Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Nov 2014, 13:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD evaluation (how can I address leaving IB early?)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

INSEAD evaluation (how can I address leaving IB early?) [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2014, 09:50
Hi,
I’m looking to apply for INSEAD for September 2015 intake, my profile is as follows. I will also be hiring an admission consultant in order to maximize my chances and address the weaknesses in my application, how much does that cost for one application to INSEAD (only school I’m interested in).
- 29-year old white male
- Dual citizen (Austrian and Danish)
- B.Sc. in Economics from University of Indiana; GPA: 3.9/4.0
- 4-year varsity athlete at university and member of U-22 national team for relatively „small“ sport during university
- Besides sports (purely as a hobby) no extra-curricular activities after university due to workload
- CFA charter holder
- GMAT: >700 (will take GMAT in two weeks, will a 750 make a large difference compared to a 750, if yes, I might push harder)
- Languages: Native in German and Danish, fluent in English, basic in Spanish (aiming to be fluent at the start of INSEAD, see below)
- Work experience (oldest first):
o Various internships in Chicago, New York and London
o 2 years in middle-market investment banking in London as analyst (tier-2 firm), top-ranked the first year
o 3 years in middle-market private equity in Frankfurt (tier-2 firm), promoted after 2 years from associate to VP
- Motivation:
o Want to move into a general management role at a corporate
- Weaknesses:
o Will leave private equity firm in August in order to travel the world for one year and learn Spanish fluently, no other activities planned besides enjoying life (I’ve never had opportunity to travel for a prolonged period of time due to commitment to sports)
o Left investment banking 6 month early in order to join a private equity fundraising company, was a big mistake, luckily I was able to get into private equity after 6 months
Best,
Olaf
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes