Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 20:37
Quote:
Hi Suker, sm332.. Can you throw some light on your interview experience. You could give us some tips / useful links for the rest of the applicants. It would be really helpful. Thanks in advance


Check the september intake thread - I have writeups on my interview experiences.
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 22:58
sm332 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Suker, sm332.. Can you throw some light on your interview experience. You could give us some tips / useful links for the rest of the applicants. It would be really helpful. Thanks in advance


Check the september intake thread - I have writeups on my interview experiences.


Thank you
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 22:33
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH


Hi,

I have not received any confirmation mail on application package till now.

My documents had reached INSEAD on the 8th and I completed my online application on the 10th. But because INSEAD's payment system was down on 10th I was told by AdCom to make the payment the next day. I made the payment on 11th and replied to them seeking confirmation on my application package. Till now there has not been any mail from them!?
Do they inform candidates if something is missing in the application package? I hope the payment on 11th doesn't mar my chances in R1 :(

I don't know what to do, should I wait or should I drop a mail to them?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 22:58
jaiswalvivek wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH


Hi,

I have not received any confirmation mail on application package till now.

My documents had reached INSEAD on the 8th and I completed my online application on the 10th. But because INSEAD's payment system was down on 10th I was told by AdCom to make the payment the next day. I made the payment on 11th and replied to them seeking confirmation on my application package. Till now there has not been any mail from them!?
Do they inform candidates if something is missing in the application package? I hope the payment on 11th doesn't mar my chances in R1 :(

I don't know what to do, should I wait or should I drop a mail to them?



Hi Jaiswal, I would suggest you wait for two more days, till Tuesday evening. If you still do not hear anything from them, send a follow up email. I read in BW forum that the Adcom has time till 24-Mar-10 to respond if the appln is complete.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: Chartered Accountant
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 20
Schools: LBS (R2), Booth (R2)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 09:19
Hi all,

I got a reply from the adcom rep "HS" confirming that my application file is complete... man .. i feel relieved now...step 1 is done! 8-)

FYI ... I had couriered the docs through Fedex and they were delivered on the 8th of March...Submitted the application on the 10th of March...

Regards,
Varun
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 19:31
semaj wrote:
jaiswalvivek wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH


Hi,

I have not received any confirmation mail on application package till now.

My documents had reached INSEAD on the 8th and I completed my online application on the 10th. But because INSEAD's payment system was down on 10th I was told by AdCom to make the payment the next day. I made the payment on 11th and replied to them seeking confirmation on my application package. Till now there has not been any mail from them!?
Do they inform candidates if something is missing in the application package? I hope the payment on 11th doesn't mar my chances in R1 :(

I don't know what to do, should I wait or should I drop a mail to them?



Hi Jaiswal, I would suggest you wait for two more days, till Tuesday evening. If you still do not hear anything from them, send a follow up email. I read in BW forum that the Adcom has time till 24-Mar-10 to respond if the appln is complete.


Thanks Seemaj!

I received a confirmation mail yesterday evening. I feel much relieved now :)

Cheers,
Vivek
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 61
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 23:56
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated..
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 58
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 00:04
rishiphadke wrote:
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated..


Does it really matter? Would you really let a 'safe place' at Oxford slip away because of an interview invitation from INSEAD? Your chances would still only be about 50% ... quite risky imo.

Majority of interview invitations get sent out in the last 7 days before the interview notification deadline. The majority is sent out before the actual deadline.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 204
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 06:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
rishiphadke wrote:
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated..


Accept Oxford's offer and go ahead with INSEAD's interview. The dilemma will begin if/when you get an offer from INSEAD.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 10:26
levfin2003 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated..


Accept Oxford's offer and go ahead with INSEAD's interview. The dilemma will begin if/when you get an offer from INSEAD.


++
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 122
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 37

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 15:13
Admitted students: I wanted your opinion on how important do you think international work experience is for INSEAD? How many yrs (if at all) int work-ex did you have?
The form actually has a separate table for the applicant to list various int work experiences.
Is someone w/o any international WE at a disadvantage while applying?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2010, 17:52
whirlwind wrote:
Admitted students: I wanted your opinion on how important do you think international work experience is for INSEAD? How many yrs (if at all) int work-ex did you have?
The form actually has a separate table for the applicant to list various int work experiences.
Is someone w/o any international WE at a disadvantage while applying?


It certainly helps to have intl work exp - but it can be worked around if you have other intl experience or really compelling reasons for wanting intl exposure.
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying Now
Joined: 21 Nov 2009
Posts: 65
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2010, 14:26
I recently went to an Inhouse event and met a current student who had never been abroad. She worked in a managerial role in her home country and wanted to break into consulting. After coming to INSEAD, she changed her plans and now wants to join her family business.

I guess its all about selling yourself to the adcom. If you lack intl work ex, show international outlook through other means. Maybe you have international clients or suppliers. Just look around for examples where your inter cultural competence and international outlook come into play.

my 2 cents.
_________________

http://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-campus-visit-debrief-91669.html#p702796

If you like my post, consider giving me a kudos. THANKS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 43
Schools: Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 08:52
ppl, when can we expect to hear from INSEAD? Is it really will happen only on April the 16th?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 453
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 13:37
knfevg wrote:
ppl, when can we expect to hear from INSEAD? Is it really will happen only on April the 16th?


Yes - INSEAD is usually on or very close to deadline.
_________________

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 16:54
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 18:03
Hi everyone,

I'm an R1 applicant, eagerly awaiting the response to my app. If anyone is interested, I'm creating a tracker in google docs. If anyone wants to join in, send me a msg in private with your email address and I'll invite you to be able to edit the tracker. Don't post your email address in public, as that will invite spamming.

Good luck everyone!
_________________

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 19:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
ariel wrote:
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.


@ariel don't get everyone's hopes too far up - some wise words quoted from OMJ of the Sept 2010 thread:

OutOfMyJeans wrote:
INSEAD does not work on rolling basis. They will start reviewing all applications after the submission deadline for that round. INSEAD has traditionally released a few interview invites earlier (like 2 weeks before the interview notification deadline). However, 99% of the invites are extended in the last 2 days. And, the interview invite is always by e-mail and not by phone.

_________________

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 19:53
HankScorpio wrote:

@ariel don't get everyone's hopes too far up - some wise words quoted from OMJ of the Sept 2010 thread:

OutOfMyJeans wrote:
INSEAD does not work on rolling basis. They will start reviewing all applications after the submission deadline for that round. INSEAD has traditionally released a few interview invites earlier (like 2 weeks before the interview notification deadline). However, 99% of the invites are extended in the last 2 days. And, the interview invite is always by e-mail and not by phone.


Good to know - thanks for pasting this, HankScorpio.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 13
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 21:05
I have applied to INSEAD R1 Jan 2011 intake. I received an email from the Dean of the MBA programme explaning the Campus Exchange Bidding Programme and other current highlights. Anyone else get this email?
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2010, 21:05
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake aal286 73 06 Jun 2014, 09:40
4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake aljatar 0 27 Jan 2011, 02:47
January 2011 intake? ayo 0 13 Aug 2010, 00:14
91 INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake happyls 1486 16 Jun 2010, 18:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70    Next  [ 1396 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.