Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 612 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 612 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
bhatiagp wrote:
acer2knight wrote:

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?

INSEAD is one of the few schools which doesnt release these statistics. On this thread, I have read that there is a 50% cut in every list, which means the acceptance is about 25% avg, but this is hear say and not official input.

On indians the last September class has about 50 indians. For Jan intake, based on inputs on this forum, felt that there were fewer waitlists in R1 in comparison to that in R2.

I am sure it is difficult to get some official stats around this. But I felt most of the aspirants prefer January cycle since you have an option of summer internship. Since most of the aspirants indeed want to switch their sectors it really makes sense to apply in January cycle. Is my understanding right here?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
acer2knight wrote:
bhatiagp wrote:
acer2knight wrote:

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?

INSEAD is one of the few schools which doesnt release these statistics. On this thread, I have read that there is a 50% cut in every list, which means the acceptance is about 25% avg, but this is hear say and not official input.

On indians the last September class has about 50 indians. For Jan intake, based on inputs on this forum, felt that there were fewer waitlists in R1 in comparison to that in R2.

I am sure it is difficult to get some official stats around this. But I felt most of the aspirants prefer January cycle since you have an option of summer internship. Since most of the aspirants indeed want to switch their sectors it really makes sense to apply in January cycle. Is my understanding right here?

I dont think so. Students prefer the Septemeber intake as much because of the option to be simultaneously applying to other schools , and getting into their preferred school. This isnt the case with the Jan intake. Also both intakes have the same intake in terms of number of students. Only the admissions office at INSEAD can provide some clarity on this. But my understanding is that not everyone wants to do an internship. And getting an paid internship opportunity for two months is not easy as well and quite a challenge especially in the consulting industry, because they generally prefer a longer stint.

Originally posted by bhatiagp on 21 Sep 2010, 05:06.
Last edited by bhatiagp on 21 Sep 2010, 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Insead - Jan 2011 R3
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Guys, I have a question that I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am an R3 applicant, I will be giving both my interviews over the next week.

Unfortunately, I need to inform my company whether I will be leaving in January by October 5/6. However, since the R3 decision deadline is October 15, I will not know by then. Is it reasonable to request earlier processing from my coordinator? Is this something they would be willing to do under these circumstances?

I would appreciate any inputs...thanks for the help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Erysthemes wrote:
Guys, I have a question that I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am an R3 applicant, I will be giving both my interviews over the next week.

Unfortunately, I need to inform my company whether I will be leaving in January by October 5/6. However, since the R3 decision deadline is October 15, I will not know by then. Is it reasonable to request earlier processing from my coordinator? Is this something they would be willing to do under these circumstances?

I would appreciate any inputs...thanks for the help!

You could talk to your coordinator about it. However they will probably use the standard company line that all admission packages will be reviewed starting October 1st once they've received everyone's interview reports. From what I understand, the saga might not end on October 15th and could get dragged out till later if waitlisted. You might be able to force their hand with an admit or nothing request... Still I feel they like to weigh all their options before they select students.

No harm in trying is my opinion... then again, that's just my opinion.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BTW - Anyone try to cut out essays from the INSEAD app for and only send the profile portion? The file seems to be encrypted and I've tried from photoshop to screen shots, but can't get anything working.

Thoughts? Of course, worst case, i'll send the whole packet before the interview, but I was curious if anyone managed it otherwise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
careerchange wrote:
BTW - Anyone try to cut out essays from the INSEAD app for and only send the profile portion? The file seems to be encrypted and I've tried from photoshop to screen shots, but can't get anything working.

Thoughts? Of course, worst case, i'll send the whole packet before the interview, but I was curious if anyone managed it otherwise.

On the email from adcom, it mentions that you may print out the profile section and fax it to your interviewer. Alternatively, you could also scan it and send it as an attachment to them.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PoojaKhetan wrote:
careerchange wrote:

On the email from adcom, it mentions that you may print out the profile section and fax it to your interviewer. Alternatively, you could also scan it and send it as an attachment to them.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Pooja; I tried the scan version and it looked real bad. So I decided to send even my essays and maybe they'll serve as a talking point. I wasn't sure if being able to read the essays would create a preconceived notion of my personality in the interviewer's mind and sway his questioning accordingly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if admit notification for R3 will only be released on the 15 Oct or can it, in some cases, be earlier than that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Friends - For the benefit of WL'ed candidates, can someone share the lastest count on MBA Connect.

Thanks - KC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
adigoras wrote:
Does anyone know if admit notification for R3 will only be released on the 15 Oct or can it, in some cases, be earlier than that?

Can't wait, eh? Fully understand you, had my interviews two weeks ago and the wait now is indeed stressful :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey all,

This thread has provided a lot of valuable insight. I've submitted my application for Sep 2011 entry. Good luck to you all :)

M/27/5yrs WE in Operations Management and Management Consulting/Electrical Engineering + Economics Dual/710/Asian American
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
The Scholarship results for some categories may have been announced today. Any luck for any of us here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BiGi wrote:
adigoras wrote:

Can't wait, eh? Fully understand you, had my interviews two weeks ago and the wait now is indeed stressful :)

Indeed, the waiting game is quite nerve-racking isn't it. Could someone shed a light on the actual start date of classes/orientation in January please?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just finished my interviews....Hope it is not too late...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Any ideas on nos on MBAConnect now that we're past the Oct 1st deadline? How many students have accepted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the news today : waitlisted.

Anybody else having heard of something?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70