Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 20:55
Round 2 deadline for September intake

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 15:50
Hey BigFox,

Sorry to ask you yet again, but as the payment deadline passed last week, Could you look up some numbers for us?

Thanks

Total:

Canada
India
Israel
Jordan
Lebanon
Syria
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 04:19
Gmanster wrote:
Hey BigFox,

Sorry to ask you yet again, but as the payment deadline passed last week, Could you look up some numbers for us?

Thanks

Total:

Canada
India
Israel
Jordan
Lebanon
Syria

Hey Gmanster

Total:525

Canada: 31 (lots of double nationalities)
India: 61
Israel: 16
Jordan: 2
Lebanon: 32
Syria: 3

Just a thought, something I was thinking for myself had I not recieved an offer. Dec7th is the deadline for Sep 2012 intake 2nd round. If you are thinking of re-applying and miss it, then you have an option of either applying for 3rd round sep 2012 intake or I think 1st round Jan 2013 intake. From my personal experience, 3rd round is pretty difficult as there are usually very few places left (in relative terms, versus other rounds). So 1st round Jan2013 would probably be the most sensible, given you want to reapply. But if someone wants to re-apply and not wait another year, I think the coming Dec 7th is the way to go. Just a thought though..I hope re-application is not needed and you hear good news soon.
BF
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 09:59
Hi BF
Can you please post the current number of Greek admits?

Thanks

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 13:00
FinActivist wrote:
Hi BF
Can you please post the current number of Greek admits?

Thanks

Hi FA,

There are 7 now. Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 20:20
Thanks BF...

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 20:26
Gmaster,
Thanks for representing me in your query. You must be encouraged by the decrease in the number of lebanese...;)

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: General Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 23:16
The Indians have reduced too? :shock:
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 00:38
rino wrote:
Gmaster,
Thanks for representing me in your query. You must be encouraged by the decrease in the number of lebanese...;)

Hahah, no prob Rino :) I did miss the greeks tho, sorry Fin!

Encouraged.. i'm not quite sure. INSEAD normally takes about 22 or so Lebanese, but this year... im just surprised at the sheer amount. But we will see how it goes. Any thoughts of how many the final total count will be for this year? do you think they will get to 550?

BF, i agree with you about the reapplication. Round 3 this year got totally ****. Poor them!

Curious to know if anyone has looked into accommodation if they were to get accepted? I was hoping for something in Fontainebleau so that i can be close to school and also be able to party a bit and not have to drive... but from the looks of it, we might have to take places out of town and drive in.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 27

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 08:29
Applying for R2. Any tips..??
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 13:18
I'm not sure we are the best candidates to offer tips...after all, we got waitlisted :)

Don't bother going through this thread- its relevant only for waitlisted candidates.
The best piece of advice I can offer you is don't end up applying on r3.

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 14:35
rino wrote:
I'm not sure we are the best candidates to offer tips...after all, we got waitlisted :)

Don't bother going through this thread- its relevant only for waitlisted candidates.
The best piece of advice I can offer you is don't end up applying on r3.

Hahah, i was thinking the same but wasn't sure i should say it! Perhaps he is looking for tips on NOT getting waitlisted.. I guess my tip would be to apply to more than one school which isn't that hard on the sept intake. That way you have choices all coming in at once, instead of having to wait for just one school.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 00:28
I really thought that the worst time of the wl was one month ago, but getting close to january is just frustrating. If im accepted, how im suppose to close all my pendings in 15 days????? Its simply incredible
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 01:15
Hi,

Anyone who has been waitlisted and who has been called?
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 02:15
anonislis wrote:
Hi,

Anyone who has been waitlisted and who has been called?

Hi Anonislis,
Please fill in your basic info -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 5yA#gid=18
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 02:57
I did, but I am surprised that nobody has been called yet!
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 03:38
I believe we shall see some movement by the end of the week

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 23:30
rino wrote:

Do you think end of this week? I was thinking around the 13th... that's when the pressure lets up from processing and notifying all the R2 candidates for interviews. Then they will turn their attention to us.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 01:30
Gmanster wrote:
rino wrote:

Do you think end of this week? I was thinking around the 13th... that's when the pressure lets up from processing and notifying all the R2 candidates for interviews. Then they will turn their attention to us.

I've just talked to my coordinator- it seems that she can't estimate when should there be some movement. She stressed that there is no pattern to the waitlist, and that the comity can reach final decisions at any time. However, this may just be the dictated official response she is obliged to provide.

I am wondering whether I should get off the waitlist and reapply at round 2 (today), or stay on the waitlist and hope for the best. In the worst case, I can always pay another visit to the round 3 graveyard :).
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 09:53
rino wrote:
Gmanster wrote:
rino wrote:

I've just talked to my coordinator- it seems that she can't estimate when should there be some movement. She stressed that there is no pattern to the waitlist, and that the comity can reach final decisions at any time. However, this may just be the dictated official response she is obliged to provide.

I am wondering whether I should get off the waitlist and reapply at round 2 (today), or stay on the waitlist and hope for the best. In the worst case, I can always pay another visit to the round 3 graveyard :).

That's hilarious! I broke down and emailed me coordinator last night only to find out that she has been replaced it seems. Was advised nothing has changed in my status and assured they would contact me should a position become available for me. Nothing to feel encouraged about at this point.

As i won't be reapplying, i don't share your dilemma Rino. Thinking about it there are a few options you can consider:

1) Do you have to get into an MBA program this year? or are you able to wait a little longer to get in. This might mean you wait this out and then reapply in R1 next year? No point wasting a good chance to get in now for unknown chances in Sept.

2) Do the Jan/Sept intakes differ for you? Looking back maybe i should have applied for the Sept intake instead of Jan. I would like a placement within the program, but its not a deal breaker.

3) Has your profile changed within the past 6 months or are you hoping to get luckier with the numbers on your second try? For example, I have actually taken the past year off and have been volunteering with the Canadian Cancer Society (I've always wanted to do my volunteering before an MBA). If i was to reapply for Sept, my profile would be exactly the same, so, I doubt the response will be significantly better.

P.S. R3 really sucks, I personally would wait a couple months and go for R1 of the next intake. Just think about it, you are competing for 1 of 250 spaces instead of 1 of 80?

Good luck either way!
Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2011, 09:53