Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:00
CT is also my admissions coordinator and haven't heard from her yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:09
same here, haven't heard from CT yet
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:36
chaitu69 wrote:
kruizer wrote:
Anyone heard anything from Carol Therese?


Not yet


Has anyone else got admitted? So far only one admit on this forum? :!:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:38
ramanathanblue wrote:
chaitu69 wrote:
kruizer wrote:
Anyone heard anything from Carol Therese?


Not yet


Has anyone else got admitted? So far only one admit on this forum? :!:


Its 6:40 PM in France - Can we still expect mails/calls?
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:44
I think maybe we will have to wait until tomorrow for more news? Hang in there everyone....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 09:10
chaitu69 wrote:
Its 6:40 PM in France - Can we still expect mails/calls?


I've given up for the day. Where are you located? Anyone from NY with an admit or w/l?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 09:11
kruizer wrote:
chaitu69 wrote:
Its 6:40 PM in France - Can we still expect mails/calls?


I've given up for the day. Where are you located? Anyone from NY with an admit or w/l?


Denver, CO
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 09:53
I am in Seattle, WA.

Hey, Chaitu- are the initials of your admission's advisor CT? Do you think admin advisors notify the admits in the alphabetical order of last name? I know that none of us really know what goes on behind the sceen but I can't help trying to find a pattern, any pattern...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Canada
Schools: INSEAD / LBS (admit)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:02
Anyone hear from GS yet? (not Goldman Sachs...) :P
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 72
Location: Seattle, WA
Schools: INSEAD- D '11 Class
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Another joke for y'all to release the tension:

One night four MBA students were boozing till the break of dawn and didn't prepare for the final which was scheduled for that very morning. To save their asses, they came up with a plan. They made themselves look as dirty and weird as they could with grease and dirt then approached the professor and told him that they had gone to a wedding last night and on their way home, the tire of their car burst and they had to push the car all the way back so they were in no condition to take the final. The professor was a just person and agreed to let them reschedule the final for the next day. Next morning, the professor asked all four students to take the exam in separate rooms since they were given an exception. All four students agreed because they felt ready after a full day of preparation.

The test consisted of two questions with a total score of 100.

1) Write down your name. (2 points)

2) Which tire burst? (98 points)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 78
Location: Mumbai, India
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:22
Rishsi... I am applying in R 2. shall send my appl on 5th or 6th jun. can u pl guide...abt say essays....wat kinda approach u took....over the top...sedate...humorous...and on recos....two frm superirs is ok or one from peer is recommended?

i am taking my gmat on 3rd june. 7+ yrs exp , India, mumbai

rishiphadke wrote:
I got that mail too! :-)) so that throws any hypothesis out of the window

Posted from my mobile device Image

_________________

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:24
Lol, here's another good one...

At 3 AM a desk clerk at a hotel gets a call from a drunk guy asking what time the bar opens.

“It opens at noon” answers the clerk.

About an hour later he gets a call from the same guy, sounding even drunker.

“What time does the bar open?” he asks.

“Same time as before… Noon.” replies the clerk.

Another hour passes and he calls again, plastered “Whatjoo shay the bar opins at?”

The clerk then answers, “It opens at noon, but if you can’t wait, I can have room service send something up to you.”

“No… I don’t wanna git in… Ah wanna git OUT!!!”
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 14:20
surefire wrote:
Anyone hear from GS yet? (not Goldman Sachs...) :P


I'm waiting for GS as well...argh... excruciating wait....
_________________

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 15:13
JZHANG2008 wrote:
I am in Seattle, WA.

Hey, Chaitu- are the initials of your admission's advisor CT? Do you think admin advisors notify the admits in the alphabetical order of last name? I know that none of us really know what goes on behind the sceen but I can't help trying to find a pattern, any pattern...



Seems to me the admission staff is by region, CT is mine too and I'm southwest USA. Which makes sense since they contact the interviewers for interviews and you don't want multiple people arranging interviews.

So far I think CT has Seattle, So Cal, North East, Colorado.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 15:45
dear all, i have been looking through several pages of the posts on this topic, i am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but what are the ranges in the GMAT score of those who applied to INSEAD and those who already got accepted, i am planning to catch the deadline of the 9th june, if i manage to pull it through on the gmat on the 3rd. so far my gmat preparation has been a biig challenge, and i know this won't be the stongest point of my application, but i was wondering but would be a decent score...
thanks
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 3

[#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 18:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
vibur83 wrote:
dear all, i have been looking through several pages of the posts on this topic, i am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but what are the ranges in the GMAT score of those who applied to INSEAD and those who already got accepted, i am planning to catch the deadline of the 9th june, if i manage to pull it through on the gmat on the 3rd. so far my gmat preparation has been a biig challenge, and i know this won't be the stongest point of my application, but i was wondering but would be a decent score...
thanks


Go with what it says on the INSEAD website. You should have 70-75 percentile for both Verbal and Quant. To give you a sense of what that translates to, I have 83%V/83%Q, and I have an overall 710. Based on the information session for INSEAD I went to, if you get 75% in both V and Q, treat that as you are good for academics. The rest of your profile then needs to be strong. If you are lower in either, then the rest of your profile needs to be stronger to get in. Take a look at my spreadsheet to see who got interview invites compared to their profile and GMAT score.

One thing I would caution you on - if you have not written your essays yet, this is your first application to a b-school, and you only plan on starting your app on June 3rd, you have a huge challenge ahead, even if you hire an admissions consultant. Your GMAT score is only worth 1/4 of your overall profile, 3/4 come through on your essays.
_________________

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 78
Location: Mumbai, India
Schools: INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: Q [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 18:47
thanks.!!! vibur 83
where is ur spreadsheet. also give some tips for essays...and recos....two from superiors or 1 superior and one peer

HankScorpio wrote:
vibur83 wrote:
dear all, i have been looking through several pages of the posts on this topic, i am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but what are the ranges in the GMAT score of those who applied to INSEAD and those who already got accepted, i am planning to catch the deadline of the 9th june, if i manage to pull it through on the gmat on the 3rd. so far my gmat preparation has been a biig challenge, and i know this won't be the stongest point of my application, but i was wondering but would be a decent score...
thanks


Go with what it says on the INSEAD website. You should have 70-75 percentile for both Verbal and Quant. To give you a sense of what that translates to, I have 83%V/83%Q, and I have an overall 710. Based on the information session for INSEAD I went to, if you get 75% in both V and Q, treat that as you are good for academics. The rest of your profile then needs to be strong. If you are lower in either, then the rest of your profile needs to be stronger to get in. Take a look at my spreadsheet to see who got interview invites compared to their profile and GMAT score.

One thing I would caution you on - if you have not written your essays yet, this is your first application to a b-school, and you only plan on starting your app on June 3rd, you have a huge challenge ahead, even if you hire an admissions consultant. Your GMAT score is only worth 1/4 of your overall profile, 3/4 come through on your essays.

_________________

ASHISH DONGRE
BE KIND & GENEROUS TO SHARE THE KUDOS...THE MORE YOUR GIVE THE MORE YOU GET

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

Re: Q [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 18:58
meghash3 wrote:
thanks.!!! vibur 83
where is ur spreadsheet. also give some tips for essays...and recos....two from superiors or 1 superior and one peer


send me a PM with your email address and I will give you access to the google docs spreadsheet. Essay tips you should be able to find some good advice on content just by going to google and typing in "insead essay tips". Only major tip I'd add on top of that is find good reviewers (ideally, someone who's been admitted to a top b-school) and start early, like 1 month in advance - don't under-estimate how many rewrites you'll have to do. For recos, consider who can answer the recommender form questions the best and with the most specific examples. See my previous post on this topic for the actual essay questions. I had one superior, one client write my recommendations.
_________________

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 58
Schools: HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 22:10
JZHANG2008 wrote:
I am in Seattle, WA.

Hey, Chaitu- are the initials of your admission's advisor CT? Do you think admin advisors notify the admits in the alphabetical order of last name? I know that none of us really know what goes on behind the sceen but I can't help trying to find a pattern, any pattern...


Admissions Coordinators are indeed by region. They don't always call in alphabetical order. I got called at 9:30 on wednesday, though my last name starts with one of the 5 last letters of the alphabet.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 22:53
Guys and gals...its a new day, wait starts again....all the best
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 26 May 2010, 22:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Differences in INSEAD September and January Intakes swissmix 2 23 Mar 2012, 11:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake aljatar 0 27 Jan 2011, 02:47
January 2011 intake? ayo 0 13 Aug 2010, 00:14
91 INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake happyls 1486 16 Jun 2010, 18:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  70    Next  [ 1396 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.