Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD'11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
crackfire2003 wrote:
Dinged!

People who got digned. Did you all receive feedback?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Nope no feedback just the usual on application process confidentiality and so we can't disclose why we dinged you!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Got an invite at 6am PST. Profile - male/indian/private equity (7yrs total WE)/strong undergrad but low GMAT. Can someone please tell the significance or insignificance of being "pre-selected"? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chartered Accountant
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:LBS (R2), Booth (R2)
 Q49  V34 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
hey guys,

got an invite as well.. M 26 / India / 720 (49 Q 40 V)

Chartered Accountant - 4 years WE till dec 09 in risk advisory and financial due diligence

Coord - HS
Intern
Intern
Concentration: entrepreneurship
Schools:INSEAD (Accepted 11J)
 Q45  V42
WE 1: 4 yrs Fortune 500
Send PM
Mine said "pre-selected" as well. Perhaps that means something special?

I think we'll know after the bulk of the invites come out tomorrow.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
db66460 wrote:
Got an invite at 6am PST. Profile - male/indian/private equity (7yrs total WE)/strong undergrad but low GMAT. Can someone please tell the significance or insignificance of being "pre-selected"? Thanks!

It doesnt mean anything beyond being invited to interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
shaselai wrote:
after reading some info on INSEAD i am very interested in it. How competitive would i be if i have:
2.93 undergrad EE & comp eng top 30 eng.
3.26 grad Compsci top 30 eng
5+ it experience
720 gmat?
knows 2 languages (1 being english obviously)

Shaselai - send me your email address and I will give you access to my insead jan 2011 intake spreadsheet, you can see profiles there of 20+ ppl that have been extended an interview invite. Your profile doesn't give much to go on - there are 4 areas you need to prove: academics (mainly from your gmat), international outlook (are you an expat? got lots of passports?), leadership (have you run teams? are you a networking guru?), and do you have something to bring to the table (how do you add diversity? this is the category that being a woman falls into, having a different career path, etc)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
shaselai wrote:
after reading some info on INSEAD i am very interested in it. How competitive would i be if i have:
2.93 undergrad EE & comp eng top 30 eng.
3.26 grad Compsci top 30 eng
5+ it experience
720 gmat?
knows 2 languages (1 being english obviously)

Shaselai - send me your email address and I will give you access to my insead jan 2011 intake spreadsheet, you can see profiles there of 20+ ppl that have been extended an interview invite. Your profile doesn't give much to go on - there are 4 areas you need to prove: academics (mainly from your gmat), international outlook (are you an expat? got lots of passports?), leadership (have you run teams? are you a networking guru?), and do you have something to bring to the table (how do you add diversity? this is the category that being a woman falls into, having a different career path, etc)

By the way shaselai, by no means are what I mentioned above the minimum. Your academics are probably good enough and the stuff I'm referring to are closer to the slam dunk. I've run international teams but I'm not an expat, I've travelled the world ... I speak two languages, have two passports, and I'm a bit more on the unique side, but what differentiates me from the harvard or stanford guy is that I don't have the pedigree employer (e.g. m/b/b; GS, etc) or the pedigree school (think top 10 school) nor have I saved the world, won an olympic gold medal, or served in a volunteer army after graduating from a pedigree school. Caliber of student-wise, Insead is probably an M7 level (below HSW of course, but the M7 are H/S/W/Columbia/Kellogg/Chicago/Sloan).

Hope that helps
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Congrats to everyone that made it!

Profiles?
ramanathanblue
rishiphadke
sinhadee
honus100

Thanks!
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Just tallied up the numbers. 42 invites between businessweek and gmatclub boards. Looks like the indian competition is tough, but I guess that's how it is every intake. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
Just tallied up the numbers. 42 invites between businessweek and gmatclub boards. Looks like the indian competition is tough, but I guess that's how it is every intake. Good luck!

Any hypothesis on whether the chances are better for R1? I interviewed for R2 last year and was placed on the waitlist till the very end - got a ding just 4 weeks before the course was to start. Realistically also, even if I was offered an admission on that date, there was no way I could have arranged for the finances, visa, etc. in under 4 weeks.

Also, how many Indians are usually selected on average in one batch? If there are any statistics around that, maybe we can assess our chances..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Kudos
rishiphadke wrote:
HankScorpio wrote:

Any hypothesis on whether the chances are better for R1? I interviewed for R2 last year and was placed on the waitlist till the very end - got a ding just 4 weeks before the course was to start. Realistically also, even if I was offered an admission on that date, there was no way I could have arranged for the finances, visa, etc. in under 4 weeks.

Also, how many Indians are usually selected on average in one batch? If there are any statistics around that, maybe we can assess our chances..

Based on the conversations I've had with the insead marketing ppl, anytime a group is over-represented, the earlier you apply the better. They will take only so many indian engineers or israeli lawyers. If you came up as waitlisted, then that's good evidence that you made their bar, but the quota for your specific profile of diversity was already in enough abundance for that promotion. Logically that makes sense - better to have one or two indian engineers than no indian engineers, but fifty could lower the overall diversity. As for indians in one batch, I don't know numbers, but for 11J (that's sept 2010 intake), the numbers as of the beginning of march were around 42. My suggestion would be to look at the sept thread and try to follow how many got in from R1 (the people that got admitted will have a view via MBAconnect) and how big the number got after R2, etc.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi all,

Ive received a mail from my coordinator stating the details of my first interviewer, who is based in my city. The mail says that i should arrange a date for the interview and revert to my coord with the date mutually agreed. It also says that "We will let you know later if we need to organise a second interview". - I was surprised by this as I thought 2 alumni interviews were the norm. Is there anything further to be read into this?

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategic Management
Schools:INSEAD (R1 waitlist), Cambridge (R2)
 Q47  V34
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
I also got an interview invite. My profile: GMAT 670, 5.5 yrs WE (4.5 yrs Intn'l exp), IT services consultant and project leader.

I am so happy (considering my low GMAT score) :)

I also have a low GMAT score. Though I am still thinking of retaking the GMAT. but at the moment I'm focusing myself on the essays.

I hope I can be as lucky as you are :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes..it means one of the two:
1. they think you are a really strong candidate and if the interview goes well=>you do not nee to go for a second interview

or

2. they simply can not find another alumni in the area where you live...
satyr2k wrote:
hi all,

Ive received a mail from my coordinator stating the details of my first interviewer, who is based in my city. The mail says that i should arrange a date for the interview and revert to my coord with the date mutually agreed. It also says that "We will let you know later if we need to organise a second interview". - I was surprised by this as I thought 2 alumni interviews were the norm. Is there anything further to be read into this?

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi praeto,

I wonder if point no 2 is the case because my interviewer is based in my city and is from an IT product sales background.

However i do know that there are insead alumni in bangalore, which is relatively close to where i stay, and had thought alumni working in finance profiles would get assigned to interview me.

Anyways, I have mailed my interviewer and hope to complete the process at the earliest.

All the best to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Hi all, I have received the details of my interviewer too. Does anyone know how the interview reports are sent to the AdCom for review? In other words, are they sent all at once or as and when ppl finish their interviews? I'm wondering whether it's important to schedule the interview early and how it affects your chances.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  70