Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 15:37
oh thanks !!!JZHANG

shall do that.

JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, Meghash.

In terms of international diversity, I think INSEAD looks for applicants who have had exposures to working with people from different cultural backgrounds or living in different countries. If you've worked in different countries or lived in different countries, you should be fine. Or even if you haven't worked or lived abroad, if you can articulate a logical reason why you want to pursue an international career, I think you should also be fine.

In terms of essay prep, I think you should set aside at least 1-2 months for drafting and writing the essays. I think it's important to have someone who is not familiar with your work and industry but who is familiar with your personality to read your essays.

And lastly, in regards to the documents you must send via mail to INSEAD, I recommend you read the application checklist. I recall that I sent a certified copy of my undergraduate transcript and maybe diploma.

Best of luck to you.

JZ

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 15:43
one last one on that application!!!

a copy of unofficial GMAT score...what does this mean?
i am taking GMAT on 3rd June and m planning to send rest of my docs before that and click submit on or after 3rd, once i have my GMAT score.
## Do they mean GMAT score filled in application ??
## or a hard copy/print of the unofficial score ?? pl enlighten

meghash3 wrote:
oh thanks !!!JZHANG

shall do that.

JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, Meghash.

In terms of international diversity, I think INSEAD looks for applicants who have had exposures to working with people from different cultural backgrounds or living in different countries. If you've worked in different countries or lived in different countries, you should be fine. Or even if you haven't worked or lived abroad, if you can articulate a logical reason why you want to pursue an international career, I think you should also be fine.

In terms of essay prep, I think you should set aside at least 1-2 months for drafting and writing the essays. I think it's important to have someone who is not familiar with your work and industry but who is familiar with your personality to read your essays.

And lastly, in regards to the documents you must send via mail to INSEAD, I recommend you read the application checklist. I recall that I sent a certified copy of my undergraduate transcript and maybe diploma.

Best of luck to you.

JZ

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 19:56
meghash3 wrote:
one last one on that application!!!

a copy of unofficial GMAT score...what does this mean?
i am taking GMAT on 3rd June and m planning to send rest of my docs before that and click submit on or after 3rd, once i have my GMAT score.
## Do they mean GMAT score filled in application ??
## or a hard copy/print of the unofficial score ?? pl enlighten

A photocopy of the score report (i.e. hard copy) which you'll get at the GMAT center after the test. I suggest you keep the rest of your documents ready and then send everything together by DHL on the day of your test and you should be fine - they'll reach Fonty in 3 days.

The official report will be sent by GMAC when you enter the INSEAD MBA code at the end of the test.

All the best for your GMAT and do cross the 700 barrier! :-)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 21:11
GoBruins wrote:
db66460 wrote:
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.

Well everyone should enjoy tomorrow, the last day of calmness.. (relatively) the one good thing is that INSEAD is a boom boom boom, 3 days and we're done.. If it was kellogg it would be like, trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..

I think kellogg must be run by the chinese.. Chinese water torture..

ouch, aren't all B-schools? LOL
well it's tuesday afternoon now in Asia, and if calls do start coming on Wednesday....

I need to start praying.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 22:09
vodkacran wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
db66460 wrote:
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.

Well everyone should enjoy tomorrow, the last day of calmness.. (relatively) the one good thing is that INSEAD is a boom boom boom, 3 days and we're done.. If it was kellogg it would be like, trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..

I think kellogg must be run by the chinese.. Chinese water torture..

ouch, aren't all B-schools? LOL
well it's tuesday afternoon now in Asia, and if calls do start coming on Wednesday....

I need to start praying.

Strange... I thought waterboarding was illegal.

LOL
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 23:46
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, everyone. I thought I'd post a joke to ease our tensions:

"A man was in the restaurant yesterday when he suddenly realized that he desperately
needed to pass gas. The music was really, really loud, so he timed his
gas with the beat of the music.

After a couple of songs, he started to feel better. He finished his coffee,
and noticed that everybody was staring at him...

Then he suddenly remembered that he was listening to his iPod."

JZ

good one JZHANG2008

I am back from my vacation in France, ( yes France, to already get a taste of french country side, I was at Normandy)..now its back to refreshing my email box and looking at my phone if I missed any calls :roll: :|
this wait is really killing...not able to concentrate at work at all....
all the best to all the folks in this forum!
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 01:32
ramanathanblue wrote:

I am back from my vacation in France, ( yes France, to already get a taste of french country side, I was at Normandy)..now its back to refreshing my email box and looking at my phone if I missed any calls :roll: :|
this wait is really killing...not able to concentrate at work at all....
all the best to all the folks in this forum!

Tres bien! for those who haven't specifically checked, the country code for France is +33. So that's the prefix to look out for on the mobile phone screen :roll:

All the best to everyone for the D-day tomorrow and here's hoping all of us get through and make a good group of friends at Fonty.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - Jan 2011

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 01:39
rishiphadke wrote:
All the best to everyone for the D-day tomorrow and here's hoping all of us get through and make a good group of friends at Fonty.

Or in Singapore!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 03:50
Very stressful. I cannot stop thinking about the outcome. I am spending more hours at work to beat this. How is everyone coping?
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - Jan 2011

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:10
artgirl wrote:
Very stressful. I cannot stop thinking about the outcome. I am spending more hours at work to beat this. How is everyone coping?

Same thing here: trying to get my mind off this by working a lot.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:14
Rakham wrote:
artgirl wrote:

It can sound funny, But i am just not able to work :roll: :roll: :oops:
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:17
Part of the reason why I am spending more hours at work is that I am unable to concentrate and that my efficiency has gone down :oops:
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:36
Having a bad day at work and on top of that I am unable to concentrate; hoping for the best for all of us in this group!
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD / LBS (admit)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:44
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:39
Rakham wrote:
artgirl wrote:

Drink up a glass of wine hoping I can drink those like a shower in Fonty next year! :oops:
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 08:11
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 08:20
JZHANG2008 wrote:
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ

Good One :)
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 09:59
You set the bar high with the first joke. thanks for providing constant entertainment - keep'em coming! I also have a question - does anyone have insight into ACTUAL acceptance rates for candidates that have been interviewed. Reason I say actual, is because i know the party line is "higher than 50%." Somehow, I believe that INSEAD is more lenient and really does make its largest cut before interviews. If i am right, it should make everyone feel better. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale SOM (admit), Insead 11D Rd I

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 10:16
I don't think that INSEAD posts its admission rates but from what I can tell the 50% marker seems representative.

That said, once again from the American perspective, I understand that things are extremely competitive. My interviewer, who is a regional alumni club head, had returned from an American alumni head summit in NYC right before we spoke. He noted that there has been an enormous push in recent years to raise INSEAD's profile in the US. As a result, applications were up exponentially in 2010 (he did not provide exact numbers, but said that it was incredibly greater than previous years), and since there's still a cap of 10-15% for any particular nationality, competition is cut throat for Yankees. On the other hand, the school has to admit someone and passing the interview stage is a big step, so my fingers are crossed for us gmatClubbers.

As a note, it's been a pleasure to read such a positive board. My fingers are crossed that we round I applicants will all be successful and see each other in January.

Best of luck to all!
Current Student
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 10:25
surefire wrote:
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !

Don't get too excited. They will start calling tomorrow, but you might only get called on Thursday or Friday.

As for the 50%, I think it's fairly accurate.

Good luck all. It really is a fun bunch of people here applying to INSEAD Jan 2011. Hope you all make it in. :-)
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 25 May 2010, 10:25