Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:17
Part of the reason why I am spending more hours at work is that I am unable to concentrate and that my efficiency has gone down :oops:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 70
Schools: INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:36
Having a bad day at work and on top of that I am unable to concentrate; hoping for the best for all of us in this group!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Canada
Schools: INSEAD / LBS (admit)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:44
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 14
Schools: INSEAD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:39
Rakham wrote:
artgirl wrote:
Very stressful. I cannot stop thinking about the outcome. I am spending more hours at work to beat this. How is everyone coping?


Same thing here: trying to get my mind off this by working a lot.


Drink up a glass of wine hoping I can drink those like a shower in Fonty next year! :oops:
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 08:11
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 08:20
JZHANG2008 wrote:
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ



Good One :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 09:59
You set the bar high with the first joke. thanks for providing constant entertainment - keep'em coming! I also have a question - does anyone have insight into ACTUAL acceptance rates for candidates that have been interviewed. Reason I say actual, is because i know the party line is "higher than 50%." Somehow, I believe that INSEAD is more lenient and really does make its largest cut before interviews. If i am right, it should make everyone feel better. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Washington DC
Schools: Yale SOM (admit), Insead 11D Rd I
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 10:16
I don't think that INSEAD posts its admission rates but from what I can tell the 50% marker seems representative.

That said, once again from the American perspective, I understand that things are extremely competitive. My interviewer, who is a regional alumni club head, had returned from an American alumni head summit in NYC right before we spoke. He noted that there has been an enormous push in recent years to raise INSEAD's profile in the US. As a result, applications were up exponentially in 2010 (he did not provide exact numbers, but said that it was incredibly greater than previous years), and since there's still a cap of 10-15% for any particular nationality, competition is cut throat for Yankees. On the other hand, the school has to admit someone and passing the interview stage is a big step, so my fingers are crossed for us gmatClubbers.

As a note, it's been a pleasure to read such a positive board. My fingers are crossed that we round I applicants will all be successful and see each other in January.

Best of luck to all!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 58
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 10:25
surefire wrote:
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !


Don't get too excited. They will start calling tomorrow, but you might only get called on Thursday or Friday.

As for the 50%, I think it's fairly accurate.

Good luck all. It really is a fun bunch of people here applying to INSEAD Jan 2011. Hope you all make it in. :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Schools: INSEAD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 12:07
GoBruins wrote:
cjanoam wrote:
I have applied for Jan 2011 R2 and have send the documents by INDIAPOST snail mail on 14 May 10. is there any way of knowing if they have received the docs by mail. Or should I just courier a set? Also, where is the interview taken? tHANKS


I sent mine by mail also. After the round ends they will send you an email from your coordinator letting you know that your application is complete or not.


I know the website said we'd get an email about whether the application was complete within 2 weeks, earlier if at least 1 week before round application deadline but just wondering whether you guys had heard yet? (and this isn't even the first 'stage' - don't know how you guys waiting to hear for final replies are coping - good luck to y'all!!)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 68
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 13:43
Guys,

I am planning to apply in R2 and have a question. In tha application there is a question "Briefly summarise your most recent job responsibilities", this is besides the the job description essay.

I have already defined my job description in the "Please give a detailed description of your job," essay. So how can I best utilize this space?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 17:28
tryinghard wrote:
Guys,

I am planning to apply in R2 and have a question. In tha application there is a question "Briefly summarise your most recent job responsibilities", this is besides the the job description essay.

I have already defined my job description in the "Please give a detailed description of your job," essay. So how can I best utilize this space?



In my case, I used the job responsibilities description that my employer has issued in the office to summarise job responsibilities. You know, a Memo that is issued to outilne your exact responsibilities. Perhaps that will help. In any case, I think the job description will flow from the brief description of the responsibilities.

Hope this helps :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 17:29
inseadhopeful wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
cjanoam wrote:
I have applied for Jan 2011 R2 and have send the documents by INDIAPOST snail mail on 14 May 10. is there any way of knowing if they have received the docs by mail. Or should I just courier a set? Also, where is the interview taken? tHANKS


I sent mine by mail also. After the round ends they will send you an email from your coordinator letting you know that your application is complete or not.


I know the website said we'd get an email about whether the application was complete within 2 weeks, earlier if at least 1 week before round application deadline but just wondering whether you guys had heard yet? (and this isn't even the first 'stage' - don't know how you guys waiting to hear for final replies are coping - good luck to y'all!!)



Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 18:35
tryinghard wrote:
Guys,

I am planning to apply in R2 and have a question. In tha application there is a question "Briefly summarise your most recent job responsibilities", this is besides the the job description essay.

I have already defined my job description in the "Please give a detailed description of your job," essay. So how can I best utilize this space?


I did something like what cjanoam did. Theres limited space in that space provided (i think its 4 lines or so), so the thing is to quickly and efficiently establish your key responsibilities. Think of it as the writing equivalent of the elevator pitch on what you do @ work

Hope that helps
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 18:48
cjanoam wrote:
Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(


If I recall correctly, I think they only send out the emails after the round is over, so that would be after the 9th of June

In my case, I submitted a few days before the deadline but only got the email almost 2 weeks after the round closed.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 61
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 19:20
Crezence wrote:
cjanoam wrote:
Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(


If I recall correctly, I think they only send out the emails after the round is over, so that would be after the 9th of June

In my case, I submitted a few days before the deadline but only got the email almost 2 weeks after the round closed.


Yes, that's correct. The confirmation emails are sent out all at once and not depending on when you submit the application. The emails will be sent around 10 days after the deadline.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 20:22
rishiphadke wrote:
Crezence wrote:
cjanoam wrote:
Even I read that. I had submitted my application on 14 May, but still no intimation. :(


If I recall correctly, I think they only send out the emails after the round is over, so that would be after the 9th of June

In my case, I submitted a few days before the deadline but only got the email almost 2 weeks after the round closed.


Yes, that's correct. The confirmation emails are sent out all at once and not depending on when you submit the application. The emails will be sent around 10 days after the deadline.



yea i got my receipt confirmation email around 10 days after (8 days to be exact) of the deadline.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 21:50
any news from anyone? ;)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 21:53
vodkacran wrote:
any news from anyone? ;)



not yet..its 8 am in Fonty....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 22:55
Has nyone heard??
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 25 May 2010, 22:55
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Differences in INSEAD September and January Intakes swissmix 2 23 Mar 2012, 11:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake aljatar 0 27 Jan 2011, 02:47
January 2011 intake? ayo 0 13 Aug 2010, 00:14
91 INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake happyls 1486 16 Jun 2010, 18:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  70    Next  [ 1396 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.