Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 09:25
PoojaKhetan wrote:
Hi all!

Can anyone from the admitted R2 students share when the deposit deadline is for them? I'm guessing some time soon?


Oct 1st is the deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 317
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 09:27
adage2000 wrote:
acer2knight wrote:
Hello all,

I am applied for R1 September 2011 Intake and I received a application mail completion from Stefanie today. Application deadline is September 29 , 2010.

And any idea how long will it be before they intimate you their decision? Do I have to wait till the deadline which is Nov 5?

The other thread opened September 2011 has been very mediocre hence posting in this thread ...thanks in advance


Hello acer2knight,
INSEAD usually gives its decision within the 2-3 days prior to the decision day. Many candidates also get a response (positive or negative) on the decision day.


Excellent!!!!

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 00:15
acer2knight wrote:

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?


INSEAD is one of the few schools which doesnt release these statistics. On this thread, I have read that there is a 50% cut in every list, which means the acceptance is about 25% avg, but this is hear say and not official input.

On indians the last September class has about 50 indians. For Jan intake, based on inputs on this forum, felt that there were fewer waitlists in R1 in comparison to that in R2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 317
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 00:36
bhatiagp wrote:
acer2knight wrote:

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?


INSEAD is one of the few schools which doesnt release these statistics. On this thread, I have read that there is a 50% cut in every list, which means the acceptance is about 25% avg, but this is hear say and not official input.

On indians the last September class has about 50 indians. For Jan intake, based on inputs on this forum, felt that there were fewer waitlists in R1 in comparison to that in R2.


I am sure it is difficult to get some official stats around this. But I felt most of the aspirants prefer January cycle since you have an option of summer internship. Since most of the aspirants indeed want to switch their sectors it really makes sense to apply in January cycle. Is my understanding right here?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 04:06
acer2knight wrote:
bhatiagp wrote:
acer2knight wrote:

Any idea what is the acceptance ratio in general at INSEAD? Applied: Short Listed to Interview : Final Selection?
And in specific for Indians does any one have any insight on the above stat?


INSEAD is one of the few schools which doesnt release these statistics. On this thread, I have read that there is a 50% cut in every list, which means the acceptance is about 25% avg, but this is hear say and not official input.

On indians the last September class has about 50 indians. For Jan intake, based on inputs on this forum, felt that there were fewer waitlists in R1 in comparison to that in R2.


I am sure it is difficult to get some official stats around this. But I felt most of the aspirants prefer January cycle since you have an option of summer internship. Since most of the aspirants indeed want to switch their sectors it really makes sense to apply in January cycle. Is my understanding right here?


I dont think so. Students prefer the Septemeber intake as much because of the option to be simultaneously applying to other schools , and getting into their preferred school. This isnt the case with the Jan intake. Also both intakes have the same intake in terms of number of students. Only the admissions office at INSEAD can provide some clarity on this. But my understanding is that not everyone wants to do an internship. And getting an paid internship opportunity for two months is not easy as well and quite a challenge especially in the consulting industry, because they generally prefer a longer stint.

Last edited by bhatiagp on 21 Sep 2010, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 04:07
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 5
Location: Mumbai, India
Schools: Insead - Jan 2011 R3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 01:54
Guys, I have a question that I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am an R3 applicant, I will be giving both my interviews over the next week.

Unfortunately, I need to inform my company whether I will be leaving in January by October 5/6. However, since the R3 decision deadline is October 15, I will not know by then. Is it reasonable to request earlier processing from my coordinator? Is this something they would be willing to do under these circumstances?

I would appreciate any inputs...thanks for the help!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 01:59
Erysthemes wrote:
Guys, I have a question that I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am an R3 applicant, I will be giving both my interviews over the next week.

Unfortunately, I need to inform my company whether I will be leaving in January by October 5/6. However, since the R3 decision deadline is October 15, I will not know by then. Is it reasonable to request earlier processing from my coordinator? Is this something they would be willing to do under these circumstances?

I would appreciate any inputs...thanks for the help!


You could talk to your coordinator about it. However they will probably use the standard company line that all admission packages will be reviewed starting October 1st once they've received everyone's interview reports. From what I understand, the saga might not end on October 15th and could get dragged out till later if waitlisted. You might be able to force their hand with an admit or nothing request... Still I feel they like to weigh all their options before they select students.

No harm in trying is my opinion... then again, that's just my opinion.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 13:22
BTW - Anyone try to cut out essays from the INSEAD app for and only send the profile portion? The file seems to be encrypted and I've tried from photoshop to screen shots, but can't get anything working.

Thoughts? Of course, worst case, i'll send the whole packet before the interview, but I was curious if anyone managed it otherwise.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2010, 09:04
careerchange wrote:
BTW - Anyone try to cut out essays from the INSEAD app for and only send the profile portion? The file seems to be encrypted and I've tried from photoshop to screen shots, but can't get anything working.

Thoughts? Of course, worst case, i'll send the whole packet before the interview, but I was curious if anyone managed it otherwise.


On the email from adcom, it mentions that you may print out the profile section and fax it to your interviewer. Alternatively, you could also scan it and send it as an attachment to them.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2010, 11:42
PoojaKhetan wrote:
careerchange wrote:
BTW - Anyone try to cut out essays from the INSEAD app for and only send the profile portion? The file seems to be encrypted and I've tried from photoshop to screen shots, but can't get anything working.

Thoughts? Of course, worst case, i'll send the whole packet before the interview, but I was curious if anyone managed it otherwise.


On the email from adcom, it mentions that you may print out the profile section and fax it to your interviewer. Alternatively, you could also scan it and send it as an attachment to them.

Hope this helps!


Thanks Pooja; I tried the scan version and it looked real bad. So I decided to send even my essays and maybe they'll serve as a talking point. I wasn't sure if being able to read the essays would create a preconceived notion of my personality in the interviewer's mind and sway his questioning accordingly.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2010, 18:15
Does anyone know if admit notification for R3 will only be released on the 15 Oct or can it, in some cases, be earlier than that?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2010, 18:18
Friends - For the benefit of WL'ed candidates, can someone share the lastest count on MBA Connect.

Thanks - KC
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2010, 00:02
adigoras wrote:
Does anyone know if admit notification for R3 will only be released on the 15 Oct or can it, in some cases, be earlier than that?


Can't wait, eh? Fully understand you, had my interviews two weeks ago and the wait now is indeed stressful :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2010, 09:45
Hey all,

This thread has provided a lot of valuable insight. I've submitted my application for Sep 2011 entry. Good luck to you all :)

M/27/5yrs WE in Operations Management and Management Consulting/Electrical Engineering + Economics Dual/710/Asian American
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2010, 00:16
The Scholarship results for some categories may have been announced today. Any luck for any of us here.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2010, 03:49
BiGi wrote:
adigoras wrote:
Does anyone know if admit notification for R3 will only be released on the 15 Oct or can it, in some cases, be earlier than that?


Can't wait, eh? Fully understand you, had my interviews two weeks ago and the wait now is indeed stressful :)


Indeed, the waiting game is quite nerve-racking isn't it. Could someone shed a light on the actual start date of classes/orientation in January please?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2010, 06:58
Just finished my interviews....Hope it is not too late...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 19:42
Any ideas on nos on MBAConnect now that we're past the Oct 1st deadline? How many students have accepted?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 01:49
Got the news today : waitlisted.

Anybody else having heard of something?
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2010, 01:49
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Differences in INSEAD September and January Intakes swissmix 2 23 Mar 2012, 11:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake aljatar 0 27 Jan 2011, 02:47
January 2011 intake? ayo 0 13 Aug 2010, 00:14
91 INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake happyls 1486 16 Jun 2010, 18:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70    Next  [ 1396 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.