Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 22:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 08:32
mbagal2010 wrote:
daniyatom wrote:
mbagal and those who haven't heard about the 2nd interview - any updates? who is your coordinator? i am still waiting for mine.

I haven't heard back yet. My coordinator is Marie-Luce Picard.

I have just received an email for my 2nd interviewer, like an hour ago. i don't know how much would it still work because for my first one, it took us a week to finalise a date... and i don't know if and when the adcom would start reviewing papers..

if results do come out on the 28th... well when do we expect the interviews to be finalised.
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 10:14
il be applying frnd...pl keep in touch.. but any idea how does one fund the finances there, normally, as in any TA or oncampus job avl...keep in touch...have u taken GMAT
?

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 16:54
vodkacran wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:
daniyatom wrote:
mbagal and those who haven't heard about the 2nd interview - any updates? who is your coordinator? i am still waiting for mine.

I haven't heard back yet. My coordinator is Marie-Luce Picard.

I have just received an email for my 2nd interviewer, like an hour ago. i don't know how much would it still work because for my first one, it took us a week to finalise a date... and i don't know if and when the adcom would start reviewing papers..

if results do come out on the 28th... well when do we expect the interviews to be finalised.

I don't know...I guess maybe arrange for the interview ASAP and hope that it can be done immediately? I think if you interview late, you'll be notified late, and this could go beyond 5/28
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 17:34
I don't know...I guess maybe arrange for the interview ASAP and hope that it can be done immediately? I think if you interview late, you'll be notified late, and this could go beyond 5/28[/quote]

ok now i get it. isn't it 28 may a gate? i guess a week before they will have to review ALL that they have received?
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 18:35
vodkacran wrote:
I don't know...I guess maybe arrange for the interview ASAP and hope that it can be done immediately? I think if you interview late, you'll be notified late, and this could go beyond 5/28

ok now i get it. isn't it 28 may a gate? i guess a week before they will have to review ALL that they have received?[/quote]

Yes, 28 May is supposed to be a deadline - within which they'll review all applications received for R1 and send out the decisions. Adcom is known to send out decisions as late as midnight local time on the last day...so for ppl east of France, it could mean 29th May and another night full of anxiety! For your case, if you're able to finish your interview by 18th may, your file will have 10 days to process.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 19:53
I too heard on my second iv yesterday. i mailed my coordinator asking how soon i need to finish it - she gave me may 21 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 20:05
mbagal2010 wrote:
I too heard on my second iv yesterday. i mailed my coordinator asking how soon i need to finish it - she gave me may 21 deadline.

One good thing about a late interview is that you'll have less time to worry about the outcome afterwards - if you do it on the given deadline, just one week. There are many ppl here who have kept their fingers crossed for three weeks! :-)
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 20:18
rishiphadke wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:

One good thing about a late interview is that you'll have less time to worry about the outcome afterwards - if you do it on the given deadline, just one week. There are many ppl here who have kept their fingers crossed for three weeks! :-)

LOL!! works both ways.. we have the anticipation of a good interview(er).

:)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 03:02
I finished my 2 interviews for Insead. The first one was casual and the second one was formal. I got a feeling that my second interviewer was probing into my opinion on several aspects. (I wonder if its some kind of stress test)

Also, did everyone get a response from his/her interviewer when you sent out the "Thank You" note?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 03:36
artgirl wrote:
I finished my 2 interviews for Insead. The first one was casual and the second one was formal. I got a feeling that my second interviewer was probing into my opinion on several aspects. (I wonder if its some kind of stress test)

Also, did everyone get a response from his/her interviewer when you sent out the "Thank You" note?

I sent out a thank you mail to my first interviewer, no reply.
The second one, I did not send.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 03:39
rishiphadke wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:

Rishipadke, are you less stressed this time ? Wonder how you have the patience and energy to go through this anxious wait 2 times around! respect! :o
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 03:44
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 04:52
artgirl wrote:
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:00
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..
It would be exciting to get admitted
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:24
ramanathanblue wrote:
artgirl wrote:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:

I think I'll probably just end up bringing my Thinkpad. It's a T60 and I've had it for a couple years but it works great (knock on wood) and I love it! The next laptop I get is going to be a Lenovo again but maybe a newer one like the W500 or something. Yeah, a proud Thinkpad fan over here :)
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:31
artgirl wrote:
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - Jan 2011

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:50
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.

Hum... Any mac user :?:
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:24
Rakham wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

Hum... Any mac user :?:

I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:27
Hum... Any mac user :?:[/quote]

I have a mac book pro too, will bring it along. I think its powerful enough.
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 07:30
sakura wrote:
I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.

I wouldn't worry about installing Windows just to run Excel. You can run MS Office on Mac OS.
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 13 May 2010, 07:30