and asked for the waitlist status. She (CT) asked for my name, and then she told me that I was in! I swear, I barely could hear her because my heart was throbbing from all the excitement, but I remember hearing her say that I would get a confirmation e-mail later in the week. Frankly, I still wasn't sure that I was in until I got it in writing!

Anyway, my point is, if you are real anxious, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to give your coordinator a call. Perhaps you're already in, but your coordinator just hasn't gotten around to calling you yet. :P

Thank you for all your valuable input and support on this thread!
Congrats to all who have been admitted. To those still waiting, don't lose hope!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 10:41
kelkim wrote:
mbanalyst, the total no. of Indians admitted is 52 as of now, and the total admits is 451.

Good luck to you!

mbanalyst wrote:
Thanks Kelkim for the update!

Can you please let me know the no. of indians as of now?.....I can guess my chances from this...;)

Thanks Kelkim!

I think this means curtains for indians on waitlist....i dont think there will be much movement now as some waitlist calls were sent out yesterday and today....surprisingly no movement on waitlist was reported from one of the biggest nationality representation (indians, we are everywhere in big nos..:))....and i think adcom is done for this round..... next movement (i expect very little) will happen after R3 first installment deadline AND/OR after second installment deadline.....:(....what do you guys think/suggest?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 10:57
Congratulations to all who have been admitted!
I am still hanging on.
Did anyone hear from GS (the coordinator)?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 18:55
I got an email last Thursday.

Background: Chinese/Male/IT/WE 7 Years/G710/T110

Thank you all those who have encouraged us and good luck to all those who are still waiting..
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 00:18
Congrats to all those who have cleared the Waitlist.

Most R3 admits/ WL clears would not have got the MBAConnect logins yet. The final number of admits must stabilize by the end of next week. It is very much likely that the Adcom would have filled in all the 500 seats by now. Any more movement of the Waitlist will be subject to the number of people declining the admits. From the R1 and R2 statistics, I do not expect more than 10-15 dropouts, which means only another 10-15 of the Waitlisters will get admit offers.

Some admits might be R1 applicants to US B-schools. Most of the R1 notifications of US B-schools are clustered around Dec-15.

We must see some movement of the waitlist in mid-Nov (after R3 payment deadline) and in mid-Dec (after US B-school results). Though, I am not sure whether I will be able to arrange the visa, financing and accomodation within a month's notice even if I get an admit notice in mid-Dec.

All the best to all fellow waitlisters.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 07:36
I haven't checked this thread a little while, but I am happy to see many received admits now. Contratulations to all who have been admitted!! And, HankScorpio, I am very happy to know you finally admitted!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the compus.. ;)

To those in the WL, keep your hope up until last minute! Some people in the past actually received admits only a few weeks before the course started.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 07:04
Congratulations to all the waitlist people that were able to convert. I got an Email for CT last week asking if I was still interested in being on waitlist, which is strange since I never said I wanted to be on the waitlist in the first place. Strange :D

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, IE, INSEAD, LBS, MIT

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 10:15
Hi

Could any admitted post the current number of accepted applicants? Number of Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian and Russian, please?

Btw, any R3 applicant dinged?

Many thanks in advance and good luck to waitlisted!

Mujko
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 11:17
Could any of the admits please post a total number and M/F breakdown of Koreans?

Thanks a lot!!!

@Mujko, I saw 1 ding post in the INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE thread from a R3 applicant last week.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 18:57
primee wrote:
Could any of the admits please post a total number and M/F breakdown of Koreans?

Thanks a lot!!!

506 admits

Koreans
3 F
1 M

hang in there and good luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 01:24
I got an admit mail from IE business school!
No news so far from my coordinator from INSEAD...so guess time to bid adieu to the WL..
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 03:22
hsourabh wrote:
I got an admit mail from IE business school!
No news so far from my coordinator from INSEAD...so guess time to bid adieu to the WL..

Hsourabh

congratulations! IE seems to be a good school, based on the rankings. Also the weather should be nicer in Spain.

I browsed a few forums and blogs of insead waitlisters and figured the following:

- people either don't report on admits from WL after Oct-15, or there's really few of them

- major WL movements (rejections mostly) happen in Dec-10 - Dec-15.... obviously it's when it becomes clear who pays and who doesn't.

- almost nothing happens in October and November, despite there's a deadline on Deposit for R3 admits. It seems everyone from R3 pays.

- Some of the payments must happen not on Dec-11, but before that - on Nov-26. So if you decide to press the decision out of adcom ASAP - that's the date.

- Some re-applicants who previously were waitlisted re-applied, but weren't all successful - some were aplpied, some weren't and some WL-ed again. That's in contrast to something one might think: if I'm WL-ed before in R3, I certainly will get in later in R1 or R2.

Otherwise chances seem to be too slim, especially given that there're 506 admits already. I would recommend to change the frame of mind from "there's still a chance" to "there's almost no chances, I will stay on the waitlist just in case, otherwise I'm entirely on my plan B"

Good luck to everyone (and... the waitlister ARE the real stars! :))
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, IE, INSEAD, LBS, MIT

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 11:01
Hi,

Any update on MBA connect? Russian, Serbian, Romanian?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 17:55
Hi all,
I just want to touch base with everyone still waiting, and get an idea of how many of us are out there and still following this forum. I was an R2 applicant, Canadian(German)/29/m/7 yrs in engineering/700. Like the rest of you, Im bracing for Plan B. Anyone else?
Cheers
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 18:35
sanslimites wrote:
Hi all,
I just want to touch base with everyone still waiting, and get an idea of how many of us are out there and still following this forum. I was an R2 applicant, Canadian(German)/29/m/7 yrs in engineering/700. Like the rest of you, Im bracing for Plan B. Anyone else?
Cheers

Hello! I'm a R3 candidate. I'm moving to my plan B, since I think the chances are pretty small at that time. Anyway I will send some updates to Insead and keep in the waiting list until the very end.
Brazilian/32/F/10 years investor relations/700
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 00:27
sanslimites wrote:
Hi all,
Cheers

Hi, i'm still hanging in, although I am working on my plan B and going to take my self off the waitlist soon.

I think there will be some movement at around 10-15 of Nov. Since there will be some dropouts among the accepted R3 candidates (I'd say 5-10 out of 100 admits). What do you reckon?

Not sure how many people were left in the waitlist. But my impression was that most of WL-ers of R1 and R2 were admitted in October.

Regards!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 01:15
Hey Waitlisters!
I am a R3 Jan 11 applicant who has been relegated to the waitlist. It seems 516 offers have already been made. I am going to hang on till the end as I have nothing to lose. I was rejected by HEC which happened to be my Plan B. Based on previous postings I believe there will be some movement around Dec end, when the big deposit is due. Keep the faith people, while proceeding with your back up plans!
Current Student
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 01:30
Mujko wrote:
Hi,

Any update on MBA connect? Russian, Serbian, Romanian?

Thank you!

519 admits
14 russian
2 serbian
10 romanian

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:34
Hi to all,

I just received an e-mail several hours ago that I'm in! I wish good luck to all that are still waiting! I had started considering my non-existent plan B for a couple of weeks now, but it seems you shouldn't really give up until the very last moment. Thanks to all who've contributed to this post and all the best! For the record, I'm Bulgarian, M, 26, WE in Real Estate Development.

Regards,
Maxim
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2010, 13:34